• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-B Rick Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is very much a possibility, but it wouldn't seem to be the more likely.

The things going in favor of the device making the timelines are the device "splitting" "a moment in time" "into [Morty's] probable selves" and all the images of those dimensions coming from the image of Morty's dimension in Rick's illustrated showing, and the things going against are how the dimensions are only near duplicates with the only thing being 100% the same being the Mortys, so it could be that the device just found the dimensions by way of "splitting" into what Morty was going on the multiverse, and that the images weren't multiplying but finding a match (as in the timeline wasn't multiplying, only the literal image of Morty there was, and those went with their match). This would all fit with how Morty faced a Rick that wasn't even his Rick, but that only "fits" into the idea, not proving anything, it can be that the device makes dimensions not 100% the same minus what the user does because reasons.

So what do you think that we should do here?

2-C is good for me for creating this realities and likely/possibly the same for merging them.

Also this is creation and environmental destruction [each], not the same as him attacking someone that hard with the same tier, and he used a time-related thing for it, so we could add 1 of his 3-A feats too as they're solid sheer destruction. Should the tier 5 and 4 stuff stay?
His prep should go "up to 3-A with 2-C Creation and likely/possibly Environmental Destruction"

This can go as 3-A.

That is one interpretation and your conclusion on the matter, him not wasting their home can mean that the merging didn't happen because it would ruin their home and that he used the reality where they are to do the job instead, hence he already at least knows Johnny Carson is still alive & on air, 9-11 never happened, etc., things that will make him miss the place and that he should not know as he claimed to have just created it.
Okay so it isn't really a case of "A gag like it would be something too ridiculous to be taken as factual, this is Rick explaining he lied. Simple as that.", it's a case of "You are adding extra words to what Rick said and so am I so here is contextual evidence"

Arguments for Rick actually using the device:
1)The largest piece of context for what Rick actually meant is Morty's response. From your perspective all the Mortys died in another reality and while Morty was sent into a state of extreme panic just 2 minutes before he apparently no longer cares. This makes no sense for him in character.
The counterargument of "Morty has a weird sense of empathy" does not work as for Morty to act sociopathic he usually encounters a traumatic situation relevant to the focal point of the episode (maybe not in the comics, but those aren't done by the writers of the show) or is faced with no other option. The events Morty receives after making his decision to fuse realities (which are going in the vat of acid and accidentally shooting a Swat officer as a gag, the former only provoking moderate annoyance with the latter being very much forgotten about by the plot) do not resemble anything close to the frequently used plotline where Morty initially cares and then stops caring because his ideals have either been turned on their head or he's already put too much effort in despite there being something else to do. If your interpretation was reasonable then I imagine a lot more Rick and Morty fans would incessantly go on about Morty killing hundreds of versions of himself, categorising it as one of the many crimes the Smith family have committed. Furthermore, it's not just Morty's lack of care that would be noted as out of character, it's the lack of response entirely; upon being tricked by Rick it would be incredibly strange for even a dejected Morty to not really be express a confused or pissed off attitude whatsoever.

2) Arguments that can only be pursued upon Eficiente's answer to the question: "At what point in the episode was Morty brought to this supposed strange reality?"

3)The opposing argument really just adds extra words onto what Rick said and at a fundamental level isn't intuitive. If we are told a character takes environmental precautions to prevent a weapon from causing harm to something they care about our base instinct would be to say that the environment was supposed to contain said damage not pretend there was damage when in actual reality it wasn't. For instance the tournament of power was supposed to entertain Zeno by creating a large showdown between different universes and the environment was selected to contain the devastation inevitably caused in the pursuit of this objective. We don't just say "Ah yes but the environment was specifically selected and it would be easier for the angels to just make it look like Goku was using UI, Toppo shook the world of void, etc etc to give Zeno more entertainment". Just because someone lies about the environment being different in the first place doesn't change that if their motives for hiding it don't have to be related to the weapon's actual inability. An interpretation to the contrary of this point should be backed up without any reasonable doubt suggesting otherwise. So let's look at the arguments provided.

