• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between them is that Zero's Dark Hold is universal and instant, while Sora needs to take the time to aim and it has an AoE. So I'd say that Zero has superior time hax.

Combine that with the fact that he can execute his special techniques without breaking the time stop (unlike X), and I think Sora's done for.

'If it comes to counter attacks, sora got it when he could use his magic to reflect attacks that is caused by Zero, but if Zero gets a chance to launch a powerful attack, for example: his Ittou Ryoudan Genmurei, it could break through that defense and cause some serious damage to Sora. '

Zero via superior dueling skills, low-high regen, and experience

Otherwise, this could go either way, but I'd still say Zero would have the upper hand since he's a robot who can shrug off dismemberments, unlike Sora.

Zero wins 6-7/10

Well sora could counter the Dark Hold by using one of his moves that could stop time around his enemies and deal massive damage with multiple slashes. And he could also stop time too using his magic Stopga to stop time around him also. And when Zero is dealing damage to Sora, sora could use his healing commands to heal his wounds and continue fighting. Or Sora could rush at him with a Zantetsuken or Sonic Blade, but Zero can hit him with a Rakukouha Which is virtually unblockable hence it dealing continuos damage or a Rekkoha, damaging sora indefinitely but has pauses inbetween each attack, But it will take sora time to know about this techinque and hit him with a Ars Arcanum, a near invincible attack that could lead Zero into a stun state which nullify's his ability to counter attack.

Drago Kamikaze said:
Well sora could counter the Dark Hold by using one of his moves that could stop time around his enemies and deal massive damage with multiple slashes. And he could also stop time too using his magic Stopga to stop time around him also. And when Zero is dealing damage to Sora, sora could use his healing commands to heal his wounds and continue fighting. Or Sora could rush at him with a Zantetsuken or Sonic Blade, but Zero can hit him with a Rakukouha Which is virtually unblockable hence it dealing continuos damage or a Rekkoha, damaging sora indefinitely but has pauses inbetween each attack, But it will take sora time to know about this techinque and hit him with a Ars Arcanum, a near invincible attack that could lead Zero into a stun state which nullify's his ability to counter attack.
Sora has Second Chance, that forbids single-skill combos (like skills that fastfire coups, in which stopping time to hit probably counts) from immediately killing him, plus he has all those healing skills, potions and drive forms to regenerate all HP and Mana.

I think he can survive until he learns Zero's style.

Not to mention his mana is nigh-infinite as from KH3D, his spells having now cooldowns instead of wasting a mana bar. Plus, Final Form gives him such a massive power buff I don't think Zero could just come, stop time and one-hit him.

Sora also has Graviga, a good skill for keeping Zero on his place, that is, the ground.

I really don't think Zero wins this one easily. Actually, the odds favour Sora. I vote Sora.

Most of Zero's attacks hit multiple times, and Dark Hold lasts for a pretty significant period of time though. If Sora doesn't go down in one-hit/combo there's nothing stopping Zero from doing it again (he has more than one time stop weapon). Not to mention the fact that he also has healing abilities through subtanks, E-Tanks, and Cyber Elves.

Gravity Manipulation is sort of useful, but Zero has faced plenty of gravity manipulators and has resisted and countered them.

I'd also like to mention that only a few of Zero's attacks require Weapon Energy and they don't have cooldowns most of the time, meaning that Zero can spam to his hearts' content just the same.

If Sora goes Final Form, Zero can just Awaken and basically become invulnerable to Sora's attacks (Zero shrugged off everything X could throw at him if he's not defeated in time in the bad ending). At that point Sora would probably lose since he'd be left in a state where he'd be unable to scratch Zero while Zero can just spam all of his attacks until he wins.

Reppuzan said:
Most of Zero's attacks hit multiple times, and Dark Hold lasts for a pretty significant period of time though. If Sora doesn't go down in one-hit/combo there's nothing stopping Zero from doing it again (he has more than one time stop weapon). Not to mention the fact that he also has healing abilities through subtanks, E-Tanks, and Cyber Elves.

Gravity Manipulation is sort of useful, but Zero has faced plenty of gravity manipulators and has resisted and countered them.

I'd also like to mention that only a few of Zero's attacks require Weapon Energy and they don't have cooldowns most of the time, meaning that Zero can spam to his hearts' content just the same.

If Sora goes Final Form, Zero can just Awaken and basically become invulnerable to Sora's attacks (Zero shrugged off everything X could throw at him if he's not defeated in time in the bad ending). At that point Sora would probably lose since he'd be left in a state where he'd be unable to scratch Zero while Zero can just spam all of his attacks until he wins.
How many times can Zero use Dark Hold? Besides, what happens if a timestopper sees the other timestopper is gonna timestop and timestops at the same time? This could have them be... Quite balanced.

