• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Some years after his match with Goku (this doesn't affect the battle, it's just plot) Ryu wanted to pay a visit to the old man that gave up his match that day, and that Ryu suspected being Goku's master.
Used to travel long distances alone, reaching Roshi's island after gathering information wasn't a problem. Roshi noted his arrival, and recognizing Ryu's face, he already knew what the young fighter wanted, and he was glad to grant his wish.

• Both are 9-A
  • 21st Budokai Roshi and SFII-IV Ryu are used
  • Death is forbidden, victory is achieved by incapacitation.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Starting distance is 15 meters
  • The battle takes place on Roshi's island
  • Roshi scales to Goku, who scales greatly above his past self, who could casually perform a 0.014 tons feat and Ryu scales above his past self, who scales to Sagat, who could easily oneshot Adon who performed a 0.04 tons feat

Master Roshi:

Ryu: 7 (FluffyCreatureZ, EliminatorVenom, Gilad Hyperstar, XSOULOFCINDERX, Crimson Shadow101, Azontr, NomsNoms)

Inconclusive:

9Zvjf8I.jpg
b204222a2eda9e2f0ed4bfc5ed570bff.jpg

Last edited:
This is ryu's second key right? Oof skill aside, ryu has heat manipulation power null, status effects inducement, air manipulation and an AP advantage, roshi's advantages are lifting strength and range. Other than that they are even in stamina so I see ryu taking this with hax.

Roshi is more skilled than Goku, and has many tricks up his sleeve to give Ryu a very tough battle, but Ryu can also counter with his own abilities to make it very hard for Roshi as well

Not sure who to vote for

I really like those matches.

So, for AP, Ryu has the greater raw AP, and has more means to boost himself through EX-attacks. Roshi isn't at a complete disadvantage, however. In Dragon Ball Z, we've seen that power levels fluctuate and increase when using techniques, allowing weaker people to wound considerably stronger ones by using their abilities. So, this ain't hopeless for Roshi, just generally difficult, amplified by Ryu being able to nullify projectiles with certain attacks. Also, his LS is bonkers. Ryu's only way to avoid being grappled to death is by structural damage or hitting Roshi with something like a Focus Attack, otherwise it is lights out, which, frankly, I wouldn't bet much into. It is frankly very good for Ryu that Roshi seems to favor striking without abusing neither grappling or special ki powers.

Speed, as I've said in Kid Goku's match, in general, DB characters are way more mobile than SF characters. In this case, while I think Roshi is the more agile one, it isn't to the ridiculous point that Kid Goku is, so this is less of an advantage. Plus, this is a more experienced Ryu with way more tools in his baggage, and he has experience fighting with some of the few people that can compare to some DB characters in mobility.

Skill is tricky to talk about, as there are many pitfalls and things to analyse. In experience, Roshi has the obvious advantage, in mentality, I'd say that they are about equal, but Roshi is more likely to not take the fight as seriously as Ryu does. In a broader aspect, however, it's very hard to say. Roshi invented the Kame Style and has trained constantly over most of his life. Ryu has been noted as having incredible potential and, while he isn't a prodigy skill-wise when compared to, say, Ken, he is an extremely hard worker that has a very good mentality for a fight and trains constantly. When he faces against people who are more skilled than him, he sticks to the basics and does it well. I'd say Roshi is more skilled, but Ryu will be able to make the best of the situation.

In power, versatility and all, this is a beautiful thing to think about. They have many of the same skills, sometimes with different functions or methods, others that are very similar, hax abilities that they wouldn't exactly use in most scenarios of a fight like this... Hell, I could go on analysing their powers, how they interact with each other, but I noticed that this would be very much like a match in a fighting video game, where the two characters have a vast array of very different movements, none exactly superior or inferior, depending only in the situation and when it is used. I'll say that I think that Ryu's skills are in general more broadly useful.

In this fight, I'm more willing to bet on Ryu with high difficulties thanks to the AP advantage, but to be honest, if their power levels were closer, I'd bet on Roshi or inconclusive, as I'd see him pulling off his haxxier moves better and more consistently than Ryu. not by a wide margin, but just enough to cancel out a small AP advantage. However, with the advantage that Ryu does have, he wins.

Grace has ended, I'm adding the match.

-----------

What started as a sparring match, quickly became an intense battle, which was being enjoyed by both fighters. Master Roshi knee that the young man in front of him was full of talent, and even exceded his expectations, while Ryu was right in believing in the master's skill. Who knows, if the past had went differently, Ryu could have become Roshi's pupil instead of Goku.
Eventually, both suddenly stopped and Roshi stepped back. Ryu surely could pack a punch, and his steadness and focus proved to be a challenge for the Turtle hermit, who eventually admitted his defeat, although he gave his all in the fight, almost grasping the victory. This battle was a sign for both, not only because of the formidable opponent, but it was also a chance for improvement. Ryu went on to his endless journey, and Roshi for the second time thought that his own quest to reach new heights wasn't over yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back