Arguments for Rick using a fake reality to give the illusion of the merging:

Rick knew 3 things about the reality he travelled to
This doesn't even work as anything remotely special as if Rick spent any notable period of time (say, a day) in the reality then he would be receptive to his information (I mean he literally said that he'd "miss" these things, as if they were daily conveniences he bumped into) and Rick is already privy to this type of information whenever he makes a routine check of a reality ("The Ricks must be crazy" has him going to a reality just to watch a movie and he possesses a similar bank of information on it).

Either way it actually wouldn't mean anything when it came to indexing because both interpretations would be alternatives to just fusing alternate timelines to his own reality, so he should be capable regardless.

Also since the split creates 5/6 realities and Morty abused the device to the level of using it to get every cheesepuff in a large bag into his mouth I'm inclined to go with "2-C, possibly/likely 2-B" when it comes to the environmental destruction/ hax.

Just while I'm here and not being listened to about anything else

If this goes through Rick should probably get his Supergenius intelligence rating back. He seems to fit the description again (I cant ever remember why he was downgraded tbh), but he seems to have built this tech in what looked like less than a full night.

I find Tago238's logic as at times flawed and dishonest. It's not adding extra words to what Rick said but other logical conclusion to what he said.

1) I didn't think I needed to express it but it's not just 100% about Morty as a character not caring but the humor of the show making characters act and react in beyond absurd ways to situations because it's funny. That part isn't what sticks of their characters for everyone but it can always happen for them. Not caring about what they do in comics because it's not the same writer is inapplicable nickpicking as it is canon, it simply favors you to conclude that and that's why you did. Even in this ep. Morty killed some people at the start, killed himself many times over just because he could load back in time to survive anyway and didn't care at all to kill some person at the end, likewise Rick just saying "feels like that guy had some other stuff going on" casually isn't a regular way to act to what he saw, that's the kind of BS the show does and so Morty just focusing on the food part of what Rick said is also funny. The point of all of it is that "it can happen", not that it it did, if you don't even agree with that then good for you.

2) Self-evident. When it cuts to Rick & Morty there. The machine wouldn't have done what Rick said (it didn't anyway) but that. Idk what even is this question.

3) He lied and it was a prank thereby he didn't say the true, it's not too hard. The rest is you making a false equivalence to show and you yourself believe your take has more volume, you should use the evidence we have as it is, not with warped logic. Rick didn't take environmental precautions to prevent a weapon from causing harm to something, he didn't do what he said he did, see a difference? He therefore didn't contain said damage in the environment, he lied about who knows how much stuff, which can very much include the damage he dismissed to not have caused to exist.

Rick knew at least 3 things about the reality because that's what he got to say about it, it could have been more given how he will miss the place, and this sentimentality in turn could show a prior experience with it. Rick didn't necessarily travelled to the reality as said before, he could have created himself at many points in the episode.

Rick wasn't there a day, he just got there via what he did to Morty, meaning that he shouldn't know this stuff.

2-C, possibly/likely 2-B for the merging is good, but the merging itself should still go as possibly/likely, I'll do the wording.

Last edited:
If this goes through Rick should probably get his Supergenius intelligence rating back. He seems to fit the description again (I cant ever remember why he was downgraded tbh), but he seems to have built this tech in what looked like less than a full night.
Easily creating customised timelines seems good enough to qualify, if I haven't misunderstood the context.

1) I will say that in R and M characters either having exaggerated or completely apathetic reactions is pretty common, sure. however, as you said, this is for the sake of comedy and very rarely is it subtle when it comes to whether or not the Smith family are being shit. If they wanted to make a joke about Morty caring one moment and suddenly deciding a second later he's too tired to respond appropriately they would have made it clear all the Mortys are still dead and to still have Morty respond casually to ice cream flavour changes. Also this is specifically a conversation in regards to character writing and the intention of showrunners so material written by a different person who authors an alternate universe version of the character in question is very much something I can point out as being faulty evidence. Also I don't think you responded to the fact that Morty would usually get annoyed or confused by Rick tricking him. I shall conclude my comment with passive aggressive, snide, superior, abrasive language, not even for the purposes of bad faith rhetoric but just for the purposes of being insulting.

