• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be dumb but it's common as hell and Hitchhiker's doesn't exactly take itself seriously. Earth is being destroyed for a galactic highway and rodents rule the human race, Earth was manufactured as a computer, and the dolphins coulda left at any time but only stayed for the fish.

Also the president is a dumbass with two faces.

Eh. Could be. The thread is a bit short and simple enough.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
>Insulting The Greatest Book Series of All Time And Saying Only Suggsverse Is Worse
Excuse me sir
See, now that's a joke funnier than anything in said series.

Isn't grace only used when there are people who have voted against the winner of the fight as it is a waiting period for someone to write a rebuttal to presented points?

So shouldn't this be added immediately?

Yeah, I don't think Vecna can put him down, but if all he has to do is think this is probably incap, so it's fine.

Vecna's avatar has type 2 conceptual attacks that work on a 2-A scale

that's how he perma-kills this Nanashi iirc

The point here wasn't really that Vecna killed him. Just mindhaxed him.

Also. Vecna could... probably, and I say probably coz I don't recognize the character aside from what I seem to remember as a rather unfortunate face. Is there anything stopping Vecna from just precogging that "oh shit hey there's a guy keeping him alive" and then mindhaxing the guy?

Just curious.

I mean, part of the problem with mindhaxing Nanashi is the fact he's more a puppet of Dagda's will then something his mind has say in. So, maybe? It's come up before, and generally, the consensus is no. But don't quote me there.

Yobobojojo said:
I mean, part of the problem with mindhaxing Nanashi is the fact he's more a puppet of Dagda's will then something his mind has say in. So, maybe? It's come up before, and generally, the consensus is no. But don't quote me there.
Do you know the particulars of why the answer is no? I don't doubt it, I'd just like to see if Vecna isn't something of a special case, considering he, too, in High 6-A, is a puppet of a Tier 2 being. Himself, in fact.

Because even if Nanashi gets his mind haxed, Dagda's shenanigans kick in and he gets hijacked if things aren't going according to plan. Power steal may not work, since even Dagda taking back Nanashi's powers and life took a while to kick in in the Bonds Route, and didn't work once another Dagda was created to replace him. But admittedly I'm not 100% on all of this because I still can't figure out how to play D&D

Okay. That sounds plausible. Can Dagda be mindhaxed, though? Like what prevents that? Mindhax is the point here and deities can pretty easily access any plane in the multiverse (plane = universe)

Also, working on a rather hefty explanation blog for D&D so hopefully in like eighty years when it is done people can just read up and understand things.

Base Vecna is just a deity's mind in a 3-D body.

So since arguments seem to be done

I'm gonna wait a while longer before closing in case anyone has anything left to say, seeing as how this is a relatively momentous match

Tbf, its not hard to handwave him not believing in God despite fighting for the throne. As an example, he could just believe that they're just higher dimensional beings and divinity is just a false concept to inflate their egos or something.

Also to add about the thought thing, in DnD there was a case where a man convinced someone else that they don't exist and that person thought himself out of existence. Faith and belief are major powers in that 'verse since you can convert that belief into tangiable power and effects.

Also on topic, it should be known that this Vecna does not have usable combat precog. He only has post-cognition and it only applies to secrets that effect 500 or more people. So I guess there's still a way of figuring it out if his puppet thing was a major plot element.

wait what

Never heard of that second paragraph thing I wanna see it

also would their plot to overthrow god affect more than 500 people or what

Its from Planescape: Torment. You can also, at one point, believe so hard that you erase yourself from existence. In general DnD stuff people from the Sign of One faction attempt to debate people out of reality if my memory is correct.

so D&D has joined that club I see

Closing this, requesting it get added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back