• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Richard Spender vs Jones (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard has better range and abilities, but Jones seems more skilled. I would give it Richard 6/10, unless Jones is sufficiently stronger.

AP wise they should be roughly on par with each other. Her Invulnerablilty should give him problems though.

Spender - 1

Jones - 0

Edit: Well, that and her billions of years of experience.

Oh shoot, I skimmed this earlier thinking it was Hermione vs. Jones.

Jones can tank anything Spender can dish out, and even if she couldn't her immortality would counter it, however I'd argue Spender scales to a better feat and should be able to survive a good number of attacks, and eventually he'll resort to Spirit Trance and his Shadow Chasms.

So, I think Spender wins this High-Diff.

Spender takes it FRA. He can get around Invulnerability.

Main issue is that Spender's cocky and doesn't open with it. He even let Forge rough him up a bit before resorting it. So, there's a chance Jones will outskill him into submission before he can react with Spirit Trance + Shadow Chasm.

Dargoo Faust said:
Main issue is that Spender's cocky and doesn't open with it. He even let Forge rough him up a bit before resorting it. So, there's a chance Jones will outskill him into submission before he can react with Spirit Trance + Shadow Chasm.
Forge was looking for a good fight too, wasn't he? Jones is deadly effcient in combat. She disarmed James Eglamore and put him in check in way under a second . Hmm, Eglamore vs Spender maybe? Teacher vs Teacher? Might think on that.

Sounds neat.

Main issue is AP. If Jones was comparable to Spender, I'd say yes, but he's pretty far into 9-A by virtue of somewhat scaling to Forge. There's a good chance he'll still be alive after her first couple of attacks, realize he's out of his depth, then go into Spirit Trance.

I mean the only Gunnerkrigg characters who arn't baseline in AP are Annie and Ysengri because Annie scales cause she damaged him and Ysengrin because he was completely undamaged by Eglamore's attack. I want to scale Jones to Ysengrin but the two haven't ever fought on screen.

Quick question Dargoo. Jones has commented before that she has zero connection to the Ether. Do you think that might be signifigant? How likely is Spender to use spirit attacks on something seemingly human?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back