• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: The Infinite Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
These marvel upgrades are taking a strain on my mental health.

Edge of the Universe​

But, it should be noted that it is very likely that The Marvel Universe has an edge even with being infinite
  1. Meanwhile, countless light years away on the edge of infinity" | Two-In-One comic - Annual 2
  2. To the very edge of the timeless infinity ” | Thor (1966) #143
  3. In the twilight area of the edges of infinity" | Marvel Masterworks Doctor Strange #1
This establishes a clear “Edge" to the Infinite universe
Of course, this doesn't debunk it, it just means that whatever form of logic you think an Infinite structure should abide by probably doesn't apply to The marvel comics' universe
As that it very clearly accepts Infinities to have an edge.

I just thought it this would be necessary to bring this up before mfs do that DBS shit on here

Marvel doesn't have that much statements about its size, but when it does, its usually treated as an Infinitely sized structure

This obviously upgrades The Marvel Universe from: whatever finite size we accept it as ---> infinitely sized
Also upgrading structures comparable in size to the 616 universe, to infinite size.

Last edited:
A lot of the scans seem to be Blogspot-based stuff. I'd suggest putting all these scans on imgur first, naming them there and then naming the issue and source for your scans on here as well.

Oh yeah, I think I get the problem now.

REPLACE STATIC WITH VIGNETTE ON YOUR LINKS.

But still, add the links to imgur. Much easier that way.

If this gets accepted, 3-C heralds might need to be altered.
The galaxy-destruction feats remain very useful blatantly explicit gauges of power, so we should preferably keep them. Plenty of the characters currently accepted as being given 3-C rating have been treated very generously enough as it is.

Given the sheer intensity of the tide of ongoing pushing and demands that I have had to deal with recently after Impress and Confluctor left also give me the impression that several of you will never get satisfied no matter how extreme upgrades that I accept, regardless how unreliable the tiering turns.

Figuratively speaking, there is almost a relentless dedication to eventually reach tier negative infinity for even Captain America and Spider-Man, as anything less is deemed unacceptable, truthfulness, accuracy, and common sense be damned.

Anyway, the Marvel universe has sometimes been treated as infinite and sometimes as finite, depending on the story, and most recently, in Dan Slott's Reckoning War event, it was definitely treated as finite, and was stated to be a tenth as large as it used to be until just recently, but if we are going to rate it as infinite, we definitely cannot rely on hyperbole or flowery speech, only considerably more matter of fact reliable statements by scientists or cosmic entities that are not ambiguous in any way.

Last edited:
The galaxy-destruction feats remain very useful blatantly explicit gauges of power, so we should preferably keep them. Plenty of the characters currently accepted as being given 3-C rating have been treated very generously enough as it is.

Given the sheer intensity of the tide of ongoing pushing and demands that I have had to deal with recently after Impress and Confluctor left also give me the impression that several of you will never get satisfied no matter how extreme upgrades that I accept, regardless how unreliable the tiering turns.

Figuratively speaking, there is almost a relentless dedication to eventually reach tier negative infinity for even Captain America and Spider-Man, as anything less is deemed unacceptable, truthfulness, accuracy, and common sense be damned.

Anyway, the Marvel universe has sometimes been treated as infinite and sometimes as finite, depending on the story, and most recently, in Dan Slott's Reckoning War event, it was definitely treated as finite, and was stated to be a tenth as large as it used to be until just recently, but if we are going to rate it as infinite, we definitely cannot rely on hyperbole or flowery speech, only considerably more matter of fact reliable statements by scientists or cosmic entities that are not ambiguous in any way.
I was actually hinting at more of a downgrade. I am currently under the impression 3-C comes from shaking a trillion light year universe, but obviously if it’s infinite, we can’t scale half the heralds to high 3-A.

Actually they still have many 4-A and 3-C feats
Correct, they have a shit-ton of 4-A calcs that I myself evaluated. Supernovae AKA exploding suns in the comics on average are baseline 4-A (2e+57 joules or roughly 20 terafoe) as the 3-C CRT had confirmed, and Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns, 20 exafoe or 2e63 J. They're very high-end 4-A at the very least if nothing else.

