• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugo (Dynamight) Vs Amber (RWBY)

Katsuki Bakugo (Dynamight) Vs. Amber (RWBY)​

• Fight Location: U.A Stadium
  • Starting Distance: 10 Meters
  • Endeavor Agency Arc Bakugo will be used
  • Speed Equal
  • Both in character
Bakugo: @Acer__ @speedster352 @XSOULOFCINDERX @rawXDglomp @Nierre @Insert_creative_name_here_12 @Baken384 @sanicspood
Amber:

Inconclusive:

4ua7Sy9.png
jQWNaso.jpg

Last edited:
Bakugou here has more training. He’s defeated multiple highly trained professionals and against terrorist organizations like Humarise or Wolfram’s group. Amber iirc was said to have lost because she was still inexperienced in combat and using her maiden powers.

Bakugou also has AP, Amber has 2.91 Kt while Bakugou has 4.22 KT, and while aura will help against the temperature of his explosions, exposed heat is said in weaknesses section to wear it down, so not only does he have more damage but it drains extra because of his explosions heat.

I will say that Amber is more versatile, the maiden abilities off a lot and I can see her doing well if she goes all out. However Amber hasn’t shown much use of combat flight yet, nothing outside of just floating menacingly, meaning Bakugou can zone her out from the air, leaving her with abilities we don’t see much.

Bakugou’s pain tolerance is also nothing to snuff at. During his fight against the Serpenters he was impaled and had holes ripped through his body multiple times, and his eye was damaged to the point were the entire thing was bloodshoot

I believe Bakugou wins this with his experience, strength, and incredibly pain tolerance

I kinda just assumed the howitzer can’t be used due to it being a 66 KT move, unless you think that aura makes the attack fair?

I couldn't find the calc so thx
I still think experience, pain tolerance, better showings with flight, (and now the howitzer) are gonna give him the win. Despite the 5 times AP gap.

I thought that this was a low 7-C fight given that you have the 7-C Bakugou right next to it

Yea, they start at low 7-C and can amp to 7-C I should have put that in the OP
That’s not really how Bakugou’s quirk works? Howitzer itself is an attack, after it his AP goes right back to 4.22 KT. He does get stronger over time as he sweats more but it doesn’t have an exact value it’s just described as “his explosions use his sweat, so the more he sweats the stronger is explosions will be”

Yea, I meant in as he can use Howitzer. It's not restricted he doesn't start off with it anyway it's more of his final attack

Yea, I meant in as he can use Howitzer. It's not restricted he doesn't start off with it anyway it's more of his final attack
Ah ok, anyways yeah, my money’s still on Bakugou, he has many things aside from the AP deficit (and even then, her aura doesn’t seem to be 7-C if I read her profile correctly, she can just make barriers that are 7-C) because his explosions still have high temperature, which as stated on the profile beats away at aura. Which is funny because we’ve seen lava (which ranges from 800-1200 C) take out aura easily and it isn’t nearly as hot as nitroglycerin explosions (which get to 5000 C)

She has forcefields, can push him away with wind, can summon lightning, resists heat, is stronger, and her flight seems less limited and predictable than his. Also if he's using explosions to move, shouldn't he be using his sweat? I don't really get what he does here. Can he even break her forcefield? Can he beat out the wind of someone so much stronger to get close enough to try? If I'm following the convo right she is the one who's vastly stronger, right?

She has forcefields, can push him away with wind, can summon lightning, resists heat, is stronger, and her flight seems less limited and predictable than his. Also if he's using explosions to move, shouldn't he be using his sweat? I don't really get what he does here. Can he even break her forcefield? Can he beat out the wind of someone so much stronger to get close enough to try? If I'm following the convo right she is the one who's vastly stronger, right?
She is but Bakugou has fought people stronger then him before, Tomura was thousands of times stronger the him during the war, yet he still took piece pierced and tabbed by him multiple times.

