• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-106 vs. Richard Spender (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
One of the only Paranatural vs. SCP Matchups I think could be fair.

Just to get things straight, Richard's EE works if he can manage to catch 106 within a shadow, meaning that it would have to be inside of a pit for it to work.

IDK how verse equalization would work with Spender and 106's intangibility, if 106 could be called a ghost or a spirit (which I think it technically is due to its origin story), he can negate it.

Speed is equalized, this is 9-A for both characters; Base Spender and Base 106.

Richard Spender -

SCP-106 - 6 (Vizorus, Weekly, Phoenix, Cain, Kirby, Dead)

Incon -

Scp 106
SpenderMemes

All of Spender's attack won't be able to hit.

SCP-106 isn't a ghost. It's a human whose spatial connection between each particle is weaken due to an accident.

SCP-106 walks really slow, and with Spender's ability to shine, he can escape SCP-106.

SCP-106 will probably walked into an enclosed space like a building, because his powers would work best in that kind of situation where he could surprised his victim.

It's either SCP-106 catch up after a while, or Inconclusive.

Wouldn't he be able to drag 106 around with Shadow manipulation? Also, he could potentially EE 106 if it moves within a chasm Spender creates.

He can still use light manipulation on non-spirits, which 106 is weak to.

Also, if he decides to use Spirit Trance (Which he doesn't usually start with), he can blitz 106.

Spender blitzing SCP-106 is obvious. SCP-106 is slow and only walks around.

While yes, SCP-106 is weak to light, it's more of a dislike than an allergy. Like "you sleep at 2 AM in the morning and someone wake you up at 7 AM with the sun glaring at you" kind of dislike.

As for the chasm Spender create, you forgot that SCP-106 can enter his pocket dimension to escape before Spender close the chasm.

If Spender's in Spirit trance, it wouldn't be able to react before he closes the chasm, nor would it realize that he could EE it and likely see the need to immediately evacuate. He could also hold 106 in place by its shadow.

It's averted to strong light, which spender can create beams that are strong enough to be used as weapons, so I think its fair to assume that he can chase it away.

Chase it away? Yes. SCP-106 creates a portal to eat Spender's in the back? Also, yes.

Will Spender really use Spirit Trance in the beginning of the battle? I don't know.

Will SCP-106 kill him first or drag Spender to his pocket dimension? Yes, after striking all vital organs.

I don't think 106 would try to get close to a source of light as strong as Spender, at least not before he starts getting his more potent abilities off.

106 needs to phase into a solid object to move around with portals I'm assuming, which it would have a hard time doing if its pinned by its own shadow.

He wouldn't immediately use it, but the moment he sees 106 as a major threat he would likely activate it. That said, he might try and physically strike 106 assuming its a spirit and get himself hurt, but in his fight with Forge he mostly tried kept his distance until he knew he could pin him down.

Just gonna point out that 106 is entirely capable of phasing into the ground and its 100% in character for 106 to go into a portal at the start of an encounter and set a bunch of traps to lure its prey in due to its sadistic nature, and has killed entire squads of MTFs as a result of doing so

And viz is correct, 106 has a strong aversion to light but not a physical weakness to it

Standard Battle Assumptions place the battle in Central Park, New York.

How does it's portals work?

There's still the issue of light manip keeping it at a distance and Spirit Trance blitz later in the fight.

SCP-106 enter something and just dissapear into his dimension.

At least that's what it said. And it can only exit through something that is connected to the point of entry, like wall to ceiling or inner wall to outer wall and etc.

It can make its portals at will just by walking into or touching a solid object and then comes out the other side or enters its pocket dimension

Light manip would keep 106 at a distance and would be an even bigger incentive for 106 to escape with a portal and set traps. Light alone wont beat 106, the only reason its even able to be contained in the first place is because the walls of its cell are too intricate for 106 to be able to phase through.

Ah, so it needs to phase first.

I suppose it's down to Spender keeping 106 at a distance with light manip, but there's a clear argument for it winning with intelligence and traps.

Spender can erase 106 if he manages to get into shadow manip it before it catches him with a portal.

(EDIT): So yeah, I see the arguments for 106 winning, although it'll be with some difficulty, and it can still be erased if Spender manages to catch it and blitz.

Richard Spender -

SCP-106 - 4 (Vizorus, Weekly, Phoenix, Cain)

Richard Spender -

SCP-106 - 5 (Vizorus, Weekly, Phoenix, Cain, Kirby)

Richard Spender -

SCP-106 - 6 (Vizorus, Weekly, Phoenix, Cain, Kirby, Dead)

One more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back