2) Not self evident as Morty literally sleeps part way at the beginning of the episode while Rick was planning, this would be a very good opportunity. Either way I don't see it working as in this case Rick pretty clearly refers to the reality as something he missed, and therefore spent some amount of time in it. Before you go into your argument about how Rick "miss"ing the reality actually falls under your interpretation as it shows he knew about it let's recap what the definition of the word "miss" is (according to the OED):
'notice the loss or absence of.
"he's rich—he won't miss the money"
Similar:
notice the absence of
find missing
feel regret or sadness at no longer being able to enjoy the presence of.
"she misses all her old friends"
feel regret or sadness at no longer being able to go to, do, or have.

"I still miss France and I wish I could go back"'
so yeah, the definition of a 4 letter word dictates that miss is not in fact "liking the concept of something and proceeding to feel remorse at the aforementioned concept being ruined in some meaningful capacity". Also saying that he might have had prior experience doesn't work because he wouldn't have just had that reality prepared weeks in advance for a response to a random thing Morty said to piss him off the night before.

I shall conclude my comment with passive aggressive, snide, superior, abrasive language, not even for the purposes of bad faith rhetoric but just for the purposes of being insulting (although to be fair I've already done that in this point anyway).

3) Lmao this is pathetic. "Rick didn't take environmental precautions to prevent a weapon from causing harm to something, he didn't do what he said he did, see a difference? He therefore didn't contain said damage in the environment, he lied about who knows how much stuff, which can very much include the damage he dismissed to not have caused to exist." I really thought you might actually, like, not get into a circular logic debate because you read my comment the worst possible way. It's not false equivalence to say that if a fictional character is shown/ stated to change the environment so as to not cause unnecessary destruction in the use of a weapon whose relative utility is presentation, or in this case less physical damage, we would intuitively say that the weapon was being used instead of just the environment being chosen to give the illusion of the weapon working and that furthermore, this intuition shouldn't change just because the flow of this information is backwards. Maybe the TOP equalisation was a bit inaccurate to the actual statements and information provided in the anime/ manga. One thing of note is that Rick never actually lies, the scene isn't presented as a "Rick was lying" scene, he just never told Morty that he changed environments. To conclude, the idea that "he knows one thing we didn't know, therefore he must know all the things and we must know nothing of the things" sounds fairly bad when I phrase it like that, just because an assumption we made about a series of events is wrong doesn't mean that everything we know about said series of events should be disregarded. To actually conclude I shall commence passive aggressive, snide, superior, abrasive language, not even for the purposes of bad faith rhetoric but just for the purposes of being insulting.

4) "Rick knew at least 3 things about the reality because that's what he got to say about it, it could have been more given how he will miss the place, and this sentimentality in turn could show a prior experience with it. Rick didn't necessarily travelled to the reality as said before, he could have created himself at many points in the episode." You know to refer to my points in 2) for this. I shall conclude my comment with passive aggressive, snide, superior, abrasive language, not even for the purposes of bad faith rhetoric but just for the purposes of being insulting that in actuality probably is just bad faith argumentation to show Antvasima to present the opposition as someone who shouldn't be debated with (spewing something along the lines of "Because I don't think they would believe what you do, which I see as basic and wrong, so with what I had to say having been said and that having done nothing I see no point in having to pretty much saying the same as a reply. So this I see as more productive.") so I can have my way in the CRT without debating and at worst having to come to a shitty compromise.

"2-C, possibly/likely 2-B for the merging is good, but the merging itself should still go as possibly/likely, I'll do the wording."
Is your great expertise needed to write "possibly/likely 2-C, possibly/likely 2-B" or is there more finesse required in spite of the limited vocabulary tolerated in tiering sections?