Also her heat resist comes from aura which is directly states lower in the Profile still gets drained by intensely high temperatures, her lightning is equalized along with the rest of her stats (as its stated to not have its own attack speed), his own explosions can counter the wind, has his gauntlets which store up extra sweat to be used later, and her force field isn’t always active, she has to summon it, and if he uses the 66 kiloton attack, which is over 3 times stronger then her barrier, meaning she only has her aura to rely on, which again, doesn’t scale to 7-C, just to high 8-C

Ah ok, anyways yeah, my money’s still on Bakugou, he has many things aside from the AP deficit (and even then, her aura doesn’t seem to be 7-C if I read her profile correctly, she can just make barriers that are 7-C) because his explosions still have high temperature, which as stated on the profile beats away at aura. Which is funny because we’ve seen lava (which ranges from 800-1200 C) take out aura easily and it isn’t nearly as hot as nitroglycerin explosions (which get to 5000 C)
counted

resists heat
also here’s the weakness excerpt so we don’t need to go back to her page for it every 5 seconds

Weaknesses: Somewhat inexperienced in using her powers, Continual use of her Aura will cause it to decay to the point where she can be left open to more significant damage. Aura's durability is cumulative; it will deplete with each attack she takes and can be brought down by characters of similar strength. Constant exposure to extreme temperature can drain the user's aura.

How is he hitting her for that to matter at all when she's 5x his strength and has wind manip?
Oh also voting amber

How is he hitting her for that to matter at all when she's 5x his strength and has wind manip?
Oh also voting amber
A wind manip which couldn’t blow back High 8-C characters when Bakugou is low 7-C?

and yeah, 5x his strength only when using maiden powers, that barrier which can’t always be active and has to be summoned? Her aura which doesn’t even scale to 7-C it scales to high 8-C so I could turn that point back on you. If his howitzer is 3x the strength of her barrier how will she survive it if it’s 6639x her durability?

Amber can't start at low 7-C, she either is Low 7-C or 7-C.

The 7-C is a possibly rating because the feat isn't certain. Not because she has a higher attack.

I've suggested many times that Amber shouldn't be Tier 7 as she was stated to be a highly inexperienced Maiden, and likely couldn't draw out the full power. They made a big deal about the winter maiden as well, who had far more experience than anyone else and was shown to be very powerful.

How I was thinking this fight goes on profiles was essentially
  • He flies at her, which should logically weaken him since he's using explosions, but maybe we just ignore that?
  • She blows him away
  • He uses his single relevant ranged attack
  • She blows it away
  • She wins because its speed equal and he can't blow her attacks away
But it sounds like she's not even skillful enough to do that? Profile just says she's somewhat lacking in maiden ability, how shit is she?

Her first ever fight had her be defeated by three High 8-C+ characters. And they decided that those three scaling and beating her is just an outlier... Instead of her not being Tier 7 because she is stated to be young and inexperienced with her power.

Why would Bakugo get weaker by flying? He gets stronger the longer he fights, since he sweats more which allows him to create more explosions.

He uses his single relevant ranged attack
She blows it away
firstly this wouldn’t happen? We’ve seen bakugous explosions before a even tornado like winds from nine didn’t stop it, just blocked it.

it’s also 66 Kilotons which is 3x stronger then her AP so she can’t just attack it.

Secondly she has no skill in her maiden powers, if I’m correct it’s implied that against Mercury/Emerald/Cinder was her first or second time using them for combat

Her first ever fight had her be defeated by three High 8-C+ characters. And they decided that those three scaling and beating her is just an outlier... Instead of her not being Tier 7 because she is stated to be young and inexperienced with her power.
I have a problem with the scaling with that fight to, more for speed, cause the lightning dodge calc used the return stroke speed instead of the leader bolt speed

Why would Bakugo get weaker by flying? He gets stronger the longer he fights, since he sweats more which allows him to create more explosions.
Because he is using explosions to fly.
Which use his sweat.
Or am I misunderstanding what it means by 'uses sweat'. Or is it magical sweat he can use up, yet its still there, even though he's using it to make explosions to fly?

Because he is using explosions to fly.
Which use his sweat.
Or am I misunderstanding what it means by 'uses sweat'. Or is it magical sweat he can use up, yet its still there, even though he's using it to make explosions to fly?
More the explosions create more heat for him to sweat. We’ve seen that even a few drops are enough to set one off (as his grenades show).

