• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nam vs E. Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Fifth (random number) match of the Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament, the opponents are Nam, from India (DB version of India) and E. Honda, from Japan!

Honda: Ahahahah! Dhalsim! Long time no see! I didn't expect to meet you here, but you look different, perhaps you changed haircut?

Nam: What? My name is Nam, and you can't see my hair... whatever. let's do this.

• Speed is equalized
  • The battle takes place in the Budokai Tenkaichi arena and the only means of victory are incapacitation and ring out, both are aware of this rule
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Honda scales to Adon who performed a 0.04 tons feat and Nam scales around Goku (or just a little below), who scales greatly above his past self, who could casually perform a 0.014 tons feat.

Nam: 8 (EliminatorVenom, N-nani, NomsNoms, Votron5, XSOULOFCINDERX, Oleggator, FluffyCreatureZ, Flashlight237)

E. Honda: 1 (BlackDarkness679)

debi2jq-e73a2de8-9cb7-4c9f-be19-0f205386ff60.png
Super_Honda.png

Last edited:
I'll have the prestige of first commenting on this match!

In AP and LS: They shouldn't be far from each other, and in fact I'd bet on Nam being the stronger one here. The LS is unfortunately very skewed to Nam's side. While Nam doesn't really uses it all that much in his fighting style, it does make E. Honda's own main fighting style very hard to pull off. Honda is the more skilled grappler, but c'mon, Class 5 V.S. Class 100. That's like a human wrestler going against an elephant. They seem mostly similar in stamina, toughness and tolerance to pain and injury, so I'll skip over to agility.

Nam has a clear advantage here, as is in average with Dragon Ball characters. Funnily enough, E. Honda is one of the very few that can really match them in singular impulse, his flying headbutt is stupidly quick and can fly quite far. Still, Nam can do the same with the arm-cross dive and is, in general, a much more acrobatic and agile fighter, fully pirouetting over foes to strike them precisely.

Skill-wise, I'd say Honda is the more experienced one and, most likely, the better one in technique when talking about exchanging and blocking blows, as he has matched much more competition from people just as tough, if not tougher, than Nam in much longer periods of time, and has trained significantly more. However, Nam is very precise and has a better control over his own body, his Shura Gekiretsuken is testamount to that. He can fully leap over a foe, and in mid-air, strike a precise pressure point on their neck. All in all, I'm tempted to say Honda is more generally skilled, but both have what the other doesn't have. Besides, it needs to be taken in account that Nam's way superior LS makes Honda's main ways of dealing damage, which is by grappling, throwing and knocking down, are almost entirely useless. Honda is still a prolific slapper and divebomber but wow this ain't good for him.

In powers and versatility, I looked up in the Dragon Ball wikia as Nam's profile is a bit lacking in descriptions. Nam has better defensive tools with his very good ki sensing, not even needing to see E. Honda to avoid his strikes, and, if we take the video games into account, he may be able to boost himself with For The Villagers. However, Honda has more offensive tools, with two ways of boosting himself rather significantly, and his headbutt dives are in general quicker and easier to land than Nam's arm cross dives. Besides, if Honda gets a lot of strikes in, which his slapping actually would make it easy, he can inflict stun to Nam, which would be quite bad.

This is a surprisingly close match, really. Nam is slightly stronger in base, more mobile, has better senses which gives him better defensive abilities, and he outright nullifies Honda's main fighting style. E. Honda can boost himself to greater levels than Nam, is in general more skilled, has greater versatility and can stun-lock him.

I'd favour Nam in this match, but it is really close, and Honda could win some times.

Nam should win with very high difficulties.

Honestly i see Honda win, his boosts and power null of ki projectiles should make get better chances at winning, Honda has a sligth little edge, unless 0.04 isnt enough against 0.014

Nam doesn't use ki projectiles, he can only sense it.

0.04 is almost 3x 0.014, but that was the level of a casual Goku pre-training. We can't say for sure how much he improved, but he surely got quite stronger, although we can't say how much.

Anyway, if you keep your vote, I'll add it.

Weird, it must refer to his ki sense, otherwise it's just an error, he never projected ki.

Without evidence, I dunno if Honda can boost himself enough to overcome Nam's nearly 3x statistical advantage, so the arguments for Nam have swayed me.
Voting Nam.

Honda's actually the one who might have the AP advantage, if you refer to that.
The biggest difference is in LS.

Kind of, but his style isn't all about restraining (although it is part of it), many of his throws have him tossing the opponent away, and his style of sumo employs many slaps, kicks, tackles and else, see his techniques section.

For this reason I don't consider this a stomp, it's not like Honda's powerless if he can't bear hug to death his opponent.

Kind of, but his style isn't all about restraining (although it is part of it), many of his throws have him tossing the opponent away, and his style of sumo employs many slaps, kicks, tackles and else, see his techniques section.

For this reason I don't consider this a stomp, it's not like Honda's powerless if he can't bear hug to death his opponent.
I see. I guess I'll retract my vote for now, then.

I think I'll take Nam. While I haven't delved into the OG Dragon Ball itself, what EliminatorVenom said should be more than enough reason for my pick to be decisive here.

Grace is over, I'm adding the match.

--------------

Nam won the match, and was allowed to proceed in the tournament.
Just when he was about to leave the arena with his usual cool demeanor, Honda got up and yelled Ahahaha! You might not be Dhalsim, but you surely are strong! Let's have some chanko stew some time, you'll be my guest!!!
Surprised by such his opponent's reaction to defeat, Nam couldn't keep himself from smiling Uh, yes, sure...I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back