• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Violet Ken (Street Fighter) VS Ron Shobun (Baki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron's style is a sort of one-hit-kill, right?
Between the two Ron's the one with the AP advantage, looking at both it seems there's about a 2X difference.

Before starting with the skill comparison (something I can't do with Ron, at least for now, since I have yet to reach that part of the manga), I will mention what this Ken does and what I believe are his advantages.

This Ken is basically a bloodlusted version of the normal Ken, retaining his moveset and skill (up to SF2) but with the sole purpose of killing the opponent, and maybe tapping into the original purpose of his fighting style, the Ansatsuken, since it was intended to be an assassination art.
I think he might be prone to start first and rush on Ron, also because Ken's the most physical between him and Ryu, but it's not impossble for him to start with Hadokens.
And here we move to the first advantage Ken has, his projectiles. Unlike normal Ken this doesn't care about honor, so I see it possible for him to just spam hadokens against Ron once he notices he can't reply and isn't used to deal with projectiles shot at him.
Ken also fights a lot with kicks, with may be a trouble for Ron, as he seems to use an arm-based style, so I'm unsure.
Other advantages the blond fighter has there's the LS advantage, useful to push his attacks through Ron's defenses, a teleport technique to avoid attacks and catch Ron by surprise and from blind angles, and the ability to generate fire with his punches and kicks which would, obviously, burn Ron and maybe even set him on fire.

Ron's style is a sort of one-hit-kill, right?
Between the two Ron's the one with the AP advantage, looking at both it seems there's about a 2X difference.

Before starting with the skill comparison (something I can't do with Ron, at least for now, since I have yet to reach that part of the manga), I will mention what this Ken does and what I believe are his advantages.

This Ken is basically a bloodlusted version of the normal Ken, retaining his moveset and skill (up to SF2) but with the sole purpose of killing the opponent, and maybe tapping into the original purpose of his fighting style, the Ansatsuken, since it was intended to be an assassination art.
I think he might be prone to start first and rush on Ron, also because Ken's the most physical between him and Ryu, but it's not impossble for him to start with Hadokens.
And here we move to the first advantage Ken has, his projectiles. Unlike normal Ken this doesn't care about honor, so I see it possible for him to just spam hadokens against Ron once he notices he can't reply and isn't used to deal with projectiles shot at him.
Ken also fights a lot with kicks, with may be a trouble for Ron, as he seems to use an arm-based style, so I'm unsure.
Other advantages the blond fighter has there's the LS advantage, useful to push his attacks through Ron's defenses, a teleport technique to avoid attacks and catch Ron by surprise and from blind angles, and the ability to generate fire with his punches and kicks which would, obviously, burn Ron and maybe even set him on fire.
a very interesting take: so you are voting for ken?

Ron's IC style is to literally sit in one spot, wait for you to get close and hit you in retaliation.
He has absolutely no answer to ranged attacks at all and he's so stubborn he refuses to do anything else.

Violent Ken for Hado spam and slight teleport with his dash

Also violent Ken beat Bison to death in both USF2 and SVC Chaos despite being made by him in both so I think it's safe to say he has skill advantage as well.

Grace is over, I'm adding the match and I will close the thread later, in case someone wants to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back