• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

3-A Moro upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they come straight from Herms and he hasn't corrected himself or been corrected by someone else as far as I know, I would trust them. That said, reading over his tweets, it seems that Toyotaro goes back and forth between "every galaxy" and just "this galaxy" in the chapter. It's very strange wording for sure and it makes it hard to discern the author's intent, but with Tien stating that even the Super Dragon Balls in space will get destroyed, I'm still very slightly leaning towards the 3-A interpretation.
I suppose that makes sense still I suppose with site rules it probably needs to be a translation done here

I believe that the Beerus Champa feat in the manga should be reconsidered as 3-A. At no point in time, beerus was ever scared of moro at any of his forms. In fact, he was pretty confident that he would take planet moro out while MUI goku was struggling. Even in the recent manga, where beerus stomped vegeta, goku said that beerus is not someone to mess with. This means that beerus is still likely above goku in the dbs manga.
From all this, we can conclude that 3-A beerus and other GODs make sense.

Goku should probably scale to Moro's self-destruction since Beerus implied Goku would survive Moro's self-destruction (plus Goku would be in the dead center of it so he would take most of it) either that or Beerus thinks Goku would IT out of there
E2xsAL8VUAM2sBz

Goku should probably scale to Moro's self-destruction since Beerus implied Goku would survive Moro's self-destruction (plus Goku would be in the dead center of it so he would take most of it) either that or Beerus thinks Goku would IT out of there
I doubt it since Goku can't breathe in space, which he'd need to do if the planet was destroyed, so it's most likely just Beerus being Beerus.

3-A is pretty legit. About scaling, well, nothing stated that it's a thing like Majin Vegeta's self destruction, but context just says that is Moro's full energy if the latter gets out of control, ergo is simply its peak of ki. So whoever is above Moro should be 3-A as well.

Semi-Perfect Cell also instantly killed SSJ Goku with self-destruction, who was far more powerful than him. So I don't know if Goku should scale in this case.

Who said that it is a technique? Both Moro and Cell were basically doing the same thing, that's self-destruct. They would explode using all of their ki and energy. We have to prove that they aren't the same in order to scale Goku to the explosion.

Anyway, the full thread from Herms here gives some more context to the possible translation error. Some of it is missing due to the other person apparently deleting their account, but there should still be enough to get an idea of what's going on. I'll try looking through the manga itself later.

Can someone link the original tweet thread of Herms that is mentioned in the OP. I think Harms went in more detail in that.

I think Herms was unsure whether Whis' statement meant "whole" galaxy or "each/every" galaxy, and he even says it's possible to conflate the two. Going by the context, it's probably the former since every time the talk of universal destruction has occurred in DBS, they have always used the word "uchu/universe" directly.

Also they were worried about the sdb getting destroyed and the kai thanked uub for saving the universe

I guess it’s kinda debatable but I think Uub being called the Savior of the Universe is enough to say The explosion would effect more then just the galaxy, so I agree with Moro being 3-A

The dictionary definition of ごと is “every”, but it’s also used as a contraction of 丸ごと, “entire”, and Toyotaro tends to use it in the latter sense. Case in point, when U9 is wiped out in the ToP, the Great Priest describes the annihilation of 宇宙ごと, the entire universe.

With all the talk of universal destruction throughout the ToP, it’s be rather strange and clunky for Whis to suddenly start saying “every galaxy” rather than simply “the universe”.

After hearing Whis’ comment, Kuririn tells the others that Moro’s explosion will blow away この銀河, “this galaxy”. With Japanese lacking a true plural form, it’s maybe possible to take this as meaning “these galaxies”, but it’s not a way of saying “every galaxy”.

Examining the context, the arguments in favor of destruction of one galaxy are:
1) Toyotaro generally uses the word to mean "entire" (galaxy).
2) Characters have always used the word "uchu/universe" for universal destruction, and never "every galaxy".
3) Krillin didn't mean it as "every galaxy".

The arguments in favor of destruction of the universe are:
1) The dictionary meaning of the word is "every" (galaxy).
2) Krillin was working under the assumption that one of the Super Dragon Balls was in that galaxy, which is not impossible but still absurd. But then again, they couldn't take any chances so this is a weak argument.

I think the case is pretty vague. I guess a "possibly" rating could work?

the kai thanked uub for saving the universe
Saving the universe is a blanket statement. This doesn't mean anything on its own when the opponent is indeed a threat to the universe.

Examining the context, the arguments in favor of destruction of one galaxy are:
1) Toyotaro generally uses the word to mean "entire" (galaxy).
2) Characters have always used the word "uchu/universe" for universal destruction, and never "every galaxy".
3) Krillin didn't mean it as "every galaxy".

