• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1 Frame Feats

Intro
So, I made a Bleach calc involving pixel scaling and KE, and a friend of mine made one as well. This thread is to discuss which is superior, and more broadly talk about if 1 frame KE calcs should be used.

Calcs
Average KE calc
1 frame KE calc

Honestly, I cannot find anything in our standards about which is superior (I could have missed it), so I figured now is a better time than any to have something as precedence to work off of.

Conclusion
Average KE: Damage, Armor
1 frame KE:

Last edited:
I don't think we have specific standards on this yet either but from my understanding when it comes to calculating K.E. it is better to calculate the full range of motion displayed by an object - at least as full as we can reasonably get - instead of essentially cherrypicking frames. Because of the limitations of animation, a lot might happen in a single frame that isn't necessarily consistent with how the object is depicted over multiple frames.

Back