• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zygarde vs Cell

Doesn't Zygarde kinda... AP stomp (Way above 1 MegaFOE vs almost 1.1 KiloFOE)? Or does Cell's regen and Zenkais let him keep up?

Paralysis Inducement can probably work...? I guess?

Otherwise I don't think Zygarde can bypass Cell's Regen so eventually Cell just gets strong enough to reverse the battle and murder Zygarde.

"Glare: Transfixes the enemy with terrifying sharp eyes, frightening it into paralysis."

Okay well, beyond my many MANY questions on how the hell this is supposed to work on Cell, I don't think this actually stops Cell from fighting since Goku (At least in the anime) was put into a coma cast and was still able to move water around and such with his Ki, plus the obvious Ki attacks such as Kiai that doesn't require you to move at all.

Is there any other way for Zygarde to bypass Low-High?

Schnee One said:
Any reason this doesn't go the same way as Doomsday vs Cell?
Doesn't Doomsday have the whole shtick where they will always come back resistant/immune to the thing that killed them?

Well yeah but that had nothing to do with the Cell fight, that would just make it Incon

It was closed because it was agreed Doomsday can just bypass through sheer AP

Schnee One said:
Well yeah but that had nothing to do with the Cell fight, that would just make it Incon
It was closed because it was agreed Doomsday can just bypass through sheer AP
Yeah, there's a thread on Cell's Regen being overwhelmed by sheer AP. Basically the thread died once people started agreeing that Cell's Regen was overwhelmed because sufficiently strong-enough Ki can vaporize targets; it's not as much the actual force but more an aspect of Ki. I think an example is Saber's Excaliblast. It's why Buu has Mid-High Regen (Regenerated from being vaporized) and, logically, why Cell's Low-High was overwhelmed (Ki blasts can Vaporize)

Other staff input (Or people with coloured names I guess) says "Trying to put a Value on how much force you need to overwhelm their regen is ridiculous", DMUA put in their own headcanon (Hey their words, not mine) which has no real bearing on the thread, and The Calaca says that 2x AP difference seems to be PIS rather than any legit thing and that, again, trying to say "X amount of AP will overwhelm their regen" is not a thing we can do.

Basically is consensus is, no. For right now, AP will not bypass Low-High unless it's shown and trying to quantify it is either PIS, outlier or just ridiculous to try and quantify.

Bob8999 said:
i dont think the AP diffrence is big enough, to do so.
AP difference between Cell and Gohan was less than 2 times yet Gohan had no trouble vaporizing him into Oblivion. From what I can see Zygarde eclipses Cell in power by way more than that

Mickey1940 said:
Bob8999 said:
AP difference between Cell and Gohan was less than 2 times yet Gohan had no trouble vaporizing him into Oblivion. From what I can see Zygarde eclipses Cell in power by way more than that
We already addressed this. It is completely asinine to try and place an AP value on Cell's Regenerationn, also there's a thread on this very thing where pretty much everybody disagreed.

Akreious said:
Mickey1940 said:
Bob8999 said:
We already addressed this. It is completely asinine to try and place an AP value on Cell's Regenerationn, also there's a thread on this very thing where pretty much everybody disagreed.
alright chill out

anyways, Cell's regen relies on some sort of specific cell located in his brain. Isn't Zygarde strong enough to destroy it? Blowing off the top of his body should do the trick

He is strong enough, what Akr is suggesting was denied by the staff and vaporizing beams superior to Teen Gohan can indeed kill Cell as determined by the staff, and even if I'm wrong, Core Enforcer negates the regen by negating passive abilities.

So yeah Zygarde wins.

Mickey1940 said:
Akreious said:
Mickey1940 said:
Bob8999 said:
alright chill out
anyways, Cell's regen relies on some sort of specific cell located in his brain. Isn't Zygarde strong enough to destroy it? Blowing off the top of his body should do the trick
you never watched the cell games did you? im like 90% certain he regened from that exact thing.

Bob8999 said:
Mickey1940 said:
Akreious said:
Mickey1940 said:
Bob8999 said:
alright chill out
you never watched the cell games did you? im like 90% certain he regened from that exact thing.
I was waiting for someone to say this

Cell's Regen:

Regenerationn (Low-High; Cell can regenerate from a special, core cell nucleus contained in his head; given that he has regenerated from having his top half blown off and from self-destructing, it is likely that this cell is able to survive extensive damage)

The damage Zygarde can deal on his is way more than anything Cell has ever encountered

except if he regenerated from a cell in his head, he would have regened top to bottom, but he regened from the top of his legs up. not for a cell in his head, from his legs.

Bob8999 said:
except if he regenerated from a cell in his head, he would have regened top to bottom, but he regened from the top of his legs up. not for a cell in his head, from his legs.
My point was that the cell in his head was able to survive Goku's Instant Kamehameha, hence why Cell survived at all. If Zygarde did the same thing to Cell, his head cell wouldn't be as lucky due to the AP gap

1: you missed the point of what i said in its entirety, 2: to do what your saying (basically oneshotting) requires (according to this sites rules.) a 7.5x AP diffrence, not a 2x diffrence.

1. then Cell's page needs to be changed

2. I can't find Zygarde's AP on this wiki. I'm basing this purely off of a comment earlier in this thread.

The 1 MegaFoe calc isn't really usable. It's in a thread and not in a blog plus it wasn't evaluated and last time I checked somebody said there was a problem with the distance. And it was agreed upon that for now the 4-B Legendaries scale to this calc since it's the general lighting up the universe calc. Perfect Zygarde scales to 3x that value which would make him 8.244 KiloFoe which is still over 7.5x stronger than Cell which means he should still be able to one shot him.

Back