Hmm. So gravity isn't gonna be a big deal.

Can Zero heal, tho? And is Dark Hold one of them?

How powerful is Awaken? Does he grow a tier in durability or is he just absolutely resistent and there is no sort of absurdly powerful antimatter bomb he can't No Sell?

And is Awaken ilimited in duration?

Besides, Sora is really damn hard to take down. If Awaken so much as has a time limit smaller than a few weeks (Exaggerating. Say... One, two hours), I'd bet my ass he can tank and dodge his opponent 'till it ends. His stamina is really high.

EDIT: Read his profile searching for that. Apparently, Awakening gives him "Invulnerability on X's level". If we suppose this means "He becomes Low 4-B" or "He reaches the very edge of 4-C", I'd say Sora can still scratch him with his powerful combos from Final Form, and will most certainly survive to the end of it.

Dark Hold lasts until Zero runs out of Weapon Energy, which in-game is about 10 seconds (which is a lot of time for FTL characters). The other Time Stopper is less broken in that Zero actually has to aim and hit his opponent, but given the fact that he regularly draws beads on super-fast Reploids I doubt that will be an issue unless Sora deflects it with his Keyblades.

As i mentioned earlier, Zero also has healing abilities in the form of E-Ranks, Subtanks and Cyber Elves, all of whom restore him back to full health.

In-game, Awakening mode is unlimited since it's his true power.

Reppuzan said:
Dark Hold lasts until Zero runs out of Weapon Energy, which in-game is about 10 seconds (which is a lot of time for FTL characters). The other Time Stopper is less broken in that Zero actually has to aim and hit his opponent, but given the fact that he regularly draws beads on super-fast Reploids I doubt that will be an issue unless Sora deflects it with his Keyblades.

As i mentioned earlier, Zero also has healing abilities in the form of E-Ranks, Subtanks and Cyber Elves, all of whom restore him back to full health.

In-game, Awakening mode is unlimited since it's his true power.
If it's perceived as 10 s but he is FTL, then I guess it isn't truly 10 s?

Well, Sora can most surely deflect it with keyblades, shoot back with Reflega, all that stuff.

Hmm. That balances them on these terms. Does he have any limit to Stamina or have it unstated/not shown?

Should such a thing even count, then? If it's featless except for stomping everyone else and shows no limits, it would just make this a stomp battle or something. We should count only his normal form.

I feel this battle will be decided by Stamina, which Sora has enough to spare.

Mandfireguy21 said:
Zero's Stamina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sora's stamina

Zero can fight 1 year straight with no rest, Sora doesn't come close to that.

Sirius The EM Troll said:
Mandfireguy21 said:
Zero's Stamina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sora's stamina

Zero can fight 1 year straight with no rest, Sora doesn't come close to that.
But Sora could restore stamina as long as he can use his curaga spell, because that spell actually can restore stamina too as seen in a cutscene in KH2, so he would have something like limitless stamina

He can't do it indefinitely.

Also, if Zero cuts off Sora's arm, that's the end of it, Sora will be incapacitated and at Zero's mercy. The reverse does not come to play however, due to Zero's regen and robotic anatomy.

Not really when Zero's Time Stopping abilities are blatantly superior along with his armor-piercing energy attacks that cannot be stopped by any sort of shielding.

But actually Sora can't be OHK (second chance ability) and after being hit he would heal instantly, and if Zero stops time i think his attacks would result as a combo to Sora, who can survive that (once more ability)

For me this battle is either inconclusive or for Sora with high difficulty

(Sorry for bad english, it's not my main language)

Mandfireguy21 said:
Sirius The EM Troll said:
Can Sora regenerate from being torn to bloody paste?
Probably.
I very highly doubt it. I could understand repairing an arm or leg being sliced off mid-fight, but that's a bit much with assumptions.

Anyway, this battle is pretty close, but I'm going to vote for Zero.

Normally Zero has an extreme speed advantage, but that's taken away so whatever.

Zero's time manipulation is not only superior to Sora's, but Sora's time manipulation is useless since X's own dark hold is blatantly superior to Sora's and can't do anything still, so there's no way Zero will be frozen in time or through spatial manipulation as Zero is highly resistant if not immune to both.

