• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
People are right when saying that we don't account "in-verse" oneshots in vs threads against characters from other verses, it's a rule that's been going on forever due to the willdly different conditions and meanings of one-shot that occur in every different product.

That said, we can Saitama has the AP advantage, maybe even decently higher, but still unquantifiable, while his LS advantage is confirmed.
However, Saitama lacks in basically everything else. Asura is just extremely more skilled, experienced, agile, versatile and resilient, and while true that in this key he has yet to unlock his "true rage", his affinity with Mantra being Wrath naturally makes him empowered by such emotion.
On top of that, Asura's alway been capable of dealing with stronger opponents, although with different degrees of success.

BUT

While in this key Saitama doesn't have the stupidly exponential AD he's shown against Garou, he still can power himself up by a great deal while pushed to his limits, which I admittedly don't know how would apply here, since there's no way to give an exact multiplier.
Asura's not the kind of character who ***** around, especially when being overwhelmed, but at the same time doesn't really have ways to circumvent large AP gaps, aside from his own forms of empowerments, which he lacks in this key, at least in their more notable form ("true rage" and broken AD).
Saitama's LS being aking to passive anchoring also prevents tactics like yeeting him to space, like Asura did to Wyzen.
The true turning point would always be that, Saitama getting utterly dismantled until the point he needs to break his limit, whose result would determine the battle.

In conclusion, Saitama either gets pummeled to death without being able to overcome strengthen himself enough in time, or just outclassess Asura in speed and strength before he can finish the battle. Honestly, by wiki standards I'd say Asura wins due to Saitama's unknown levels of AD, but personally I tend more towards an inconclusive.

People are right when saying that we don't account "in-verse" oneshots in vs threads against characters from other verses, it's a rule that's been going on forever due to the willdly different conditions and meanings of one-shot that occur in every different product.
This is true but when we look at this particular case, the one shots he scales above are pretty clear cut; Saitama literally turned Orochi into goo with a casual punch, Psykorochi after being powered up believed she could beat Saitama and then she got destroyed on a cellular level when Tatsumaki got serious. In-Training Saitama scales above Tatsumaki.

Sure "one-shot varies depending on the verses" but how are these not a one-shot in any other verse?
However, Saitama lacks in basically everything else. Asura is just extremely more skilled, experienced, agile, versatile and resilient, and while true that in this key he has yet to unlock his "true rage", his affinity with Mantra being Wrath naturally makes him empowered by such emotion.
On top of that, Asura's alway been capable of dealing with stronger opponents, although with different degrees of success.
Agreed
While in this key Saitama doesn't have the stupidly exponential AD he's shown against Garou, he still can power himself up by a great deal while pushed to his limits, which I admittedly don't know how would apply here, since there's no way to give an exact multiplier.
Asura's not the kind of character who ***** around, especially when being overwhelmed, but at the same time doesn't really have ways to circumvent large AP gaps, aside from his own forms of empowerments, which he lacks in this key, at least in their more notable form ("true rage" and broken AD).
Saitama's LS being aking to passive anchoring also prevents tactics like yeeting him to space, like Asura did to Wyzen.
The true turning point would always be that, Saitama getting utterly dismantled until the point he needs to break his limit, whose result would determine the battle.

In conclusion, Saitama either gets pummeled to death without being able to overcome strengthen himself enough in time, or just outclassess Asura in speed and strength before he can finish the battle. Honestly, by wiki standards I'd say Asura wins due to Saitama's unknown levels of AD, but personally I tend more towards an inconclusive.
I have to correct something here, Saitama's LS doesn't "anchor" him, he can still be ragdolled around by physical force. What Asura can't do is grapple him because he will be easily overpowered. Bear in mind that in this key Saitama isn't casual and actually fights back.

His AD isn't as ridiculous as his Post-Training key but it's still pretty overpowered, after being thrashed by a boxer monster and pushed to his limits, he stood back up and immediatly one shotted it. He doesn't even seem to need to be pushed to his limits, just by trying really hard to look at the back of his head on a mirror he considerably speed up and (allegedly) reached Relativistic+ speeds. And that's just him trying to do some menial thing, in an actual fight it's fair to assume that he would be powering and speeding up way harder.

I think Saitama should take this, not without getting a sound beating before his AD kicks in though.

This is true but when we look at this particular case, the one shots he scales above are pretty clear cut; Saitama literally turned Orochi into goo with a casual punch, Psykorochi after being powered up believed she could beat Saitama and then she got destroyed on a cellular level when Tatsumaki got serious. In-Training Saitama scales above Tatsumaki.

Sure "one-shot varies depending on the verses" but how are these not a one-shot in any other verse?

I know, but the point is that even the magnitude of power need for a oneshot can vary, even within the same product. A blatant example is DB and its early power levels, when characters would go from oneshotting each other with less than 1/10 difference to keep clashing despite a 2x gap.
Like, in real life you can be oneshot by someone weaker than you with a right strike.

This applies to all of fiction, and when doing vs threads between different products, we need to even out the system and stick to numbers alone. Because of this, we can only say that Saitama scales quite above the first number given, but we can't go as as saying he is 2, 3 or even worse 7.5 times above Asura's value (the latter being the oneshot margin).

I have to correct something here, Saitama's LS doesn't "anchor" him, he can still be ragdolled around by physical force. What Asura can't do is grapple him because he will be easily overpowered. Bear in mind that in this key Saitama isn't casual and actually fights back.
I must admit I forgot the basis, such like Boros yeeting him to the moon, since my last point of reference was Tatsumaki not being able to lift him in the last chapters, but that's just psykokinesis resistance (and also because I had just woken up).
With that, Asura has already pulled out a "Boros" before while throwing Wyzen into the vacuum of space, so he might attempt to do it again, without aiming for the moon.

His AD isn't as ridiculous as his Post-Training key but it's still pretty overpowered, after being thrashed by a boxer monster and pushed to his limits, he stood back up and immediatly one shotted it. He doesn't even seem to need to be pushed to his limits, just by trying really hard to look at the back of his head on a mirror he considerably speed up and (allegedly) reached Relativistic+ speeds. And that's just him trying to do some menial thing, in an actual fight it's fair to assume that he would be powering and speeding up way harder.

I think Saitama should take this, not without getting a sound beating before his AD kicks in though.
I'm aware of the Light Pull Cord guy, and Saitama himself states that his body was being pushed to the limit. The looking at his head feat is still very specific, and while true that Saitama can accomplish things out of sheer will, he lacks applications in combat, since he never just willed himself to be stronger than the opponent before even trying to fight them, and in during-training showings he was always beaten up before.

But as I said, there's no way to tell how strong does Saitama become, and PoaLPC simply isn't as determined and resilient as Asura.

Like, in real life you can be oneshot by someone weaker than you with a right strike.
Unrelated, but i think it's really weird how the wiki considers One-Shotting someone by Knocking them out (wich can be done irl by someone equal to their opponent just by hitting the right spot) being treated exactly the same as One-shotting someone by exploding them into chunks or vaporizing them.

Okay but how-? Explain to me your position.

That said, we can Saitama has the AP advantage, maybe even decently higher, but still unquantifiable, while his LS advantage is confirmed.

BUT

That post tells me that Saitama's ONLY win condition is hoping he doesn't get pummeled to death by Asura whose better in literally everything bar AP. How does this prove your stance.

That post tells me that Saitama's ONLY win condition is hoping he doesn't get pummeled to death by Asura whose better in literally everything bar AP. How does this prove your stance.
AD makes this an unknown conclusion which is inconclusive

Back