• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 insanely smart anthropomorphic animals go at it! (Twilight Sparkle vs Tails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

both are there peak uni+ (rainbow powered twilight ig vs super tails)
speed is equal

tails: 1

twilight:

inconclusive:

Last edited:
Tbh I'm more unexpected that mine versus threads with characters with not so much hax not getting much attention. That's seriously is something.
Although would try to give opinion.

So, like, are we gonna actually give a real reason for Tails winning, or are we just gonna go "combat experience" with zero elaboration and be done with it?

Hot take, but reasoning as basic and simple as that shouldn't be counted as actual votes. That shit's too vague and tells me jack shit how that's going to give him a clear-cut win.

I don't know either character, but there's no way in hell that this can be added with current reasoning. Especially as "combat experience" makes no sense when both fight magical god-like beings semi regularly.
Finally, someone other than me said it. Why are so many matchups like this?

Last match for reference. Super Tails scales to the same stuff Sonic does.

Based on what I’ve seen Tails should be a lot more skilled close-quarters combat and at least equally as intelligent.

In the last match it was said Twilight will go for Mind hax and BFR, but the Chaos Emeralds grant Resistance to both. Twilight has also Petrification/Sealing but this comes in the form of an energy beam that can be dodged like any other attack.

In the end I think Tails outfights and outlasts with his limitless stamina.

More skilled in qqc how? Again, be specific. We just talked about this.

Right, so I've been looking into the mind hax deal, and the chaos emeralds apparently didn't resist mind hax. The chaos emerald that resisted was a modified emerald by the Voxai themselves called "the great emerald". I don't see why the base emeralds should have planetary mind resistance. They were again, modified as far as I can tell.

And why would he dodge an innocuous energy beam? He's not going to know what it does. I'm also going to be the first to point out that Twilight in this form can insta blast with no warning or charge build-up.

Maybe though I would like to also wait for it as there are I guess counters from @Lightbuster30.

Btw, question to lightbuster on how he see wincons.
Well for one, assuming no one bothers to counter my point about the chaos emeralds or directs me to a thread talking about it, the resistance to mind manipulation is bunk. Twilight does have a passive shield in this state, so that makes it easier to take hits. Oh, and an instant laser she can fire without warning or charge up. So, if she wants to seal his powers, mind control or petrify him, that's gonna be difficult to dodge. You know, no charge or warning.

Also, I think only staff can tag members. It won't work if a normal member does it from what I've heard. Seeing as I only caught your message because I kept checking the thread, I'd say that's true.

More skilled in qqc how? Again, be specific. We just talked about this.
The implications were In hand-to-hand combat. Does Twilight have any experience whatsoever in hand-to-hand?
Right, so I've been looking into the mind hax deal, and the chaos emeralds apparently didn't resist mind hax. The chaos emerald that resisted was a modified emerald by the Voxai themselves called "the great emerald". I don't see why the base emeralds should have planetary mind resistance. They were again, modified as far as I can tell.
You might have a point here, I’ll have to look into this myself to get the specifics. How does Twilight’s mind hax work? If it’s based on a magical energy beam it can be evaded or blocked by Tails’ forcefield (see below).

Edit: Nvm, based on Theuser789’s comment the Resistance is valid.
And why would he dodge an innocuous energy beam? He's not going to know what it does. I'm also going to be the first to point out that Twilight in this form can insta blast with no warning or charge build-up.
Why would he not dodge a beam he doesn’t know the effects of in a combat scenario? Not knowing its effects would be more reason to evade. He’s far from stupid, he’s not gotta stand there and expect the beam to tickle just because it has a rainbow-hue.

Super forms fight by flying around and constantly boosting their speed, so with a mobility-centered fighting style Tails is gonna be likely to dodge.

If he’s hit, Super Tails is covered in a Passive Forcefield just like Twilight so that’s likely to block the beam.
image0.png

Last edited:
It wasn't a modified emerald, that's blatant not what happened in Chronicles, the Voxai Hivemind used a emerald to amp their abilities, calling those "Great Emeralds" by their clan, they were still part of the 7, plus even if we go with the logic that they only resisted it because the Voxai used them, they never lost that, meaning they would have kept those resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back