• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching I found this translation: Termina is a world created by Skull Kid using the power of Majora's Mask based on his own memories and wishful thinking/imagination, hence the similarities between Hyrule and Termina. The Giants, also created by the mask, are the representations of the spirits that Skull Kid had a deep connection with, but left.

The dawn of the new day is pretty much a reflection on Skull Kid's mental state when he accepted that people can still be friends even if they are far apart.

@glassman That's why I've asked if someone could translate the scans above. This is the same memory that shows SK in Termina despite the fact that it was heavily implied that he came from Hyrule (read point 4 and 5)

TriforcePower1 said:
@glassma

That's why I've asked if someone could translate the scans above. This is the same memory that shows SK in Termina despite the fact that it was heavily implied that he came from Hyrule (read point 4 and 5)
Why is it unlikely for Skull Kid to be to cross to and from the parallel worlds?

Just because the entrance we see in the game is through a long fall doesn't mean that it is the only way to Termina.

Hell, it very probable that there are multiple paths to Termina from Hyrule. As at the end of the game, Link goes back to Hyrule with Epona, and how would he be able to jump up that long fall with his horse if there wasn't another way back?

TriforcePower1 said:
No one ever said that Link returned with Epona and he probably used the Deku flower to go up
He rides off with her at the end of the game, and he is not going to abondon Epona.

TriforcePower1 said:
Also, if it was that easy to travel between Termina and Hyrule, hero's shade statement'd stop making sense
Shade's statement makes no sense. Renado says this statement:

"In Hyrule, countless tales are told of the ancient hero...and your deeds bring them all to mind. May the graces of the great goddesses who shaped Hyrule bear you on your way."
— Renado
Not to mention that there's a gravestone in Hyrule Castle that speaks of "cursed swordsmen" -likely Link- that sleeps underneath the "sacred tree" that has like half a dozen dead soldiers point at the grave so was clearly remembered.

Renado was referring to other Links such SS, MC, FS. And considering hero's shade's equipment, after the adventure in Termina he probably became a soldier/general. Also, there's no proof of it being Link's grave.

Why is it unlikely for Skull Kid to be to cross to and from the parallel worlds?

Just because the entrance we see in the game is through a long fall doesn't mean that it is the only way to Termina.

Hell, it very probable that there are multiple paths to Termina from Hyrule. As at the end of the game, Link goes back to Hyrule with Epona, and how would he be able to jump up that long fall with his horse if there wasn't another way back?

Again, that's just speculation, not a solid fact.

A quick recap for newcomers: 4-A Majora is proved by HE statement.

The big inconsistency of power of Majora inside and outside Termina, from being able to create the end of the world in three days to need SK help to simply escape from the HMS (there wasn't any particular seal, otherwise SK wouldn't have been able to steal it). This is furthermore shown in the intro of MM.

The existance of people from OoT can either be explained with Link messing up the world during its creation, or the fact that they are ancestors of OoT people the SK met when he was a child (in MC we see Malon, the Gorman Brother, Tingle); the second option becoms much probable when you realize the fact that only very old characters in OoT mantain the same name. The first explanation could explain why Termina is full of child sized weapons, or why a race like Gorons have the eye/lens of truth.

We know that every Zelda world is created either by the GG or sone other creature. This is proven by the myth the Deku Tree tells us, in which he said the universe was chaos before the GG, so any world not created by them must have been created by created by some other creature, otherwise it would be Chaos, which Termina obviously is not. The GG didn't create Termina, as the symbol of the Triforce is nowhere to be found and no one ever mentions them, and the only character who has shown that ability in Termina is MM.

The proofs against it are Tatl's flashback in which we see the SK in Termina, and Anju's grandma's story.

Hyrule Encyclopedia is the third book of the Goddess Collectio trilogy, with Hyrule Historia and arts and artifacts, so it should have the same canon vaue.

Also, Termina's culture revolves around masks, which would make sense in a world created by a mask; though it's not a big point. KG (the owl with the strange name)'s statement is relevant because it's a reference to the owl that in LA makes you go to the shrine in wich is written that Koholit is the Wind Fish' dream

So, is the upgrade valid?

Anju's grandma's story could have been created by Majora because, you know, he created her.

And Tatl's flashback is likely to have happen in the Lost Woods (Link, not knowing that, imagined it took place in Termina), and nothing Tatl says contradict it, while having it place in Termina is actually stranger considering she said he was there after being abandoned by his friends (the field is desert and he couldn't have come from Clocktwn, as the guards would have stopped him). Plus the flashback we see right after this clearly take place there as we encounter SK there, Navi implies SK are children lost in the Lost Woods (which would explain the lach of other SKs in Termina), and the fact that the HMS was able to follow us. Tatl only talks about the drawing and not the place, and the picture was created by MM.

@triforce for the last time, everything you said is merely speculation. Anju being made by skull kid is just speculation, SK's backstory with the fairies is not just headcanon when we literally see SK meeting the fairies, and there's no reason to suggest she wouldn't tell Link about how they met SK in the first place.

Just stop. The upgrade isn't valid and won't get accepted. This is a barely canon guidebook that contradicts everything about the game.

What exactly contradicts HE? I've already explained any contradiction. I'm not saying that Tatl lied or else, just that she never specifies the place

In the end the things that prove HE statement (which I've already proved as canon) are: the inconsistency in power, the return of characters and weapons from OoT, the owl statement, the fact that the SK is clearly from Hyrule (Navi says SKs are children lost in Lost Wood, it's heavily implied to be the same SK as the OoT one, and in Termina there aren't SKs) and the fact that the GG are unlikely to have created Termina, which only leaves MM. All this points have already been explained above. The contradictions are Anju's grandma story and Tatl's flashback, which I have already explained above. So unless you prove that HE is non-canon, disprove the points or point out bigger contradictions, the upgrade is valid. And last, if someone knows someone who speaks Japanese, please ask him to translate the scans I've posted above, as this could end the entire debate in either ways. Please

TriforcePower1 said:
What exactly contradicts HE? I've already explained any contradiction. I'm not saying that Tatl lied or else, just that she never specifies the place
Every guidebook, interview, and summary about Termina says it is in a "parallel world" to Hyrule, but now it is apparently a realm created by Majora in HE.

Termina

...even if literally all of these assertions are true,

A: I've yet to see where its demonstrated that "Termina," as a world, refers to more than just the planet. It almost always refers either to a planet or a universe, and if its referring to a universe here... uhhhhh...

B: There's no timeframe attached to this feat at all. Majora could've taken at much time as he needed to create each individual star in Termina, assuming he made them at all...

I'm honestly kinda iffy on even Large Star level LoZ, this much definitely doesn't sit well with me to be honest. : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back