Last edited:
@Ant Like i've said, personally I cant fully remember the reasoning behind his downgrade intelligence-wise, I was around for the thread but did not contribute much.

But if him creating/merging universes and such is enough for a Supergenius rating, it may also be worth noting that he had a device powering his car which contained an infinite universe inside.

Creating customised universes and merging them together seems advanced and powerful enough for a Supergenius tier combined with the sheer variety of his other reality-warping gadgets, yes.

I feel like you just like talking.
I wanted to add bad jokes because after writing the comment I felt like it was too hostile and that hostility would make you opt for the same kind of vapid, pathetic insults you formed at the start of this thread instead of actually debating, a position that somehow Antvasima agrees with. Hm.

Sorry. I was just not in the mood for reading long posts at the time. I have removed my thumbs up for Eficiente's post.

That said, you used a too hostile tone in your post, yes.

I meant the meaning of what I said before without a "I want to make you feel bad" part in it, it wasn't just an vapid, pathetic insult, I literally judged something that should I have deconstructed by details it would lose all tact, be a waste and be seen as more of an insult simply due to being more words. At the start of this thread I simply expressed how some arguments didn't make sense.

There is no point in contributing to a CRT if you are not going to address all views or arguments, whether you think it is wrong or not. CRTs are made for discussion.
You blatantly stated that you are not going to address points because you think they are wrong, so you would rather gather staff because you thought "They will disagree with the point" essentially trying to wash out any arguments with numbers.

You then completely ignored the other posts I made, without even acknowledging that they even existed, only commenting on others posts in the thread.

You didn't "express how some arguments didn't make sense", you just said they don't, and said no more about it, expecting everyone to somehow agree.

But I'm not about to input on a thread if I'm being blatantly ignored. I was willing to discuss both sides of the argument like a CRT should. But it seems nothing I say is gonna have an impact here anyway. Even though a lot of what I said is similar to what's being applied...

I'm not gonna throw any pointless insults or whatever because I'm not like that, I have respect for every member here even if our views are different, but I'm not stupid enough to pursue a thread that I'm being ignored in for no reason whatsoever.

1) I will say that in R and M characters either having exaggerated or completely apathetic reactions is pretty common, sure. however, as you said, this is for the sake of comedy and very rarely is it subtle when it comes to whether or not the Smith family are being shit. If they wanted to make a joke about Morty caring one moment and suddenly deciding a second later he's too tired to respond appropriately they would have made it clear all the Mortys are still dead and to still have Morty respond casually to ice cream flavour changes. Also this is specifically a conversation in regards to character writing and the intention of showrunners so material written by a different person who authors an alternate universe version of the character in question is very much something I can point out as being faulty evidence. Also I don't think you responded to the fact that Morty would usually get annoyed or confused by Rick tricking him. I shall conclude my comment with passive aggressive, snide, superior, abrasive language, not even for the purposes of bad faith rhetoric but just for the purposes of being insulting.
I already said it but it counts as long as "it can happen", which is beyond vague, then it counts. I don't see the point in all this.
2) Not self evident as Morty literally sleeps part way at the beginning of the episode while Rick was planning, this would be a very good opportunity.
I have no idea why you point this out. You asked at what point was Morty brought to this reality, I replied at the only moment where he could have and now you talk about the beginning of the episode? It doesn't make any sense and I have no idea what you're talking about.
Either way I don't see it working as in this case Rick pretty clearly refers to the reality as something he missed, and therefore spent some amount of time in it. Before you go into your argument about how Rick "miss"ing the reality actually falls under your interpretation as it shows he knew about it let's recap what the definition of the word "miss" is (according to the OED):
'notice the loss or absence of.
"he's rich—he won't miss the money"
Similar:
notice the absence of
find missing
feel regret or sadness at no longer being able to enjoy the presence of.
"she misses all her old friends"
feel regret or sadness at no longer being able to go to, do, or have.