Sora was around 4.22 Foe last I checked, while Zero is at least 7 Foe via power scaling since he defeated Omega+Dark Elf, both of which were individually stronger than Mega Man X Era Mega Man X by a significant margin, who was 3.5 Foe. So Zero has a solid power and dura advantage over Zero on top of being a robot, which like Sirius said, means he can shrug off injuries that would cripple his adversary and keep fighting on and has more stamina since in MMZ 2 he's effectively been fighting without any rest or breathers whatsoever for a year straight after defeated Copy X, after defeating the X Guardians and after storming a city alone against a massive army a mooks.

Most of the other stuff has been said by Reppuzan, but another thing worth noting is that Zero has far more combat experience than Sora (hundreds of years vs a 16 year-old who started training at an undetermined age IICR).

But most importantly since I feel this will be decided by melee, Zero's weapon is far more versatile than Sora's Keyblade in that it has many forms like whips, swords, tonfa's and more.

Both have Regenerationn, but Cyber Elf regen should be superior to X's Low-High regen so there's that. Pretty sure Sora doens't have regen anywhere close to that.

So IMO Zero wins with Mid-High Difficulty.

Hmm. Just here to see the tally so far.

From what i can seem to gather, it's now 2 for Sora, but 3 for Zero. Not sure about Drago's comment since i can't tell if he's voting for Sora or not. It's too hard to know properly tbh.

I have a name, man. Just pointing that out.

Well i wasn't intending to be here but alright. Well the thing for Zero is that everyone has pointed out what he has in comparison to what Sora can do....so as much as i really like Sora, i don't think he can handle much well against Zero. It's true that he could use things like the Drive forms to instantly heal his stuff up as well as being able to take a hit and all, but Zero seems like somebody that can take any of it and eventually beat Sora and whatnot going by what was said above.

So yeah, Zero gets this more for me here than Sora from the looks of things here so far...

Mmm... voting Sora due to transmutation and that they're roughly similar in every other way.

Aparajita said:
Mmm... voting Sora due to transmutation and that they're roughly similar in every other way.
Zero is immune to that kinda stuff so I don't think that's going to work, nor will most of Sora's hax. That said tho, the same could be said for Sora resisting Zero's hax.

this is my first time on this site so I do not know if it is necessary to register or if I can vote but I wanted to give my opinion as to sora.

I played his first games then here is my opinion as the advantages to zero.

my vote goes to sora.

Immunity moments: sora has many skills that make him invulnerable. dodge roll (only the beginning), quick run, reflect. using abilities with some summons, after guarding, healing, using items, aerial counter, aerial recovery.

from what I read zero can stop time too but nothing could be done if this was done while in one of these skills.

(He has reflexes enough to realize such things as demonstrated in some fights).

he can not be KO'd quickly, even for massive damage single or combos.

he can defend attacks from any angle (all round guard).

and has the ability counterguard that opens the guard of the enemy and can also stop their attacks. 'It can only be used while defending'.

if thrown in the air you can use aerial counter or aerial recovery.

but I think the zero would be difficult to avoid would be reflect that can block all missile and can avoid all physical damage (not by blocking them but as said he is invulnerable) and when it breaks it explodes causing damage to anyone is near.

he can summon peterpan to keep healing and atacking. and use aero as a shield to decrease the damage.

Naormalgamer said:
Immunity moments: sora has many skills that make him invulnerable. dodge roll (only the beginning), quick run, reflect. using abilities with some summons, after guarding, healing, using items, aerial counter, aerial recovery.

from what I read zero can stop time too but nothing could be done if this was done while in one of these skills.

(He has reflexes enough to realize such things as demonstrated in some fights).

he can not be KO'd quickly, even for massive damage single or combos.

he can defend attacks from any angle (all round guard).

and has the ability counterguard that opens the guard of the enemy and can also stop their attacks. 'It can only be used while defending'.

if thrown in the air you can use aerial counter or aerial recovery.

but I think the zero would be difficult to avoid would be reflect that can block all missile and can avoid all physical damage (not by blocking them but as said he is invulnerable) and when it breaks it explodes causing damage to anyone is near.

he can summon peterpan to keep healing and atacking. and use aero as a shield to decrease the damage.
Zero does too

No limits fallacy when Zero is significantly stronger

Okay

No, pretty sure that's just fast reflexes

Neither can Zero, given he's quantifiably stronger

Game Mechanics

Zero has aerial recovery too.

