• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
2E6253D3-7AE8-4FCE-AD01-DB3A49735519
Round three of the 10-C Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was the Cane Toad via om nom

Hub

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/q4dhu5br

The combatants for this round are the Kharaa Bacterium, submitted by Crimson Azoth versus the White Blood Cell, submitted by Ionliosite

Speed is equal. One cell of each character in the beginning. The battle takes place inside the human body from Cells at Work!

Kharaa Bacterium: 7 (Roachman40, Psychomaster35, Dusty Raider, Ionliosite, Weekly, Midnight and Christian)

White Blood Cell: 0

Inconclusive: 0

InfectionReveal
Mwo,x1000,ipad 2 snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.lite-1u4

Since Kharaa is my character, I will do some arguing for the bacterium, but I cannot vote.

The Kharaa is a galaxy-spanning superdisease that wiped out trillions of a hyper-advanced alien civilization and only has one known cure. To see what happens when the immune system of a human being (i.e. white blood cells) attempt to combat the Kharaa, just play Subnautica. Ryley Robinson would have been killed super dead.

Using real white blood cells to argue again this one is just dumb. No offense of course, but the white blood cells of the body are completely incapable of attacking, moving and strategizing like him.

So any reason why the bacteria resists getting stabbed to death?

I chose the change because both WBC and Kharaa were just going to be stomped by their respective opponents, as they would be unable to do anything to them.

Empathetic Manipulation works by giving creatures infected with Kharaa heightened aggression. Useless here.

Power Nullification shuts down the immune system of the host and is the big win-con here for me. WBC is part of the immune system, so would get shut down as per that ability.

Kharaa needs to touch WBC or the body he is in? If it is the latter, then WBC can't do squat and the match is likely a stomp.

Ionliosite said:
Kharaa needs to touch WBC or the body he is in? If it is the latter, then WBC can't do squat and the match is likely a stomp.
Not quite. Kharaa needs to incubate into the body. The immune system shutting down is a slow process. While it will be likely quicker when dealing with one cell, it will more be a slow shutdown of WBC over the course of the battle. This is far from being a stomp if WBC can kill the Kharaa before it is shut down

Oh, then again, can't WBC stab him to death before the immune system get shut down? I know I just have made a circular argument, but this is most likely what he will do.

Same deal for me regarding WBC's matches against other cells. Such as the human WBC. A knife won't really do a whole lot against an animorphous blob

Back