• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeno can predict the future

The context clearly means Zen'oh just predicted what he think that will happen.

Daishinkan itself says that if a foresaw wish was made, Zen'oh would have erased everything, which immediatly invalidates the statement he saw the future that will happen without a doubt.

It's not precognition, just Zen'oh guessing something as I can guess the result of a football match, for example

Daishinkan never stated that Zeno thinks/guess/predict though. He clearly stated that Zeno foresaw the outcome, couldn’t be clearer than that. And that “if” was just a response to Beerus and it never happened. Zeno foresaw the outcome that the warrior winning the tournament will make a wish to revive all other universes and it’s entirely consistent with what we have seen.

Zen'oh foresaw the outcome as any normal person can foresaw the outcome of any sport match. Just because the outcome was the same he predicted, it doesn't gran precognition, as well as no human has precognition by foreseeing the outcome of the ToP because it was kinda obvious U7 was gonna win.

And how is it consistent? There is literally no other feat to back it up, and the feat itself is vague.

What are you talking about? Of course we knew U7 will win, that is the plot of the series, we are 3D viewers while Zeno is 2D compared to us. And what vagueness are there in the feat? Zeno’s foresaw outcome matched 100% with the event in the anime, and it is backed up by Daishinkan, which is literally words of god. Mind you, there are countless wishes that would have been made and Zeno predicted/foresaw the exact wish that will be made.

What are you talking about? Of course we knew U7 will win, that is the plot of the series, we are 3D viewers while Zeno is 2D compared to us.
It's just one example. Wanna one from the real world? Any person who wins horse races bets. They foresaw what would happen, does it mean they can see the future? No.
And what vagueness are there in the feat?
That literally anyone can foresaw the future and the future can match their prediction.
Zeno’s foresaw outcome matched 100% with the event in the anime
And? Anyone can foresee the outcome of any match and such outcome can match their prediction, yet not because of that they have prediction
, and it is backed up by Daishinkan, which is literally words of god.
Who literally said Zen'oh would have erased everything if a selfish wish was made. If the future was absolute, he wouldn't have even thought or said what could have happened if the outcome was different.

The feat itself is vague as hell, and you're trying to argue it's precognition just because a not well known God did it.

If I do a competition where many rich people participates and I foresee the one who wins will donate the money and the outcome of the competition is what I predicted, do I have precognition? No. Just a benevolent mind that thinks people'll be good enough to put the others, the correct, before my selfish wishes. Same happens to Zen'oh here

"Foresaw" is also word used to denote prediction, so it should be analyzed within different contexts. As others have said, this is not precogniton here.

I knew that “foresaw” could mean many things. But again, precognition uses also varies. Straight from the page: Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities. Given this wide variety of methods, any given user's form of Precognition and its limitations should be described on their page. Zeno not only predicted exactly who will win, but the wish that will be made, despite the fact A17 was massively weaker than not just LB Jiren and UI Goku, but also SSBE Vegeta and GoD Toppo as well, and if’s not seeing the future, it would be some type of prediction.

But we have enough evidence though. Daishinkan’s statement and Zeno’s feat himself.
Several people already told you guessing something is not precognition. Even a human child can do so without analytical prediction
I mean, Goku literally have analytical prediction for predicting 0.1s of the future. I don’t see why Zeno can’t have that?
Are you really comparing Goku's feat with Zen'oh? Anyway, just because one character of the verse has that, it doesn't mean Zen'oh also has it, and Zen'oh was stated not to be a skilled fighter

Several people already told you guessing something is not precognition. Even a human child can do so without analytical prediction

Are you really comparing Goku's feat with Zen'oh? Anyway, just because one character of the verse has that, it doesn't mean Zen'oh also has it, and Zen'oh was stated not to be a skilled fighter
Never said if a character in a verse have an ability, then Zeno will have it. I was saying that their feat are the same, both predicted the future and both feats are supported by statements, I would even argue that Zeno’s feat are better because he predicted literally the whole tournament, not only who will win but also what wish will be made. Yes we can predict things, but most of them are based on observation, we predict a football match usually by how strong they are, their current forms,… Here A17 was massively weaker than Jiren, Goku, Vegeta and Toppo and even then, A17 literally stated that he would wish for a boat or something earlier, but in the end, he still wish to revive the universes.

