• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Any argument that you get serious enough about it to destroy a universe is pretty heated.
2. : /
Ah yes, or or that they are sooo strong that they're destroying universes because of a pity fight
The manga had them close at destroying both universes for eating a cake.....
Their non serious fight, with no intent of destroying the universe, results in putting two universes at jeopardy

Revision of what I said

Goku: Likely 2-C, At least Low 2-C (Stronger than Super Full Power Jiren, who was stated stronger than all of the G.O.Ds)
Possibly 2-C, At least Low 2-C: Gogeta (Can casually beat Broly (link attached) who is comparable to Beerus) Jiren (Potentially stronger than Beerus when supressed, stronger than Full Power.)
I mostly don't care about Gogeta and Jiren getting those ratings but Goku should.

MUI Goku was stated stronger.
When was he stated to be stronger than Jiren?

Jiren was absolutely dogging on Goku at the beginning of the fight, and the only reason Goku got his little string of hits in on him was because of his rage boost after Jiren tried to obliterate his team in the stands and EVEN THEN, Jiren was not even beaten that badly by an enraged Goku, he was just depressed afterward. He instantaneously recovered after Toppo's encouraging words, so it is apparent that he was not whacked up all too severely.

When was he stated to be stronger than Jiren?

Jiren was absolutely dogging on Goku at the beginning of the fight, and the only reason Goku got his little string of hits in on him was because of his rage boost after Jiren tried to obliterate his team in the stands and EVEN THEN, Jiren was not even beaten that badly by an enraged Goku, he was just depressed afterward. He instantaneously recovered after Toppo's encouraging words, so it is apparent that he was not whacked up all too severely.
nah MUI Goku and Limit Break Jiren is roundly equal, MUI Goku have slightly edge but not too much

No. The anime came out first and the Manga is only promotional material, that's why it's the main continuity.
Well, that's wrong on two levels.

The first chapter of the manga came out on June 20th, 2015 and the anime's first episode released July 5th, 2015.

The only chapter of the manga labelled as Promotional for the anime is the first Special chapter.

Beerus scales above Belmont. He blitzed him twice in the god of destruction tournament and almost one shot him a long with other gods. He even stated the arm wrestling match was irrelevant

Also broly is stated to be stronger than jiren in tha manga and he's probably not even beerus level

I was unaware that the manga premiered first, tho that dose explain why the promo message was dropped, as the anime was out there was no need to promo for it

As for your 'offical timeline' it also says it's by Toryama which is...Just wrong, which calls it's validity into question.
It is, actually. Toriyama writes a plot outline, and Toyotaro adds to it. That's a known thing. Even reading the image has it say TORIYAMA makes the story and character designs, while Toyotaro draws.

It is, actually. Toriyama writes a plot outline, and Toyotaro adds to it. That's a known thing. Even reading the image has it say TORIYAMA makes the story and character designs, while Toyotaro draws.
That's the thing, from what we know about the manuscript Toyotaro dosen't just draw, the Manuscript is extremely vage, that's why noone would call the manga Toryama's manga.

Further more, also said in that image is that the manga is currently being serialized in Japan, if this was a translation of a Japanese source that would have no reason to be said, meaning this is likly writen and made in English for English audiences, and as such would have no authority over canon, to give it any legitimatey we'd need to know it's source at the very least.

Last edited:
That's the thing, from what we know about the manuscript Toyotaro dosen't just draw the Manuscript is extremely vage, that's why noone would call the manga Toryama's manga.

Further more, also said in that image is that the manga is currently being serialized in Japan, if this was a translation of a Japanese source that would have no reason to be said, meaning this is likly writen and made in English for English audiences, and as such would have no authority over canon, to give it any legitimatey we'd need to know it's source at the very least.
Again, that's wrong, this is the translation from the TOKYO SKYTREE event and was written in Japanese first and translated for American audiences by Viz later. Hermes even explains the translation on Twitter. Not only is it FROM VIZ AND BIRD STUDIOS, but the literal name of the event is also "The official history of Dragon Ball." (Seishi no Dragon Ball).

Again, that's wrong, this is the translation from the TOKYO SKYTREE event and was written in Japanese first and translated for American audiences by Viz later. Hermes even explains the translation on Twitter. Not only is it FROM VIZ AND BIRD STUDIOS, but the literal name of the event is also "The official history of Dragon Ball." (Seishi no Dragon Ball).
I don't really see how anything I said was wrong, you hadn't said what the source was which is really something you should have opened with well linking it, either way if this is such an old image hearms translated I'm sure it was discussed long ago back then when the manga and anime were first coming out and dismissed for one reason or another, such as the manga still being canon to itself, the manga still being a canon and all those fun ways you can use the word canon

Either way, this topic isn't really, horrible relevant to this thread- I feel like it's gotten fairy far off from it's orginal topic, let's stop derailing for a minute and ask where's the actual discussion at?

Last edited:
Beerus scales above Belmont. He blitzed him twice in the god of destruction tournament and almost one shot him a long with other gods. He even stated the arm wrestling match was irrelevant

Also broly is stated to be stronger than jiren in tha manga and he's probably not even beerus level
The first part is exclusive to the manga.
The second part is just wrong.

