• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zanza Intelligence

Zanza1
Zanza stating the Passage of Fate Dictates everything

Zanza3
Zanza can see into the passage of fate.

Zanza should be upgraded, as he's allowed to see everything that will happen.
Nigh-Omniscience right?

Zanza does have pre-cognition, but through this pre-cognition he is able to see into the thing that decides the future of everyone and everything in the universe isn't that Nigh-Omniscience?

Actually let me rephrase.

The passage of fate is what dictates everything/everyone in the universe.

Alvis later states that through shulk's visions shulk was able to alter the passage of fate (because he was able to see it as well)

In the final boss fight Zanza being able to see into the Passage of Fate is null and void, as Shulk's visions have just become to powerful (Shown through the fact Shulk can have visions and Zanza cannot)

It is still most likely just powerful precognition.

I'm still arguing for the former.

Not only did Zanza create the universe, if he's able to peer into a thing(The Passage of fate) that lets him see everything that will happen in the universe since its creation I would believe it to be above just simple precognition.

If you have a good reason on why it's just powerful precognition instead of the former, that'd be cool, I can probably get more information about the passage of fate. But since it's a thing that literally plans out everyone's lives, and everyone/everything's knowledge i don't know how it's not Nigh-Omniscience.

Zanza can peer into the passage of fate via precogn, but he is not nigh-omniscient by his own.

But since he can look into with his own precog doesn't that make him nigh-omniscient.

Shulk's visions are just so much more powerful than his (and the fact that shulk lives outside the passage of fate) that Zanza's visions were worthless.

Can you explain how being able to peer into a thing that dictates EVERYTHING in the universe wouldn't make him nigh-omniscent tho? I'm failing to understand.

Just because you can see something from all over history =/= knowing about everything. Universal creators are also not automatically nigh-omniscient either.

I'm pretty sure it fits with the definition of nigh-omniscient. If you can see everything that has ever and will ever happen with in the universe you would in theory know everything.

Zackaryzac said:
I'm pretty sure it fits with the definition of nigh-omniscient. If you can see everything that has ever and will ever happen with in the universe you would in theory know everything.
Has there ever been anything that says he can see all this at once?

It should be heavily implied, he was able to know the moment of his revival which was thousands of millions of years in the future since his battle with mayneth (The near beginning of the universe)

I get your point, but I still just don't understand how being able to see the fate, existance, and everything that will every happen to the universe and its inhabitants wouldn't be considered a form of nigh-omniscents. Or at least extremly close to it.

Also not sure if this helps, but Zanza also states later that he should be one with the passage of fate as he has not only his monado, but Mayneths. (But again as mentioned shulk's powerful visions/will prevent Zanza from seeing anymore)

Perhaps we should sclose this thread.

Back