• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
During the battle on Earth in the Sinestro Wars comic. The heroes needed a way to stop the Anti-Moniter and the plan was to drop War World on him. It is stated that if War World combined with the Yellow Power battery attached to it blew up, it would wipe out the entire Milky Way Galaxy.

War Worlds destruction

When the lanterns drop it on him, over a dozen lantern (Not even 100 going off the image) cover it in a barrier and actually contain the explosion. Cyborg Superman was inside and was supposedly destroyed but near the end of the comic, a piece of his body (the head) is found by the Manhunters.

Green Lantarn's contain explosion

Green Lantern's contain explosion 2

Cyborg Superman Survives

This means a piece of Cyborg Superman bearly survived a Galaxy explosion which would be 4-A and even if we devived up the AP of the number of Green Lanterns who contained the explosion they would be a 4-A feat given there wasn't even close to 100 lanterns blocking the blast. So my question is, is this an outlier for Cyborg Superman and the Green Lanterns?. I can grab the scan in the tommorow so people want to see it.

I have a feeling this might have been addressed, also scans for this? But perhaps asking Matt or Prince of the Morning.

Cyborg Superman was like literally just a head, so I don't think that may be treated as a durability feat. Requiring dozens to hold of a galaxy wide explosion does sound like a good 4-A feat, but worried this might be considered an outlier. Though, it is consistent with Superman "Absorbing enough solar radiation to destroy half a galaxy."

I'm neutral, but would feel like we need more input from more DC Comics experts.

I know I've seen a few 4-A feats scattered around my bookshelf (rip wallet), but unfortunately right now I can't remember specifics like who they were done by. So I can't really contribute at the moment, sorry.

Depending on how many Lanterns this would be this is 4-A (be Petafoe I think)

There's a few 4-A feats I can think of (Marvel has a ton as well)

I know some people tried to scale Wonder Woman from Ares' avatars, but Ares holds back against Wonder Woman + Wonder Woman regularly requires artifacts to even fight his avatars and even Ares' avatars vary greatly in power. I think those were some of the only other 4-A feats I can think of besides Superman's one and only 4-A one.

And I also know Matt's super busy, but perhaps Mr Sandman might be good.

He "Rocked a Solar system", which was calculated as a 5-A feat by Kepekley. Shaking the Phantom Zone was more so a chain reaction given that even Batman level characters have shook the Phanton Zone before. I don't recall Post-Crisis Supes actually shaking the universe.

Wasn't the solar system thing in the Fourt World though?

I'm also certain Batman level characters shaking the Phantom Zone is a massive outlier and not even worth bringing into this conversation

You should ask FanofRPGs and Firestorm808 to comment here. They are currently searching for feats to scale the DC characters from.

I'll have to reread the Sinestro Corp War storyline before I confirm anything, but for now, here is my GLC feat timeline.

Green Lantern Corps Feats Timeline Project

Green Lantern Vol 4 #25 January 2008

• The Guardians are able to pierce the Anti-Monitor's armor.
  • It is stated that the Guardians need the help of every ring slinger to just scratch the weakened Anti-Monitor.
  • The explosion of Warworld with its Yellow Power Battery is able to injure the weakened Anti-Monitor

Checking back on my timeline, I see the folowing in the next issue:

You can either argue that the combined power is an outlier or that Green Lanterns combining their powers doesn't work on a linear scale since there is more than 10^21 times power differece between Solar System level and Galaxy level. I would have to look at other examples of Lanterns combining their powers to be more concrete.

Should we give them a higher scale of power when acting as a group? They kept Superboy-Prime confined that way for example.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I know some people tried to scale Wonder Woman from Ares' avatars, but Ares holds back against Wonder Woman + Wonder Woman regularly requires artifacts to even fight his avatars and even Ares' avatars vary greatly in power. I think those were some of the only other 4-A feats I can think of besides Superman's one and only 4-A one.
And I also know Matt's super busy, but perhaps Mr Sandman might be good.
shouldn't post-crisis characters have varies tiers from 5-B to 4-A then?

The Tier 5 feats are casual lowends often times, and the 4-B feats are consistent enough to get solid ratings. And unless variable tiers are actually explained in verse, not just because numerous inconsistencies or multiple writers; we usually try to avoid them and go by consistency. 4-B is super consistent, but 4-A we're kind of uneasy for.

Should they be given extra 4-A or 3-C "when acting as a group" statistics?

Probably not. Superman only destroyed a planet to stop the Golem, so the entity does not seem to have been of a true 4-A size.

I would like some input from the DC experts before we do anything.

As for the Galactic Golem, all those stars I see appear to be just in the back ground; not that he's interstellar sized or anything like that. I do see a bunch of planets that appear inside him, but I don't see proof how he's light-years tall or something like that.

Antvasima said:
Should they be given extra 4-A or 3-C "when acting as a group" statistics?
Anyway, since we have rejected the Golem being 4-A, what about the Green Lanterns?

That is fine for me, preferably if you have the time and energy to do so rather quickly, before wiki editing is shut down for at least a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back