The arguments in favor of destruction of the universe are:
1) The dictionary meaning of the word is "every" (galaxy).
2) Krillin was working under the assumption that one of the Super Dragon Balls was in that galaxy, which is not impossible but still absurd. But then again, they couldn't take any chances so this is a weak argument.

I think the case is pretty vague. I guess a "possibly" rating could work?

Saving the universe is a blanket statement. This doesn't mean anything on its own when the opponent is indeed a threat to the universe.
And also the super dragon balls were in danger, those can't be in just one galaxy

Also they were worried about the sdb getting destroyed and the kai thanked uub for saving the universe
Well, wouldn't they be out of luck if even one Super Dragon Ball gets destroyed? You can't collect all seven Dragon Balls to summon the dragon to fix everything if there aren't seven Dragon Balls still existing, after all. Plus, even if you take it as "every galaxy," surely Universe 6 would be unaffected by this.

As for the "savior of the universe" line, I don't see how it necessarily follows that Moro's explosion was going to annihilate the entire universe. If a villain was going to destroy Texas and someone defeated them before they could do so, Joe Biden very well might hail them as the savior of the country/nation.

-----

I think that the "possibly 3-A" compromise is a little silly. Dictionary definitions don't mean too much if the author clearly uses them in a different way (or else we'd be giving out Low 2-C to nearly every universe buster), Krillin's statement is a stretch but this was a dire situation and there's no reason for them to want to rely on blind luck to save them, and I already explained what's up with the Daikaioshin's statement.

I'm not going to protest if it goes through anyway, though. I just want to make my voice heard.

2 things:

Is there any specific evidence that at least one of the S.D.B.'s were in that galaxy? And when it says the S.D.B's were in danger, did they mean all of them or some?

2 things:

Is there any specific evidence that at least one of the S.D.B.'s were in that galaxy? And when it says the S.D.B's were in danger, did they mean all of them or some?
I don't recall a Super Dragon Ball being in the Milky Way but people can feel free to correct me on this

Is there any specific evidence that at least one of the S.D.B.'s were in that galaxy?
Nothing suggests that any of the SDBs were within the galaxy, but again, when the entire galaxy is on the line, do you think Krillin and the others would be willing to bank it all on chance?
And when it says the S.D.B's were in danger, did they mean all of them or some?
It's almost certainly not all of them, considering some of them should have been in Universe 6 when this was going down. Unless you think they mean every galaxy in the multiverse, which is a huge stretch.
Were all the super dragon balls in danger or some of them or only one?
Read the above.

So if not just one was gonna be destroyed then moro should definitely get 3-A because the super dragon balls are spread around the universe.

So if not just one was gonna be destroyed then moro should definitely get 3-A because the super dragon balls are spread around the universe.
If more than one Super Dragon Ball was going to be destroyed. We don't even know that any of them were going to be destroyed, that was just Krillin's guess. Also, keep in mind that the Super Dragon Balls are spread out throughout both Universe 7 and Universe 6, and no one is arguing that Angel Moro is 2-C.

If more than one Super Dragon Ball was going to be destroyed. We don't even know that any of them were going to be destroyed, that was just Krillin's guess. Also, keep in mind that the Super Dragon Balls are spread out throughout both Universe 7 and Universe 6, and no one is arguing that Angel Moro is 2-C.
This is exactly the thing i wonder from when this threas was created 0.0

Derp has valid points. It's a safer bet to assume they were talking about the galaxy given the context we have.

But if krillin thought the super dragon balls were gonna be destroyed and he didn't know whether one was in the milky way or not, then they must have implied that more than just the milky way was gonna get blown up right? Since the super dragon balls are across U7 and destroying one was enough if 1 was in the milky way then we'd say that it's just the galaxy that was gonna be destroyed, byt if they didn't know 1 was in the milky way then they must mean that multiple galaxies and more likely the universe would be destroyed.

But if krillin thought the super dragon balls were gonna be destroyed and he didn't know whether one was in the milky way or not
He didn't know. But would you have taken a chance to destroy one of the SDB which would have rendered them all inactive? He doesn't know but he doesn't want any of the SDBs to be caught in the destruction in case there was one floating around. So Krillin had a reasonable concern.

He didn't know. But would you have taken a chance to destroy one of the SDB which would have rendered them all inactive? He doesn't know but he doesn't want any of the SDBs to be caught in the destruction in case there was one floating around. So Krillin had a reasonable concern.
yea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back