What? Zero has explosives too

Zero could easily figure this out and proceed to kill Peter Pan. Plus he has the more difficult to kill Cyber Elves that heal him back to full health

sorry my english I meant projectiles ( on missile part)

all round guard is an ability, not game mechancs.(on 358\2 and recoded you need to equip it but on kh2 you already have it on guard) i thnk its called round block

summons cannot be killed only allies in battle.(in case sora is alone so he can use only limit form)

using limit form abilities heals him.

he can use status effect to have more advantege in battle.(I do not think zero would have difficulty with blindness, but fear could make him hesitate in some attacks and opening several holes in his guard. and confusion would be a big problem.)

be more powerful does not guarantee many difficulties against sora. (as in the battle against Lexaeus).

in my opinion both can deal huge amount of damage, stop time, heal. but i think sora could stand the victory(not by power) because of his abilities. i think he could stand more time than zero.

`no power lasts forever but I think sora would last longer`.

It's fine

Fair enough.

No limits fallacy. Peter Pan is a 10-A character while a Cyber Elf is much more survivable.

So do using Subtanks, Cyber-Elves, and more.

Zero doesn't have a brain or pheromones for fear and he's more skilled than Sora is. Zero's been hit with blinding light before so it's a non-issue. Zero is far too experienced to be confused in a 1v1 duel.

Zero is over 2x stronger than MMX Era Mega Man X (who is 3.5218 Foe) since he beat Omega and Dark Elf, who are both > X, while Sora is 4.22 Foe. 7.0436 divided by 4.22 is 1.66x, give or take. Being over 25% stronger than someone is enough for a definitive edge, 50% is enough for a borderline beatdown, especially when the combatants are nigh-equal everywhere else.

Zero's healing is faster and more significant (cyber elfs instantly heal everything), Zero is immune to time stops while Sora is completely helpless to them, Zero's summoned characters aren't going to be killed if one combatant flicks the air in front of them (looking at pan)

Not when Zero has better healing, better stamina, and more importantly, due to being a robot, can fight while dismembered. Sora, being only human, would be crippled if he lost an arm or leg, while Zero could just keep fighting on.

It's also worth noting that Zero has considerably better fighting skills than Sora since he's FARRRRR more experienced, and more importantly, most if not all of Sora's hax are things that Zero is resistant or outright immune to.

as sora increase his status, his summons increase as well do both are 4-c.( i think still learning how this site works)

confusion is a status caused by magic so i dot think experience could protect him. (fear as well since he uses on heartless, heartless are devoid of emotion)

I do not use numbers but in the battle against Lexaeus shows a difference of power.with sora as 100 and Lexaeus grew up to 99999 then the percentage you already know.

sora`s healing its also fast, even if it takes some time so means more immunity time.

and as I said sora can be immune if zero try to stop time. or he can even use reflect that protects him from anything.

I do not know if zero can dismember sora. since he already showed extreme resistance to blades.(almost every enemy he fought atacks by piercing and slashing) (but lets call it a battle between heroes so i dont think they would kill each other but you can skip this part)

and the keyblade is a special weapon made by the strengh of the heart wilder, his effects varies depending of the enemy. zero cant be immune to the keyblade, thats why im sayng so many ways to sora atack him.

and on info about zero`s stamina says he can be slowed down with continuous damage and requires maintenance from time to time.

thats why i keep my vote to sora

1) This scaling rule has already been discussed and it has been declared that Sora is scaled down to whatever World he's in rather than the other way around.

2) Zero has forced his way through all sorts of status effects and trudged on even as he began to question his own cause in X4. So kind doubt it will hinder him that much.

3) We don't use multipliers here.

4) Zero could just knock his health down again.

5) Sora has not shown a resistance to Time Manipulation. Reflect doesn't work on hax (i.e. it didn't stop Sora from getting the countdown timer against Marluxia)

6) Could be more cartoon physics than anything.

7) This I'll agree with. The Keyblade is a legitimate weapon no matter what foe Sora faces. Otherwise it wouldn't have worked against the skyscrapers Xemnas threw at him.

8) Hardly applicable in a fight. He continued to fight while burning up in reentry and continued to function for short periods of time even after being cut in half.

1)im new on the site so i didnt knew, sorry

2)this still does not mean that he is immune to the status.(i think) (i didnt understood this part so well)

3)i told i do not use numbers but you know why i said that. just look to the answer above.

4)both are fighting sora wouldnt just let that happen. thats why i keep sayng both will be recieving damage and healing but sora would stand more time.

5)its used before the battle begins. and protects him against the number decreasing so that will only reach 0 if he allows it.

6)he is a game character, what happens there is what we use to identify his status.

8)just showed that because of the slowed down by continuous damage since sora normally atacks with combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back