Btw

Do we have speed feats of crossing the Universe ? Making the Universe Infinite may affect those type of feats

Correct, they have a shit-ton of 4-A calcs that I myself evaluated. Supernovae AKA exploding suns in the comics on average are baseline 4-A (2e+57 joules or roughly 20 terafoe) as the 3-C CRT had confirmed, and Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns, 20 exafoe or 2e63 J. They're very high-end 4-A at the very least if nothing else.
They still have the "harming something that no sells Galactic explosions" thing, right ? So they still have at least one 3-C feat, although something like 4-A (since it's apparently the most consistent) and leaving anything higher to their peak power also doesn't sound bad

Btw

Do we have speed feats of crossing the Universe ? Making the Universe Infinite may affect those type of feats
Only one that comes to mind is Thor. Or was it Odin?

They still have the "harming something that no sells Galactic explosions" thing, right ? So they still have at least one 3-C feat,
Yeah, they do. A bunch of the other heralds also have feats comparable to or similar to that. Silver Surfer comes to mind as well, including his energy and his fight with Uni-Lord.

I was actually hinting at more of a downgrade. I am currently under the impression 3-C comes from shaking a trillion light year universe, but obviously if it’s infinite, we can’t scale half the heralds to high 3-A.
Okay. I apologise for being triggered and irritable due to very prolonged and longterm exposure to completely unreasonable upgrade-addicts for Marvel and DC Comics far more prominently than other verses. The issue is that with several tens of thousands of individual stories and hundreds of writers over an 83-years long history, it is possible to find scans to "prove" almost anything at this point, which is why consistency and common sense need to constantly be prioritised, or our scaling for these verses will turn completely unreliable, and I take my responsibilities to provide as accurate information as possible to our visitors very seriously.

Here is a whole lotta scans that may suggest an infinite-sized universe (big credit to this). Whether they are flowery language or hyperbolic... I didn't bother to check LMAO
  1. Tales to Astonish v1 27 (1961) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "Somewhere in the vast endless universe...")
  2. Journey into Mystery Vol 1 97 (1963) - Stan Lee (Thor states: "the universe is huge-- endless...")
  3. Fantastic Four v1 49 (1966) - Stan Lee (Galactus states: "...in the endless cosmos")
  4. Fantastic Four v1 50 (1966) - Stan Lee (The Watcher states: "...a maze of endless galaxies...the ravages of infinite space")
  5. Fantastic Four v1 50 (1966) - Stan Lee (The Watcher states: "...the universe is endless")
  6. Thor King-Size Special v1 2 (1966) - Stan Lee (Odin states: "...across the infinite void...")
  7. Thor King-Size Special v1 2 (1966) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "...furthest reach of the limitless universe)
  8. Silver Surfer v1 1 (1968) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "...the airless vacuums of unending cosmos...")
  9. Silver Surfer v1 9 (1969) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "From the endless reaches of infinite space...")
  10. Thor v1 185 (1971) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "...hurtles toward the edge of infinite...")
  11. Marvel Treasury Edition v1 9 (1976) - Stan Lee (Thor states: "I sent a message through the infinite void")
  12. Uncanny X-Men v1 134 (1980) - Chris Claremont, John Byrne (Narrator states: "...though all the infinite reaches of space and time")
  13. Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars v1 12 (1985) - Jim Shooter (Dr. Doom states: "No way in the infinite universe...")
  14. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Narrator states: "...and an infinity number of suns is being born...and an infinity is dying away")
  15. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Narrator states: "Space is infinite!")
  16. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Narrator states a 2nd time (technically the first) that: "Space is infinite!")
  17. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Silver Surfer states: "I can track a grain of dust through the infinite void...")
  18. Silver Surfer v3 5 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Silver Surfer states: "The fascination of infinity consumed me, the constant need to find uninhabitable worlds...")
  19. Epic Illustrated v1 26 (1987) - John Byrne (Narrator states: "...speeding across infinite space...")
  20. Silver Surfer: Parable TPB v1 1 (1988) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "Amidst countless of worlds and endless stars...")
  21. Silver Surfer: Parable TPB v1 1 (1988) - Stan Lee (Galactus states: "For the vast and endless are the galaxies")
  22. Silver Surfer: Parable TPB v1 1 (1988) - Stan Lee (Mrrungo-Mu states: "Be the universe not endless?")
  23. Thor v1 417 (1990) - Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz (Narrator states: "Far across an infinite gulf of time and space...")
  24. Marvel Masterworks: Silver Surfer v1 1 (1990) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "In all the endless reaches of space...")
  25. Thor v1 423 (1990) - Tom Defalco, Ron Frenz (Narrator states: "Far across the infinite void of deep space...")
  26. Silver Surfer / Thor Annual v1 (1998) - Tom DeFalco (Narrator states: "...the distant seas of endless space...")
  27. Thor: Tales of Asgard by Lee & Kirby v1 1 (2001) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "reaching through the emptiness of space...reaching to the very end of infinity")
  28. Fantastic Four Annual v1 2001 (2001) - Jeph Loeb (Captain Universe talks about... well the universe and also the multiverse)
  29. Annihilation: Heralds Of Galactus v1 2 (2007) - Keith Giffen (Silver Surfer states: "I can track a grain of dust through the infinite void of space")
  30. Silver Surfer v7 15 (2016) - Dan Slott (Silver Surfer told Dawn that: "...the real universe is infinite and ever-expanding...")
  31. Thanos: The Infinity Conflict v1 1 (2018) - Jim Starlin (The Living Tribunal states: "...being within this infinite realm")
  32. King Thor v1 4 (2019) - Jason Aaron (Narrator states: "...thunder that rumbles the length of infinity [length of the universe]...")
  33. Silver Surfer: Black v1 4 (2019) - Donny Cates (Ego states: "Open your eyes and gaze into [the] infinity [universe]")
  34. Silver Surfer: Black v1 5 (2019) - Donny Cates (Silver Surfer states: "...I am aware of their mighty breath giving chase to the winds of infinity")
  35. Marvel Universe: Map By Map — An Atlas From Asgard To Wakanda (2021) - Janes Hill, Nick Jones (Doctor Strange states: "The Mystic Realm is as infinite as my universe")
Also, Maverick_Zero_X shared a bunch of imgur scans for an infinite-sized universe

