• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(0-1-0) Ginormica vs. Chelshia (Rematch)

Jackythejack

They/Them
Because this was once a fight on Chel's profile that was removed because Susan got a big ap upgrade. Chel is now in a similar ap tame and look who's knocking on Susan's door. Speed equal if it's gotta be. That's all.

Chelshia

Susan Murphy

Outskills, is this just the movie? If not, doesn't she like, frequently fight with threats that scare even the military

If it's the TV show. Out skills probably doesn't work. Even now it's iffy at best. Both lack much Experience since Chels like. Minutes old from the game start. Both did fight giant threats. Albeit, I don't remember the movie all well. And I'm not voting for either since I don't safely remember how much skill she had in the movie. Just gonna say probably need more than just Skill as a reason, as the show hands her experience by a good long shot iirc.

Jackythejack said:
Also I don't recall the military in MvA to be particularly...competent
The general guy was over the top. The military being incompetent. Not really no. They were just easily beaten. But I don't recall flat out incompetence coming from them. The general maybe. Not the soldiers tho

Eh, I just never saw them as the best or something to really marvel at. Besides I don't think it'd take much to scare them when it comes to like, otherworldly alien threats

Buuut I can elaborate and say that Chel has a range and variety advantage as well as likely mobility. The only thing she suffers from is lifting strength from what I see.

Not the best, sure. They were super skilled. But we can't sleep on the fact they still are military and should still be trained and skilled. Other worlds threats may be scary the first time. But the next few times it loses its fear. Plus, they still fought a Giant metal alien thing dozens of times their size.

But those are other helpful advantages

I'll drop the skill point. I just feel like assuming every military in fiction is the pinnacle of skill is silly.

But either way Chel has a good chunk of advantages that I don't know if Susan can make up for.

Also this is my last match before I rematch Deku vs Chel and I'm gonna hate that

Not assuming they are the pinnacle is skill. It's just that the skill she is going up against isn't very high either (no offense). Someone who is fighting above military should at the very least be able to keep up.

Regardless. Not gonna vote cause I can't safely say if your right or wrong. If a MvA expert comes in and can confirm or deny the skill and such, then I'll be more inclined to vote. But until then. Tata

I somehow doubt that expert is coming.

In Ginormica's only advantage is her size manipulation, then I can surely see this going in Chel's favor.

That's not her only advantage.

She is matches her physically AP and durability wise. Higher LS, debatably experience, and size. Frankly. Looking this over. I'm not sure how it goes anywhere but her favor. Even if Chels more skilled, it should hardly be much cause she takes on military level threats. Nothing stops her from stopping in Chel multiple times. And Chel being so much smaller, her damage isn't going to be as effecting as she isn't hitting a large area. Her hands so small compared to her that she basically is like a fly with that level of strength hitting her. It may hurt, but it hurts vastly less than a normal sized human punching them cause bigger area.

I mean, Chelsia can just spam saucy shot over and over. And punch out flames before she takes any damage. She can play a ranged game that Ginormica completely lacks. LS only means so much when it's hard to get close because the opponent keeps blasting you in the face. Or when she thinks they're going to engage in CQC she finds a saucy shot waiting from point blank range.

Chelsia being smaller also makes it much harder for Ginormica to keep track of her. Especially since Chel likes to dash around. Her mobility is certainly superior to Ginormica's.

Also, does Ginormica defeat military level threats through skill, or because she can just grow big and hulk smash everything? I've watched the movie, but iirc, they also had a show that I haven't actually seen.

Lastly, they have similar AP and durability. I don't see why Chelsia's attacks would hurt so dramatically less. Being giant doesn't provide her with extra durability. Flies don't have building level striking strength. Chel does. It's also difficult to use a human comparison because an 8-C character punching a human would splatter them. And them punching a giant with 10-B durability would splatter the giant as well. It's kind of hard to use real life examples with physics defying characters. Or at least, those examples don't provide an accurate enough representation of what will be happening here.

Saucy shot requires charge. Which makes it slow and more predictable. Her sheer size covers any distance Chel could use to take cover. So even if she fired one. She ain't running and shooting as Susan's sizes covers more distance. So in that instance. She takes a saucy shot and stomps on her. Chels range is garbage. This isn't a gun where the range is long enough to snipe. It's a few meters. Something Susan can cover in a single step.