Never said if a character in a verse have an ability, then Zeno will have it. I was saying that their feat are the same,
No, they aren't. Zen'oh just guessed what could've happened as any human can do, Goku, meanwhile, guessed what Hit would do and where would he be.
both predicted the future and both feats are supported by statements,
Only in your headcanon. Goku's feat is a true precognition feat.

Zen'oh's, meanwhile, as everyone here told you, is just guessing something
I would even argue that Zeno’s feat are better because he predicted literally the whole tournament, not only who will win but also what wish will be made.
Headcanon, Daishinkan only said Zen'oh knew the winner would restore the universe, not that Zen'oh knew what would happen in the entire tournament of power, or that A17 was the winner. If he really knew it, he won't try to pull the button to eliminate Goku the first time he used Ultra Instinct, for example
Yes we can predict things, but most of them are based on observation, we predict a football match usually by how strong they are, their current forms,…
...and we can predict things based on our opinion, ideals, hope, etc. Zen'oh just hoped the winner will do something heroic like any child-like person (which he is) will do
Here A17 was massively weaker than Jiren, Goku, Vegeta and Toppo and even then, A17 literally stated that he would wish for a boat or something earlier, but in the end, he still wish to revive the universes.
And?

Made a If/So scenario
Knew the outcome making the existence of the If/So scenario irrelevant.

Someone tell me in what earth does it make sense that Zeno would make such a stance whilst already knowing the outcome would make having said stance would be irrelevant. Far too vague to make such a claim.

Here my main arguments why Zeno can predict the future:
1) Daishinkan stated that “ Zeno-Sama foresaw the outcome”, foresaw could mean many things, but in this context, I will use predict.
2) Zeno’s prediction matched what happened in the anime.
Some counter arguments could be it is a lucky guess work or he just hopes.
First of all, Daishinkan never stated that Zeno hopes, he only stated that Zeno “foresaw”.
Secondly, Zeno predicted who will win and what wish will be made. It could be a lucky guess work, however, A17 in the tournament was massively weaker than Goku,Jiren, Vegeta and Toppo, which would hurt his chance of winning. In earlier episode, A17 also stated that if he won the tournament, he would wish for a boat but in the end, he still wish to revive other universes, which further supports Zeno’s prediction is not a lucky guess work.

Here my main arguments why Zeno can predict the future:
1) Daishinkan stated that “ Zeno-Sama foresaw the outcome”, foresaw could mean many things, but in this context, I will use predict.
Already debunked
2) Zeno’s prediction matched what happened in the anime.
This is not an argument, though
Some counter arguments could be it is a lucky guess work or he just hopes.
First of all, Daishinkan never stated that Zeno hopes, he only stated that Zeno “foresaw”.
Secondly, Zeno predicted who will win and what wish will be made. It could be a lucky guess work, however, A17 in the tournament was massively weaker than Goku,Jiren, Vegeta and Toppo, which would hurt his chance of winning.
How does this support Zen'oh's precognition? Zen'Oh never said A17 would win, he just said the winner would take the universes back. It May be A17, or any other character who regretted his selfish wish and thought taking the universes back is a better wish as A17 said
In earlier episode, A17 also stated that if he won the tournament, he would wish for a boat but in the end, he still wish to revive other universes, which further supports Zeno’s prediction is not a lucky guess work.
How does it proof that?

How does this support Zen'oh's precognition? Zen'Oh never said A17 would win, he just said the winner would take the universes back. It May be A17, or any other character who regretted his selfish wish and thought taking the universes back is a better wish as A17 said
Btw , I’m not arguing for precognition anymore, just future prediction.

2. You take Grand Priest's statement too serious and out of context
Why would I not take Daishinkan’s statement serious. His word holds more value than even Whis, whose statements we take as facts. And out of context? Daishinkan stated that Zeno foresaw the outcome, which essentially means predict the outcome, which is literally what I’m arguing for.

Why would I not take Daishinkan’s statement serious. His word holds more value than even Whis, whose statements we take as facts.
it doesn't matter here, he said Zeno foresaw the result, nothing more. The statement is too vague, leave too much room for intepretation, no solid back-up. We can all agree if he downright say, Zeno can see the future but no.................
While we do give people analytical prediction, a type of psuedo-precognition, Zeno is not even qualify because he predict one or two results

Back