Last edited:
Here is a whole lotta scans that may suggest an infinite-sized universe (big credit to this). Whether they are flowery language or hyperbolic... I didn't bother to check LMAO
  1. Tales to Astonish v1 27 (1961) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "Somewhere in the vast endless universe...")
  2. Journey into Mystery Vol 1 97 (1963) - Stan Lee (Thor states: "the universe is huge-- endless...")
  3. Fantastic Four v1 49 (1966) - Stan Lee (Galactus states: "...in the endless cosmos")
  4. Fantastic Four v1 50 (1966) - Stan Lee (The Watcher states: "...a maze of endless galaxies...the ravages of infinite space")
  5. Fantastic Four v1 50 (1966) - Stan Lee (The Watcher states: "...the universe is endless")
  6. Thor King-Size Special v1 2 (1966) - Stan Lee (Odin states: "...across the infinite void...")
  7. Thor King-Size Special v1 2 (1966) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "...furthest reach of the limitless universe)
  8. Silver Surfer v1 1 (1968) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "...the airless vacuums of unending cosmos...")
  9. Silver Surfer v1 9 (1969) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "From the endless reaches of infinite space...")
  10. Thor v1 185 (1971) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "...hurtles toward the edge of infinite...")
  11. Marvel Treasury Edition v1 9 (1976) - Stan Lee (Thor states: "I sent a message through the infinite void")
  12. Uncanny X-Men v1 134 (1980) - Chris Claremont, John Byrne (Narrator states: "...though all the infinite reaches of space and time")
  13. Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars v1 12 (1985) - Jim Shooter (Dr. Doom states: "No way in the infinite universe...")
  14. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Narrator states: "...and an infinity number of suns is being born...and an infinity is dying away")
  15. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Narrator states: "Space is infinite!")
  16. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Narrator states a 2nd time (technically the first) that: "Space is infinite!")
  17. Silver Surfer v3 1 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Silver Surfer states: "I can track a grain of dust through the infinite void...")
  18. Silver Surfer v3 5 (1987) - Steve Englehart (Silver Surfer states: "The fascination of infinity consumed me, the constant need to find uninhabitable worlds...")
  19. Epic Illustrated v1 26 (1987) - John Byrne (Narrator states: "...speeding across infinite space...")
  20. Silver Surfer: Parable TPB v1 1 (1988) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "Amidst countless of worlds and endless stars...")
  21. Silver Surfer: Parable TPB v1 1 (1988) - Stan Lee (Galactus states: "For the vast and endless are the galaxies")
  22. Silver Surfer: Parable TPB v1 1 (1988) - Stan Lee (Mrrungo-Mu states: "Be the universe not endless?")
  23. Thor v1 417 (1990) - Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz (Narrator states: "Far across an infinite gulf of time and space...")
  24. Marvel Masterworks: Silver Surfer v1 1 (1990) - Stan Lee (Silver Surfer states: "In all the endless reaches of space...")
  25. Thor v1 423 (1990) - Tom Defalco, Ron Frenz (Narrator states: "Far across the infinite void of deep space..."
  26. Silver Surfer / Thor Annual v1 (1998) - Tom DeFalco (Narrator states: "...the distant seas of endless space...")
  27. Thor: Tales of Asgard by Lee & Kirby v1 1 (2001) - Stan Lee (Narrator states: "reaching through the emptiness of space...reaching to the very end of infinity")
  28. Fantastic Four Annual v1 2001 (2001) - Jeph Loeb (Captain Universe talks about... well the universe and also the multiverse)
  29. Annihilation: Heralds Of Galactus v1 2 (2007) - Keith Giffen (Silver Surfer states: "I can track a grain of dust through the infinite void of space")
  30. Silver Surfer v7 15 (2016) - Dan Slott (Silver Surfer told Dawn that: "...the real universe is infinite and ever-expanding...")
  31. Thanos: The Infinity Conflict v1 1 (2018) - Jim Starlin (The Living Tribunal states: "...being within this infinite realm")
  32. King Thor v1 4 (2019) - Jason Aaron (Narrator states: "...thunder that rumbles the length of infinity [length of the universe]...")
  33. Silver Surfer: Black v1 4 (2019) - Donny Cates (Ego states: "Open your eyes and gaze into [the] infinity [universe]")
  34. Silver Surfer: Black v1 5 (2019) - Donny Cates (Silver Surfer states: "...I am aware of their mighty breath giving chase to the winds of infinity")
  35. Marvel Universe: Map By Map — An Atlas From Asgard To Wakanda (2021) - Janes Hill, Nick Jones (Doctor Strange states: "The Mystic Realm is as infinite as my universe")
Also, Maverick_Zero_X shared a bunch of imgur scans for an infinitely-sized universe
******* hell, alright
Yeah that works

