• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toneri's Moon Split The Last (time I do this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
A follow up of this thread. Where I will discuss a final alternative to settling the Toneri issue I talked to Damage about maybe half a year ago or sumn lol.

Discussion
So, from the conclusions of the thread linked in the introduction, this calc is accepted as a possibly. Which basically means by our own standards the interpretation for the 5-C+ calc is valid but not inherently more objective than the alternative interpretation (which nets it like a 6-B calc).

Now in a lot of accepted calcs here, in which there are size discrepancies in the pixel scaling with no clear objective depiction to scale from, we often average the pixel scales to obtain a happy compromise that accounts for all visuals of the feat. Essentially, what I'm wondering here is, in this case would it be better to keep the two interpretations of the feat separate, or should we average the moon halves separation and recalc the split using an average separation, since there was no significantly superior interpretation regarding the split?

Votes
Keep it as is now:
Average it: Damage (worth considering), M3X, Kay Laugh Out Loud

Last edited:
Could it be possible to find the cut width the moment Toneri's Blade leaves the Moon? And find the timeframe from the split there?

Well, frankly, I never even agreed with the original downgrade in the first place, nor with the split ratings. However, I have no intention of getting into that anytime soon, so I won't muddy this thread with that discussion.

As far the OP is concerned, I'm actually a bit unfamiliar with whether or not we do this kind of thing, but Arc is more involved in this side of things than myself, so I'm sure he's onto something. Assuming it's within our standards and violates no rules, I think it's a fine compromise and a happy medium. But it's early days, so I'll wait to hear from the CGMs and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back