"I still miss France and I wish I could go back"'
so yeah, the definition of a 4 letter word dictates that miss is not in fact "liking the concept of something and proceeding to feel remorse at the aforementioned concept being ruined in some meaningful capacity". Also saying that he might have had prior experience doesn't work because he wouldn't have just had that reality prepared weeks in advance for a response to a random thing Morty said to piss him off the night before.
Pointing out the meaning of the word was beyond unnecessary as it wasn't misused. You are the one saying that Rick would have made it " weeks in advance", he could have have it, again, at many points on the same episode, the complexity of this being even less messed up that what he's already doing for a prank.

Points 3 and 4 are not worth replying, nor is the last bit of the comment.

There is no point in contributing to a CRT if you are not going to address all views or arguments, whether you think it is wrong or not. CRTs are made for discussion.
Do common users say this to each other somewhere outside the wiki? That is a very clear tactic many used on disastrous results, it leads to certain users to keep talking beyond what they have to say and anyone to want to comment on threads even if they maybe shouldn't, and then they might make drama out of others not replying or being called out for just about anything, as that in turn needs to be acknowledged.

Imagine it was a rule.
You blatantly stated that you are not going to address points because you think they are wrong, so you would rather gather staff because you thought "They will disagree with the point" essentially trying to wash out any arguments with numbers.
Staff aren't a number that will be in my favor, they're the most reliable opinions that could judge the matter and they can totally disagree with me. I know that at least with them the talking should have a level of professionalism I feel many times better dealing with, and it takes me much less time doing so too. It was also not because I took what they said as wrong but because of how wrong I took it, there is a difference.
You didn't "express how some arguments didn't make sense", you just said they don't, and said no more about it, expecting everyone to somehow agree.
Not the intent. Those arguments were above, what I said was there are brief.

@KieranH10

I seldom have the time to read everything in discussion threads. What do you think should be done here and why?

Last edited:
This thread has already been discussed and agreement seems to have been made. It's not the outcome of the thread I had a problem with, rather the blatant, unnecessary lack of acknowledgement of valid, reasonable points that I addressed. Even if they saw my point as wrong, they showed enough respect to other members to at least try and communicate and debunk their arguments.
I showed respect to everyone in this thread, even gathering other staff members because Eficiente said he was more comfortable talking with them, but later in the thread he begins speaking with regular members, yet still my points were ignored for no reason.

But in the end I'm fine with the conclusion of the thread, just not how the thread itself was handled. I'm not here to make any trouble so I'm fine just dropping it and moving on.

Last edited:
You mean Phoenix Person. Yes I did notice it is his best feat physically. You can request it in general or to someone, that last part of the fight should be on youtube or if needed to you can ask me to download the ep., cut tha bit and put it on Imgur.

KieranH10:

Okay. Thank you for trying to be mature and reasonable, and my apologies that I couldn't help out more.

Anyway, what are the conclusions that you have reached here, regarding what should be done?

"I meant the meaning of what I said before without a "I want to make you feel bad" part in it, it wasn't just an vapid, pathetic insult, I literally judged something that should I have deconstructed by details it would lose all tact, be a waste and be seen as more of an insult simply due to being more words. At the start of this thread I simply expressed how some arguments didn't make sense."
From my experience gained so far I wouldn't exactly be confident on the competence of this deconstruction. I'd prefer if you responded to my arguments so I could respond back, even if your response would lack tact and come off as insulting. I wouldn't care particularly even though I said the, as you put it, "I want to make you feel bad" part as a clear satire of passive aggressive attacks on the opponent's character/ rationality you (and I) make after being put under the belief that our point has been proven, that was hardly an expression of a deep desire provoked by this conversation to annihilate one's own eyeballs with a chainsaw. I just want you to respond instead of communicating that you want a thread to be unapproved without arguing the OP of the thread because you are simply that much more logical.

"It was also not because I took what they said as wrong but because of how wrong I took it, there is a difference."
They literally made the same arguments. Your arguments would be valid if Kieran was some well known problem user spouting their idiotic rhetoric any people with half a braincell can see through, but as it stands that is not the case even by your own logic of trusting staff.