This establishes a clear “Edge" to the Infinite universe
Of course, this doesn't debunk it, it just means that whatever form of logic you think an Infinite structure should abide by probably doesn't apply to The marvel comics' universe
As that it very clearly accepts Infinities to have an edge.
Marvel Universes have properties of finite things like edges while being infinite in nature.
Hence proved, Marvel Universes are Transdual in nature.

On a more serious note, its just probably that the writers didn't know/misunderstood how infinities work and ended up giving properties that should only be possible in finite instead of infinite structures. The original intent of the author still seems to be infinite sized structures.

I agree with the OP especially that doom statement it's okay for me. That was doom with beyonder powers and many shit happened in secret wars so I agree.

I heard recent comics treats it as finite but that's for recent though but 1991 and few years before and ahead should be infinite.
If anything, this adds more proof for their 2-C peak rating
I doubt universe being infinite has more proof for 2-C at peak cause infinite or not 2-C tier is 2-C as it deals with more than 1 space-time destruction or creation.

I prefer sure what the OP and Marvel brought should be enough, the OP should be 100% accepted.

I doubt universe being infinite has more proof for 2-C at peak cause infinite or not 2-C tier is 2-C as it deals with more than 1 space-time destruction or creation.
I'm...obviously aware of that, my point is that having more High 3-A feats adds more consistency to their universal and beyond collection much like having numerous 4-A calcs adds more consistency to their 3-C feats

But, it should be noted that it is very likely that The Marvel Universe has an edge even with being infinite
An universe having an edge doesn't disprove that it isn't infinite, so as you say that doesn't necessarely debunk infinite size.

Anyway, i don't see problem with accepting Marvel's universes to be possibly infinite.

It wouldn't change the 3-C Tier since there are other feats that aren't based around characters shaking the universe with their blows.

And for Speed we can simply have the characters at having just possibly Infinite Speed.

Find every one of these scans, source them, put 'em in a blog, and then put this in the profiles that deserve the ranking.

Obviously only the best Herald tiers deserve this, Hulk, Sentry, Thor, Silver Surfer, Hercules, Thanos and the like. No place for fodder cannon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back