Hello, What's the difference between possibly 2-C and likely 2-C? MUI goku, hidden power jiren and blue gogeta all get the 2-C tier but I wanna know what's the difference between likely and possibly because I also think sign 3 goku and jiren should get it as well.
Hello, Broly totally scales above beerus because goku said he did, and goku would know Beerus' full power because whis literally told him in the video I linked in the original post and he's already fought stronger.
MUI goku, hidden power jiren and blue gogeta all get the 2-C tier but I wanna know what's the di

Hello, What's the difference between possibly 2-C and likely 2-C? MUI goku, hidden power jiren and blue gogeta all get the 2-C tier but I wanna know what's the difference between likely and possibly because I also think sign 3 goku and jiren should get it as well.
Hello, Broly totally scales above beerus because goku said he did, and goku would know Beerus' full power because whis literally told him in the video I linked in the original post and he's already fought stronger.
MUI goku, hidden power jiren and blue gogeta all get the 2-C tier but I wanna know what's the di
MUI Goku and Limit Break Jiren will not get 2-C, only Gogeta can get possibly 2-C

What's the difference between possibly 2-C and likely 2-C?
Quoting directly from the Attack Potency page:
Likely
Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favourable. This term should be used sparingly.

Possibly
Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly.
Broly totally scales above beerus because goku said he did
Mmm, no, that’s not what Goku said. Goku said he’s “probably” above Beerus, he didn’t say that he’s 100%, without a shadow of a doubt above Beerus.

Likely and possibly are the same thing, except likely is in favor of the possibility being true, and possibly is not in favor of the possibility of it being true. Think of likely as a 50% to 100% chance of it being true, and possibly as a 0% to 50% chance of it being true. Although, the likely and possibly rating is not necessary in this case. The at least rating is already there, which notes the lower cap of an uncertain rating, while the higher cap could be a higher tier

The characters are without a doubt incredibly close to 2-C, maybe they actually are 2-C, but the at least rating is already there. Even with a crazy scaling chain, Low 2-C is still the lower cap, and we don’t know exactly how much stronger they’ve gotten, even though it may seem like a x2 increase is downplay. If you didn’t already know, this wiki plays it incredibly safe. Even though it does make sense to most people, the wiki’s standards are high, and need enough proof to go through tier changing

The characters are without a doubt incredibly close to 2-C, maybe they actually are 2-C, but the at least rating is already there. Even with a crazy scaling chain, Low 2-C is still the lower cap, and we don’t know exactly how much stronger they’ve gotten, even though it may seem like a x2 increase is downplay. If you didn’t already know, this wiki plays it incredibly safe. Even though it does make sense to most people, the wiki’s standards are high, and need enough proof to go through tier changing
His page says he knows kioken and can stack it with blue- which is an accepted multipler, he's never used kioken blue, but if he dosen't have a rating for using it the profile shouldn't say he can

Gogeta can only scale to Broly who have statement from Goku as: probably stronger than Beerus, but even us never saw Beerus max power until now, Goku by no mean could truly know, that why at best Gogeta only possibly 2-C

Full power Jiren is unknown, he probably stronger than GoDs but by unknown amount of power gap, so MUI Goku despite stomp him scale to an unknown amount of power gap so no 2-C for both of them

Then I guess the best thing to do is to give UI goku, Jiren hidden power, blue gogeta "likely 2-C" and IMO give sign 3 goku and full power jiren "possibly 2-C".
MUI Goku and Limit Break Jiren will not get 2-C, only Gogeta can get possibly 2-C
Lmao what? Goku stomped a character even stronger than the one gogeta stomped.
Mmm, no, that’s not what Goku said. Goku said he’s “probably” above Beerus, he didn’t say that he’s 100%, without a shadow of a doubt above Beerus.
Well okay but goku seemed pretty confident about it and I already showed why goku being wrong was very unlikely.

Then I guess the best thing to do is to give UI goku, Jiren hidden power, blue gogeta "likely 2-C" and IMO give sign 3 goku and full power jiren "possibly 2-C".

Lmao what? Goku stomped a character even stronger than the one gogeta stomped.
No he not, the timeframe between ToP and Broly Saga allow both Goku and Vegeta to train, they are unknown amount of power stronger than their ToP self, so you can't scale Broly to Jiren and said Jiren are stronger

No he not, the timeframe between ToP and Broly Saga allow both Goku and Vegeta to train, they are unknown amount of power stronger than their ToP self, so you can't scale Broly to Jiren and said Jiren are stronger
is it really that bad to assume they got 2x stronger than before?

His page says he knows kioken and can stack it with blue- which is an accepted multipler, he's never used kioken blue, but if he dosen't have a rating for using it the profile shouldn't say he ca
SSJB isn’t At least Low 2-C, it just has a regular Low 2-C rating. If SSJB became At least Low 2-C, then a kaiōken stacked on top of it would be accepted as 2-C
Gogeta can only scale to Broly who have statement from Goku as: probably stronger than Beerus, but even us never saw Beerus max power until now, Goku by no mean could truly know, that why at best Gogeta only possibly 2-C
We don’t know exactly how much more powerful Broly is compared to Beerus, so it’s still At least Low 2-C
Well okay but goku seemed pretty confident about it and I already showed why goku being wrong was very unlikely
Seeming “pretty” confident isn’t enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back