• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombies of Orcus meets an immortal (Bodak vs Armstrong)

Isn't that soul manip kinda busted?
Armstrong has loads of Souls right? Plus he's an immortal with tons of weaponry and skills to use them. He just needs to beat them in time and stay out of their LoS

Probably should've given him prior knowledge and no LoS

While he does have tons of souls, I don't think he ever "switched" souls like that.

While he does have tons of souls, I don't think he ever "switched" souls like that.
Usually on characters with multiple souls, when hurt by a soul manip, it usually hits an unimportant soul unless the soul manip user has been known to be able to specifically target the main soul. On Bodak's case, it just damages a soul, that's it

Alright then.

But I just noticed his file saying "resistance to non magical physical attacks". And fire too, so Armstrong can't exactly hit hurt him and not sure if rocket would work cause fire stuff

Alright then.

But I just noticed his file saying "resistance to non magical physical attacks". And fire too, so Armstrong can't exactly hit hurt him and not sure if rocket would work cause fire stuff
OK I had to check the wiki on this

Bodak's are apparently scared of light. All Armstrong has to do is destroy a national monument and get rid of the roof over his head and the sunlight will scare it into inactivity

For that reason I'll remove the no LoS as a rockets fired at the roof work just fine

Interesting
Anyway seeing as to how Armstrong will mostly just be dodging the creature while trying to fire rockets at the roof, I shall enlighten you with Bodak's skills. An interesting thing about them is that at any moment, they can let themselves be controlled by the Demon Lord Orcus (Who oddly enough, isn't the patron god of the orcs). Anyway in terms of skill...

Warlords and Common Demons can oftentimes single-handedly take down entire armies of trained soldiers. Elite Outsiders can usually skillstomp beings like them while certain creatures are superior to them, being able to outsmart or even trick them. Gods are able to skill stomp these guys and in Orcus' case, he's one of the strongest of the demon lords and can skill stomp the generic gods

Warlords and Common Demons can oftentimes single-handedly take down entire armies of trained soldiers. Elite Outsiders can usually skillstomp beings like them while certain creatures are superior to them, being able to outsmart or even trick them.
It's a bit more complicated than that.

The Challenge Rating system measures how difficult a creature is to deal with for a group of adventurers with equal amounts of resources. The way they stomp soldiers is not necessarily because of skill, but of certain abilities that require preparation to be dealt with, like a Bodak's gaze.

Bodak's are apparently scared of light. All Armstrong has to do is destroy a national monument and get rid of the roof over his head and the sunlight will scare it into inactivity
Keep in mind, the Bodak has a bit above average wisdom compared to a human. It's not exactly stupid nor mindless. It is able to recognize the dangers of the place where it's fighting and accommodate or seek ways to mitigate any potential exposure to it's main weakness.

Keep in mind, the Bodak has a bit above average wisdom compared to a human. It's not exactly stupid nor mindless. It is able to recognize the dangers of the place where it's fighting and accommodate or seek ways to mitigate any potential exposure to it's main weakness.
Problem is they're in a building that's far away from other structures and if the whole place is destroyed by say, a bunch of RPG rounds, there isn't exactly a lot of places to hide from light

But yeah, that does help

Alright, taking a look at the Bodak's profile, it is a bit lacking. The Bodak does have some usage of stealth mastery, for example. Oh well.

-

Problem is they're in a building that's far away from other structures and if the whole place is destroyed by say, a bunch of RPG rounds, there isn't exactly a lot of places to hide from light

But yeah, that does help
And if Armstrong is able to notice the Bodak evading light exposure it might give him the idea to expose it in the first place.

The thing is: I don't see fear manipulation resistance in Armstrong's profiles, and the fear aspect is a part of the Bodak's gaze attack.

And if Armstrong is able to notice the Bodak evading light exposure it might give him the idea to expose it in the first place.
He already has prior knowledge
The thing is: I don't see fear manipulation resistance in Armstrong's profiles, and the fear aspect is a part of the Bodak's gaze attack.
Hmm... I wonder, would his Multiple Selves help in this case?

If it's soul based like Necrotic Damage, yeah
It's not necrotic damage, it's psychic damage. Necrotic Damage is it's Withering Gaze. The Bodak has two gaze attacks.

Edit: And the psychic damage is if you are resistant to the death effect.
I'm wrong about that one, sorry.

Slippery little bastard! You really baited MGRR fans into this thread didn't you? Nah you ain't greedy, you're bats-t insane!

Slippery little bastard! You really baited MGRR fans into this thread didn't you? Nah you ain't greedy, you're bats-t insane!
It literally says "...wait, wrong Armstrong" on the second sentence. Just like there's lots of people named Raiden in this wiki, there are also lots of people named Armstrong
It's not necrotic damage, it's psychic damage. Necrotic Damage is it's Withering Gaze. The Bodak has two gaze attacks.

Edit: And the psychic damage is if you are resistant to the death effect.
I'm wrong about that one, sorry.
Oh thank goodness, yeah Armstrong's souls were able to snap him out of a mind attack

This one has 3 layers. (As a DC 13 effect)

Edit: Keep in mind. This is specifically Fear, which Armstrong doesn't have resistance to listed.
Ah crap. And he can't exactly switch minds with his souls

And just in case, the Bodak just has to look at its target, right? No need to make eye contact?

Ah crap. And he can't exactly switch minds with his souls

And just in case, the Bodak just has to look at its target, right? No need to make eye contact?
The target has to look at the Bodak, and the Bodak needs to be within 30 feet for both Gaze Attacks to take effect.

And that's also while contending with it's Aura, which also works at 30 feet.

Clarification: Yes, eye contact it's necessary.

The target has to look at the Bodak, and the Bodak needs to be within 30 feet for both Gaze Attacks to take effect.

And that's also while contending with it's Aura, which also works at 30 feet.

Clarification: Yes, eye contact it's necessary.
Oh thank god, OK. I don't think a blindfold is that much of a stretch for Armstrong to have and he does just need to blow everything up. Plus he was blinded once and could still behave normally for a short time

Though that does make evasion a lot harder. I'll just give the no LoS back and uh, does that aura have the fear manip as well?

Oh thank god, OK. I don't think a blindfold is that much of a stretch for Armstrong to have and he does just need to blow everything up. Plus he was blinded once and could still behave normally for a short time

Though that does make evasion a lot harder. I'll just give the no LoS back and uh, does that aura have the fear manip as well?
The aura is necrotic, so no.

However, by trying to give Armstrong options, I'm afraid this then turns into a mismatch. Because the Bodak can't cross the distance in time before Armstrong blows up the ceiling.

The aura is necrotic, so no.

However, by trying to give Armstrong options, I'm afraid this then turns into a mismatch. Because the Bodak can't cross the distance in time before Armstrong blows up the ceiling.
Kremlin is an asymmetric building and its roofs have different heights. He's not gonna blow up the ceiling with one rocket

Kremlin is an asymmetric building and its roofs have different heights. He's not gonna blow up the ceiling with one rocket
Fair enough.

If the Bodak's profile mentioned it's stealth mastery it would be easier, lol. But as is, I think I might go with the Bodak. If Armstrong blinds himself, then the Bodak just kinda only needs to stay a little away while it's aura does the job. Specially since I would argue it will try and avoid sunlight as much as possible.

Note: The Bodak can survive direct exposure to sunlight for a solid minute.

And just to get this concluded

Bodak Zombieman FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back