• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Paulo.junior.969 said:
It would be funny if they added a 2-A statement at the most obscure place possible, like written (super small) on the background, appearing for just one frame of animation of a random anime episode and is never seen on-screen again, just to see how long it takes for someone to find it.
Maybe the burst manta or something.

From my understanding, Digimon doesn't have a bad reputation. Here, it's beloved for being one of the few verses that can fight verses like SMT, Saint Seiya, DC and Marvel on mostly even grounds and at times win. Note that these verses are some of the hardest to put down. Digimon doesn't always make it's power known, hence why people downplay it elsewhere or are suprised when they come here. Digimon isn't out there busting Multiverses every day. (I mean at this point a reset happens every Monday. Thanks Yggdrasil. Good to know the Digimon have a good health plan). Digimon has just a lot of lore that it expands upon each game. Literally every game adds something to the lore in some way shape or form. Digimon is formiddible yes, very much so. However, it hasn't touched that level yet.

I'm actually speaking from experience. I know a lot of people who either don't believe in Digimon being powerful or refuse to be anywhere near it because the sheer level of everything disgusts them.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
>How we, the franchise, the fans and writers see Lucemon.
This is curious because all of Lucemon's mission in N0 is focused on explaining his philosophy and how his neutrality and judgment work. But at the same time managed to add interesting powers. Philosophy is one of the best ways to add great powers, but without seeming to be putting something too exaggerate OVO

Ultima Reality said:
>Arceus becomes 1-A
>Digimon suddently gets a supported statement that boosts everything to a ridiculous degree of 1-A
inb4 infinite dimensions, Ultra-Dimensional Space is qualitatively superior and there are infinite Ultra-Dimensions, and the Digi-God is qualitatively superior to Ultra-Dimensional Space

I can't help if people are too hard headed to believe something we have sources for and people who assumes every series with strong characters is immediately a bad series. The latter really pisses me off.

Fun fact: Palkia has been called multiple times as the master of space and dimensions. And Lucian has affirmed that what is written in the myths is beyond space and time.

Executor N0 said:
Philosophy is one of the best ways to add great powers, but without seeming to be putting something too exaggerate OVO
I definitely agree with this

God actually is superior to something that was described as Ultradimensional, lol.

I mean, "ultra" is generally portrayed as inferior or comparable to "super", which is less than "hyper"

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I can't help if people are too hard headed to believe something we have sources for and people who assumes every series with strong characters is immediately a bad series. The latter really pisses me off.
I can certainly sympathize. Those are the worst types of wankers and down players.

@Kep the term is "ChouJigen". So this can be Hyperdimension, Superdimension, Ultradimension,etc.

And yes, "Chou Jigen" is used as something beyond even "Ko Jigen" (Higher Dimensions) and beyond any concept of time, limits, etc.

Darkanine said:
Digimon is far from strength obsessed. It's only OP if you piece together aspects of the lore, the actual games and anime rarely delve into big feats and when it does, it's usually for big bads and is taken very seriously. It's not like a VN where the protag just randomly describes something as "an infinite dimensional matrix" or anything like that.
There are worse cases, especially in vidogames: Sometimes, characters don't do any impressive feats in-game, and to discover how stron they are, you have to look at the lore/trivia of a character, which still could not properly scale to everybody, and youhave to base a bit on stats and shit like that.

In fact, I want to replay a series of games called "Invizimals", which is basically a spainish hybrid between Pokèmon and Digimon, and if I remeber correctly, one of these Invizimals has a Star Level feat. The next closest thing to that is maybe a Godness controlling every volcano on the planet, but that's about it.

When I was little I thought DB was one of the most powerful verses because at even early DBZ we'd see casual planet busters and by the end we'd see solar system level shit. I found out even before coming to this site as a lurker that DB was not even close to the best. It loses to SMT, DC and Marvel, Digimon, Pokemon, fricking Minecraft. Minecraft , etc, which is understandable. But one woud not expect it to lose to children's shows like Ben 10 (it was like a kid's show when I was little), Adventure Time, Winx Club (a little girls show similar to MLP, tbh. Though FW soloes the verse), Regular Show (via a Mall of all things), maybe Spongebob (due to the book, which can destroy atleast 20 universes afaik, which bloodlusted spongebob can use in fights), and Gravity Falls (Bill is indeed powerful, which makes sense that it is superior to DB because it fools around with higher dimensions like no big deal). And most of these kids shows solo DB via a multiversal statement or a weapon. I wouldn't be surprised if a Nick Jr and Disney Jr show gets a statement of higher dimension(s) or there is a character with 2-C/B/A level hax which can then solo DB. Imagine something like Paw Patrol, Sofia the First, or PJ Masks being able to solo DB (including Heroes/XV) because of a villain who states that he can destroy or rule all of reality. It'd be funny and pissing off at the same time and a huge kick in the balls to DB fans.

Tl;dr: Thought DB was one of hte most powerful verses when I was little, now find out that even liitle kids shows solo it.

P.S Sorry for the derail. Just had to get this off my chest and everyone here was talking about underestimating certain verses like Digimon, so I thought that it was relevant.

I know how that feels. When i was younger i thought Superman had to be unbeatable and therefore lame because "muh invincibility" but outside Cosmic Armor Superman... he's pretty standard and somewhat reasonable.

Even Pre-Crisis Superman, as bullshit as he is, is still not that powerful when it comes to 3-A/2-C characters. Like he can't even defeat a little kid from an underrated RPG series or a drunk dude.

Even Cosmic Armor, the ultimate in plot armor (literally) is still not even in the top 10 most powerful High 1-B dudes. In fact he gets his ass kicked by random VN characters who literally have the power to be god because **** you.

I guess at the end of the day, no matter how strong you are, theres gonna be some random ass kids show or visual novel that has a character who destroys omniverses because the writers just don't care.

Jared1111 said:
I guess at the end of the day, no matter how strong you are, theres gonna be some random ass kids show or visual novel that has a character who destroys omniverses because the writers just don't care.
^This wiki in a nutshell.

Some cartoons have the tendency of giving the middle finger to common sense and just make their characters overpowered.

Seriously, there's a character in My Little Pony that does a Tier 4 feat every single day, casually, and has been doing it for thousands of years. There's also those shows that just keep throwing OP feats around like it was no big deal, like SVTFOE, which has a background character with a 5-B feat (which appears for like, two seconds) and a secondary character who is a casual 3-A, just because.

I to this day still remember the time Twilight Sparkle was put to fight against Thor from Marvel, and the OP had to change Twilight to a weaker form for it to be fair, because her most powerful form would one-shot Thor.

Stryk3r1337 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if a Nick Jr and Disney Jr show gets a statement of higher dimension(s) or there is a character with 2-C/B/A level hax which can then solo DB. Imagine something like Paw Patrol, Sofia the First, or PJ Masks being able to solo DB (including Heroes/XV) because of a villain who states that he can destroy or rule all of reality. It'd be funny and pissing off at the same time and a huge kick in the balls to DB fans.
The Disney multiverse (as in, Disney films and Sensational Six media) actually has higher dimensional statements, yeah. It's at least 5-Dimensional since a Donald Duck villain made a machine that let him control 5-Dimensional space.

And I think theirs a Bambi comic with a Tier 2 entity....so yeah.

Back