• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the feat is easy: Termina has several stars.

Acconding to Hyrule Encyclopedia, Majora's mask created (It's not a dream world) Termina, which is a 4-A feat.

First of all, HE is canon: even though it was written by Nintendo Dream, Nintendo had a counseling role and they say on the first page that most of what's written is based on in-games materials (the creative liberty content are the sentences with may/might like: at the end of WW the Triforce may have been destroyed).

Most things they wrote actually make sense, as Oox games happening after LA (Zelda does not recognize Link in Oox games). The disclaimers are the same as HH, and Nintendo never dismissed it as non-canon.

According to the wiki rules: Author statements will only be accepted when they clarify what has been shown or implied in the series itself, and will be rejected when they contradict what has been shown to the audience. Statements that technically do not contradict anything shown in the series will still be rejected if there is no evidence that they are accurate

So I'm here to prove that Majora actually created Termina.

1. Inconsistence of power: When we first encounter Skull Kid in the Lost Wood he doesn't show any particular power (he walks, steals Link's horse to escape, etc.), but when Link enters Termina he starts to levitate, curses Link and explicitly says: "Oh, come now. Do you really think you can beat me as I am now?" This can be easily explained with Termina being a pocket reality created by Majora.

2. Parallel world: Termina being Hyrule's parallel world is now impossible thanks to the introduction of Lorule in ALBW and the existence of other characters not present in OoT, meaning that all the characters who have similar appearances to other characters in OoT were created by Link influence when he entered Termina during its creation. Also, it's possible that the people who resemble OoT characters may have been people who lived a long time ago, likely during the events of Minish Cap (in this game appears Tingle, the Gorman brothers and Malon), who Skull Kid met when he was still a child.

3. The existence of Link's weapon in Termina (child sized): see before. And Majora probably didn't care about creating them (we're talking about the same...guy?... that gave Link FDM) .

4. Skull Kid's origin: The Skull Kid of MM is the same one of OoT, made pretty obvious by his statement at the end of the game: "you have the same smell as the fairy kid who taught me that song in the woods". He's clearly talking about Saria's song that he learned in the Lost Woods, either by us or some other Kokiri, so unless the Skull Kid usually travels across worlds (should be noted that the fall from Hyrule to Termina is quite high), Anju's grandma story doesn't make any sense

5. The meeting with Tatl and Tael: This is complicated. Basically there are two possibilities. One is that the flashback we see in MM actually takes place in Hyrule, but that's very unlikely. An another possibility is that the fairies were created by Majora, who canonically has shown the ability to create people (the moon children), when the Skull Kid wanted friends.

6. The five stages of grief: As most people probably already know, the five areas of Termina are based upon the stages of grief. This is likely a representation of Skull Kid's mind after being abandoned by his friends. The moon destroying everything represents Majora destroying Skull Kid's mind.

7. Kaepora Gaebora's statement: In the swamp area he says: "This swamp you are in is fated to lose its guardian deity and eventually disappear. Well, that fate isn't restricted to this swamp..." .

8. The giants: As described in HE, the giants are the spirits of Skull Kids friends created by the mask. The reason he doesn't automatically erase them at the end of the game is likely because he thought it was better to simply force his way.

9. The absence of the Triforce: Last but not least, the fact that the symbol of the Triforce is completely absent in Termina, and no one, not even Anju's grandma, ever mentions any deity aside from the goddess of time (and the four giants). Also, as seen in ALBW, a world cannot exist without something sustaining it, and because there doesn't appear to be the Triforce in Termina, that only leaves MM.

Last things I want to say are that the stars are not illusions, as you can see them with the lens of truth, and that I haven't touched the Happy MS because he wouldn't make sense anyway. This feat scales to FDLink, the Triforce (for obvious reasons), full Triforce wielders, aLttP Link and Composite Link. Demise could get a "At least 4-C, Likely 4-A" for being the king of demons, which Majora obviously is. Same with Hylia, who scales from Demise, but I don't think SS Link should scale, as Demise was still weakened.

Also scales to Cuccos :)

dont worry, you can change it whenever you want, just understand that people wont read it the way it is now.

Aside of the paragraphs you can post where is stated that HE is canon, but even if it is then the characters stats will remain the same because of the constellation revision that feat will be a at least High 4-C one and not 4-A.

Feats on that range will be rated as at least High 4-C, unless all that discusion about it needs to be analyzed more.

There had been an interview to Aonuma some time later the release of HE in which he said: "The books that have been released so far, such as Hyrule Encyclopedia, have revealed the Zelda series timeline." It makes sense that also other things written in HE would be canon, especially considering the fact that Aonuma could used this time to say that the HE is non canon, but he didn't.

It wasn't me this time. Just wanted to let you know.

(No, this isn't an attempt to ridicule the OP, as much as it is a reference to my past attempts)

@Dark. Constellations are High 4-C, yes. Not starry sky realms. If this fear gets accepted, and I'm not saying it will, then it's 4-A, not High 4-C.

I don't agree with this feat considering that we saw the moon, a thing created by Majora, to be gone when Majora died. So since according to you Majora created Termina, why isn't all of Termina gone considering everything created by Majora is gone when it died?

Theglassman12 said:
I don't agree with this fest considering that we saw the moon, a thing created by Majora, to be gone when Majora died. So since according to you Majora created Termina, why isn't all of Termina gone considering everything created by Majora is gone when it died?
Good question.

Again, assuming this is legit, there's a metric ton of universe creators whose universes don't die if they do. For example, when Arceus was about to die from being beaten to near death with the PIS stick, the universe would've been perfectly fine.

For the second bit, Majora was treating everything like a game, where there was a winner and a loser. It would be a very hollow victory if the moon crashed on Termina, or if Termina was erased altogether. Plus, not everything bad was set back to normal, as the Deku Butler's son was still dead.

Again, not even playing Devil's Advocate here. I'm just stating that if Majora did canonically create Termina, then there are counters to the arguments made against it.

I...actually don't recall that one. I think the one you're referring to is the Golden Goddesses creating Termina, which was an inaccurate NOA description.

We were debating this since it doesn't come from Hyrule Historia but from another more speculative semi-official guidebook.

I personally think that unless we get more concrete proof that this absolutely is contradictory, we should think of this as canon. We should not ssume that WOG is inherently false, nd contradictions arise constantly in series even without their influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back