"Not the intent. Those arguments were above, what I said was there are brief."
This is why I added the "I want to make you feel bad" thing, especially at the end. You seem to believe you can state arguments whilst using your superior rank and passive aggressive rhetoric to convince others to side with you no matter if the opposition refutes your arguments or not. This should not be considered tolerable behaviour for staff.

"I already said it but it counts as long as "it can happen", which is beyond vague, then it counts. I don't see the point in all this."
Are you trying to say that seemingly out of character actions can be justified with the show regularly making characters have dumb reactions to things for comedy, so since they could engage in this flippant behaviour your interpretation isn't refuted? Except my comment was very clearly pointing out that Morty's reaction was not comedic and therefore invalidates the grounds where their exaggerations are as such.

"I have no idea why you point this out. You asked at what point was Morty brought to this reality, I replied at the only moment where he could have and now you talk about the beginning of the episode? It doesn't make any sense and I have no idea what you're talking about."
I'm saying that an alternate answer to my question would have been Rick sending Morty into that reality at the beginning of the episode (that's flawed for an obvious reason but so is the other option to me, so), this was a response to "Idk what even is this question." and "self evident" hence me saying "Not self evident because".

"Pointing out the meaning of the word was beyond unnecessary as it wasn't misused. You are the one saying that Rick would have made it " weeks in advance", he could have have it, again, at many points on the same episode, the complexity of this being even less messed up that what he's already doing for a prank."

The way you are phrasing this is like a response point 4, which kind of prevents it from being a coherent response to point 2 but I'll try. I was addressing the two arguments that would be had in response to what Rick "miss"ing the reality could be, 1) would be that he had only found out about the universe and liked it which was why he missed it or 2) by "prior" experience you meant that Rick knew about it for a while and would have had time to be in it then. 1) doesn't work because Rick liking the concept of something he just found out about which he didn't directly interact with until he ruined it would not fall under the definition of "miss" 2) has an obvious problem, so much so that pointing it out seemed like strawmanning but really I just wanted to cut ahead a bit to make sure that argument couldn't be squeezed in a future post of yours without it sounding ridiculous, perhaps I was overstepping dramatically.

Anyway, as it stands your idea seems to be that "Rick customised the universe himself, at multiple points in the episode popped into and out of it (likely as Morty was
resetting) and travelled to whatever timeline Morty was in right as Morty entered the garage (which would also obviously involve switching minds with the Rick in that timeline) only to literally have a joke being his surprised disgust at Morty (for pissing off the elderly abuse foundation or whatever)"
Now does this seem like a reasonable interpretation of the events of the episode to you that definitely doesn't put extra words into Rick's mouth when he says about a dozen words of dialogue?
Correct me if this is inaccurate to your version of the events in any way of course, state what is wrong clearly and why it is.

"Points 3 and 4 are not worth replying, nor is the last bit of the comment."
Point 4 comes into arguments related to point 2 as I said before so I'm not bothered and "the last bit of the comment" was just mockery so I am equally uncaring. However disregarding point 3 is unacceptable, I am the maker of this thread, you are an opponent to the conclusions of it (initially wishing to rescind the thread altogether)and these are important arguments of mine. You will respond to them or else your position as an opponent is rendered null.

Anyway I'm fine with giving Rick the agreed upon powers as well as likely fusionism and causality manipulation as well as 2-C, likely 2-B environmental destruction/hax. If we decide to opt for ambiguity it should probably involve having a note at the bottom of the profile.

I'm at a lost on most of that last comment but seeing how it ends then sure, something like it. Causality Manip seems already covered on how the timeline ended up by the Fusionism of the other timelines, like if you fuse 2 characters with different powers and the result ends up using parts of both powers in an organized way then the way that happened most likely wasn't cotrolled beyond the fusion of the characters, just some example.

Coming into a thread and aggressively disagreeing without providing any substantial reasoning is a staple for Eficiente, I've noticed.
He can be very insightful when he tries though.

