• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeus (Marvel Comics) Lifting Strength Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
My first CRT ever

If Zeus is stronger than Atlas, who lifts the universe, his LS should be much higher than just Class Y. I'm not sure how high, but I think it should be Universal or so.

Either that, or Zeus doesn't scale to Atlas strength-wise and he keeps his Class Y rating, but loses the Atlas justification

Upgrade (Agree): 5
No Upgrade (Disagree): 1

Edit: If Zeus is getting an upgrade, I think his LS should look like this
Lifting Strength: At least Class Y (Should be comparable to Odin), likely/possibly Universal (Stronger than Atlas, who lifts the heavens/universe)
Scaling might only affect other skyfather-tier characters like Odin (probably need more input on this), unless anyone wants this for Herald-tier characters like Hercules

Last edited:
I see, I see.

I don't read Herc often, so not sure what his usual LS is. But if it's around Thor level (base), then it does seem like an outlier. Tho conceptually it makes sense.

I see, I see.

I don't read Herc often, so not sure what his usual LS is. But if it's around Thor level (base), then it does seem like an outlier. Tho conceptually it makes sense.
His profile does say his base LS is Class Y, so having a Universal LS feat would be an outlier

The story arc that features this has Hercules lift it as well. Lifting the cosmos is also weird since it implies Atlas is also lifting himself.

If we do give him a rating it should just be "possibly universal".

Are "the heavens" here explicitly defined as the Universe or just all of the air in the Earth's atmosphere?

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Anyway, going by the scan in the first post, it seems unclear if what is intended is simply the sky or the universe, but leaning toward the former, which would fit better with Hercules' power level.

Last edited:
Well, as I mentioned above, it seems unreliable to drastically upgrade the strength levels for Hercules, Zeus, Atlas, and everybody who scale to them to a universal scale based on a statement about lifting the sky.

I don't think the feat's a valid display of Universal LS, but that it's unquantifiable due to being conceptual. They don't state that he's lifting the universe, we just assume so as we see space with stars in it above him. Neither the universe or some interstellar-sized space were falling before he did so, when he was the war chief of the Titans. By doing this task forever he will still do so after Earth is no more, regardless of how he uses it to "lift the universe". By lifting/separating the heavens/father sky from mother Earth he avoids them to bear rebellious children like him, so he's using some esoteric ability that allows that to happen and needs to be performed by lifting something heavy & a bit painful by his standards, like a human would lift something heavy, be in pain and be doing a notable feat in a more realistic & literal sense.

Eficiente makes sense to me.

I don't think the feat's a valid display of Universal LS, but that it's unquantifiable due to being conceptual. They don't state that he's lifting the universe, we just assume so as we see space with stars in it above him.
Atlas is lifting Uranus presumably. Do we know what Marvel Uranus is like?

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Update #2 says his weight is variable, so that's helpful. In Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1 Cronus is said to lift ~100 "without making use of his other powers" and Zeus can lift 90 tons "without making use of his other powers".

Well, those "official lifting strength levels" are only for comparison purposes between different characters, and often misleading.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Update #2 says his weight is variable, so that's helpful. In Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1 Cronus is said to lift ~100 "without making use of his other powers" and Zeus can lift 90 tons "without making use of his other powers".
I meant more like, is Uranus really heavy or something. Like is he a living concept or just a magic dude in Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back