So he does lose sweat but the heat given off produces more then he loses, like let’s say he loses 2 Ml but he gains 3 Ml

Oh okay. So he wins then. If he's just constantly getting effectively more ammo all the time and she's shit at using any of her powers.

Oh okay. So he wins then. If he's just constantly getting effectively more ammo all the time and she's shit at using any of her powers.
Ye, it’s basically, no skill but a shit ton of power vs less power but masterful control over it

"Ah ok, anyways yeah, my money’s still on Bakugou, he has many things aside from the AP deficit (and even then, her aura doesn’t seem to be 7-C if I read her profile correctly, she can just make barriers that are 7-C)"
"Her aura which doesn’t even scale to 7-C it scales to high 8-C so I could turn that point back on you."

When her maiden powers are active her aura is 7-C and she can make barriers on top of that

"Which is funny because we’ve seen lava (which ranges from 800-1200 C) take out aura easily"

Flynt was tackled into active lava and his aura was still active when he got out (also they were almost out of aura after their fight and that was the final blow to knock out their aura)

"her lightning is equalized along with the rest of her stats (as its stated to not have its own attack speed)"

That needs to be fixed, she uses natural lightning which is MHS

"her force field isn’t always active, she has to summon it"

She doesnt actually, its passive

"Her first ever fight had her be defeated by three High 8-C+ characters. And they decided that those three scaling and beating her is just an outlier... Instead of her not being Tier 7 because she is stated to be young and inexperienced with her power."

They only beat her when her maiden powers werent active

They only beat her when her maiden powers werent active
Were we watching the same fight? Didn’t she kick emerald & Mercury’s asses after she has to CQC them? Her maiden usage was lightning which was easily avoided, a danmaku which was tanked by characters many tiers below low 7-C, an easily dodged fireball, and wind that again, only pushed back characters many tiers below her.

She kicked their asses once the CQC section started but she didn’t seem all too impressive with the maiden powers, which again, gives credence to the statement that she was highly inexperienced.

"Were we watching the same fight? Didn’t she kick emerald & Mercury’s asses after she has to CQC them? Her maiden usage was lightning which was easily avoided, a danmaku which was tanked by characters many tiers below low 7-C, an easily dodged fireball, and wind that again, only pushed back characters many tiers below her.

She kicked their asses once the CQC section started but she didn’t seem all too impressive with the maiden powers, which again, gives credence to the statement that she was highly inexperienced."

She was swirtching her maiden powers on and off in the fight, when she uses them she kicks their asses but when she doesnt she gets overpowered which leads to her aura getting knocked out by their teamwork

She was swirtching her maiden powers on and off in the fight, when she uses them she kicks their asses but when she doesnt she gets overpowered which leads to her aura getting knocked out by their teamwork
That is a complete lie, Cinder very easily knocked her out of her Maiden power with her glass attack.

Amber has no business being Tier 7, and not a single person can explain why she should be when it's been stated she is inexperienced with her powers. Her only feats are fighting and failing to one shot or even cause major damage to High 8-C+ characters. A Low 7-C to 7-C character should have no issue with them.

Instead people say her only showing in the entire series must be an outlier because they say so. She landed multiple hits on them with her Maiden powers on and was even knocked around by Cinder when they were on as well. Nothing suggesting she should be Low 7-C or 7-C.

Just because her power source is Low 7-C to 7-C, that doesn't mean she has the skill necessary to draw out and use that power.

That is a complete lie, Cinder very easily knocked her out of her Maiden power with her glass attack.

Amber has no business being Tier 7, and not a single person can explain why she should be when it's been stated she is inexperienced with her powers. Her only feats are fighting and failing to one shot or even cause major damage to High 8-C+ characters. A Low 7-C to 7-C character should have no issue with them.

Instead people say her only showing in the entire series must be an outlier because they say so. She landed multiple hits on them with her Maiden powers on and was even knocked around by Cinder when they were on as well. Nothing suggesting she should be Low 7-C or 7-C.

Just because her power source is Low 7-C to 7-C, that doesn't mean she has the skill necessary to draw out and use that power.
Yeah after watching that fight I don’t see how she would be tier 7 unless Cinder is Tier 7 herself

Back