Chel can't blast Susan in the face cause her range doesn't teach that far. She can't even get the shot past her leg. LS does matter if Susan just steps on her. What's Chel gonna do them. She can't move, she is being forcibly held down by someone tiers ahead in LS. Mobility means nothing considering her natural height causes her to be able to slap Chel no matter where she is, and her dashed to move a lot of distance. Her sheer size gives her a look over a lot of area.

Chel being smaller doesn't make her that much harder to track. Remember that Susan had to do that anyway. This isn't a place where Chel can hide well, and nothing is there to distract her. And since speed is also equal. It's going to be plenty easy enough to keep track of Chel

Because again. The size. A child and an adult can both punch with the same level of energy. But in the end, the child hits do less because his punchers are smaller. That case it wouldn't be as dramatic. But this is like if a fly was punching you, it's going to have a massively less difference.

She doesn't grow big. She is big. Always. She uses her size as the advantage to fight these threats. Which is my point. Chel isn't really any more skilled, so this story wouldn't be much different. She still has her massive size advantage.

Frankly. She punts Chel once and her LS and sheer size would send her flying off.

Fair point on the saucy shot. I forgot that is has pretty crappy range. I always have it in my head that it's in the dozens of meters category.

LS is Susan's primary advantage. But she has to actually raise her foot to stomp Chel. It's not like Chel is going to sit there while she raises her foot enough to stomp her. She's be moving around, dashing out of the way.

Additionally, they're fighting under SBA. Meaning they're in NYC. Central park, sure, but the city is around them. There's certainly places to run and hide. It's not that easy to keep track of a small target when there are multiple obstructions around (Trees, benches, etc). In addition since she has to move her head more distance than Chel to accomplish the same movement.

Also, if Chel is smaller, doesn't that mean that her hits would do "more" damage? Much of the reason behind why a blade does so much damage is because the force is displaced across an extremely fine surface area. The surface area of Chel's punches are far smaller than Susan's. If anything, this logic works against her. That same 8-C striking energy is now displaced across a far larger surface area. Making an individual part that much less powerful when compared to something like a fly.

However, I do agree that punting her is pretty effective. And absolutely hilarious to imagine.

While that's true. She can't do it forever. She is either going to slip up or Exhaust herself first since she would be having to do it on repeat and constantly due to Susan's size. And that's if she tries to step on her and not just kick or swat her away.

It is very easy if there's only one moving target. Unless she actually gets out of Susan's eye and then gets into a hidden area. Then she will be able to hide, but no reason Susan couldn't see the one moving object. The trees barely cause any shade. And Susan being so tall, vibes her longer eyesite. She can see further and keep track, it's going to be hard to lose her. And Since she is always giant, she is use to doing this. She keeps track of small people moving all the time, except in her case, they can be faster, making it harder

It would. Again the area she is punching causes far less damage. Something that size of an ant punching you with the energy of a boxer hurts less than a boxer punching you cause the area of said punch covers more and thus is doing more damage all around. That's how it works. The area of your punch can matter on how badly they feel it. This is why a BB bullet hitting you does Vastly vastly less damage then if a car drove with the same level of energy and hit you.

I doubt she'd exhaust herself. Unless Susan has better stamina for Chel. I'm honestly unsure about that.

Fair. There is only one moving target. But if Chels is able to move into the city, which she very well might, finding her will become much much harder.

The main reason the bullet does less damage is because it passes through a person, so the person actually isn't receiving the full brunt of the energy associated with the bullet. Using a shotgun is a much better example. As it has a tendency to blow entire body parts away since the bullets aren't so small that their energy carries them clean through.

If something the size of an ant concentrated 8-C levels of energy and punched my ankle, I'm pretty sure my ankle would be gone. Whereas if I received such a blow to my entire backside, the energy has more area with which to be displaced.

I'll do some research on this, however. Since it seems we disagree here. Some research appears to be the best way to demonstrate the concept to see who is correct here. If you find something, or there's a thread discussing this already, please share it with me so that I might read and learn.

I mean if y'all have questions I'm uh.

knowledgable.

ive played through the game like five different times

She wouldn't need higher stamina even. Chel would be used vastly more stamina than Susan would and drain herself far faster than Susan would drain herself

I'm saying a BB gun. Which doesn't pierce. I specifically used one so the pierce argument didn't come into play. You can take dozens of BB shots and come out fine cause it's so small and concentrated that it doesn't hurt enough. You can't keep getting hit by a car with the same level of energy though. The first time will hurt. If the first or second time doesn't knock you unconscious or kill you. The third one will. That's Chels problem. Her power is too concentrated in one area making it vastly more bearable and letting her take way more than if Chel was her size

But alright,

Back