From my skim I'd say I agree with Tago and Ultima, and agree very strongly with Supergenius. Rick is a good example of the term.

That portrayal of what I did is imprecise, I came, actually argued, then didn't do so with the reasons for it not being none but the reasons I already gave before, which I saw no point of in going over again. I simultaneously asked for staff, then got asked the why of it and lost some tact explaining it, and then I kept arguing anyway. I didn't reply to everyone and everything but then this isn't the first time I'm all the people in my side and deemed some things to better to go over them for the best or lack of time. With better reception and activity from staff I could have replied to more stuff and things would have gotten way smoother.

I'm at a lost on most of that last comment but seeing how it ends then sure, something like it. Causality Manip seems already covered on how the timeline ended up by the Fusionism of the other timelines, like if you fuse 2 characters with different powers and the result ends up using parts of both powers in an organized way then the way that happened most likely wasn't cotrolled beyond the fusion of the characters, just some example.
I mean if a technique allows for you to gain what is basically a new power that new power is indexed, in this case it's more that fusionism is the mechanism which I'd say deserved equal presentation with what the power actually does. Causality Manipulation via Fusionism sounds fine to me and it's ultimately more informative.

Also aye my post was a dumb troll.

Honestly, agreeing with Efficient here.

Also, watch the passive agressive insults. Demanding that someone address every single argument as if that's a rule and saying "I think you just like talking" aren't helping anything.

Why do you agree with Eficiente and what position are you agreeing with, the older one he is using the same arguments for or the new one?

Also I outright said he didn't need to address every argument, I said he needed to address one which I felt was necessary (firstly because it was moderately important and secondly because his previous response to it painted it incorrectly and I was annoyed that he would leave it on that note).

I'm agreeing with him because I think his arguments make more sense. Sometimes, that's all the reason needed. Hell, that's the reason FRA votes exist.

His newer 2-C, possibly 2-B arguments, more specifically, as it seems like the best way to compromise with Rick's notorious unreliability.

That portrayal of what I did is imprecise, I came, actually argued
You misunderstand me friend, I actually find it quite funny and endearing. You almost always proceed to be very insightful when questioned.
It was about 11pm and I hadn't slept the night before when I wrote that, apologies for misinterpreting myself.

I also think 2-C, possibly 2-B Environmental Destruction from the merging makes sense and agree with Eficiente's recent posts.

@Tago238 The other user said that every argument needed to necessarily be answered in a CRT, that part likely was addressed at him.

@FinePoint Ok. And thanks.

So...how about like this:

"His inventions and technology Varies from 10-C to 3-A (While watching interdimensional cable, he annotated a universe he didn't like to "nuke it later", claiming that the reality "doesn't deserve to exist". An alternative version of him comparable in this regard modified a toaster that, when tampered with, could overload and burn a fictional universe while inside/part of it, later being shown that, when crosslinked to a bomb a future Jerry had, the toaster had its feedback wipe out a "whole galaxy and then some", with "everything else" probably getting fried by the concussive wave of energy it creates; The destruction the toaster did in that fictional universe potentially applies to what it can do in reality) with 2-C Creation (Created a device that with one button targets the current moment in time, splits it into many other paused probable dimensions, and with other button sends the target into 1 of the now unpaused probable dimensions) and likely 2-C to 2-B Environmental Destruction (Seemingly merged all the probable dimensions created into 1, as he claimed he did, with both buttons of the device having been used dozens of times. However, this was a prank Rick did and he already knew several things of the supposedly new timeline, which can indicate he didn't merge the dimensions and instead created a timeline fitting to what he wanted, or that he sent himself and Morty into a universe with a mix of the activities Morty would later do with the device, which he had recorded)"

Looking back on everything without a sense of annoyance targeted at Eficiente I’d say that there are probably numerous interpretations of what Rick was doing instead of merging the timelines, even if the merging was most likely and as such it probably wasn’t just a single improbable possibility vs a much more probable one.

What interpretation would you suggest instead then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back