• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zane (Ninjago) should be Upgraded

In Ninjago Season 3 Episode 8, Zane managed to Destroy the Overlord in his Golden Master Form when he grabbed onto the Golden Armor and absorbed the Power of the Golden Armor (although it also destroyed him in the process). I think it should state him as Low 2-C somewhere.

Last edited:
I was thinking about it and I am actually thinking the Golden Power likely doesn't work without the 4 Elements of Creation. When Zane grabs onto and Absorbs the Golden Armor he strips that away from the Overlord meaning he can Destroy him. Plus the Golden Armor doesn't Protect Overlord from the Power Boosted Zane as it comes out without any scraps. Wu and Garmadon believed they could defeat Overlord before he got the Golden Armor an Episode prior. Most of Season 3 isn't very well communicated to the Audience and can be kinda confusing to the Audience but I think this makes more sense so perhaps no boost for Zane.

He should be up to Low 2-C with absorption
Maybe. Season 3 doesn't communicate well with it's audience so it really depends on how you interpret what happened. My Theory right now is that Overlord needed the Elements of Creation to use his Golden Power in the First Place and when he had the Golden Armor and Elements of Creation Absorbed he couldn't use his Golden Power. But that's just a Theory based on Evidence from the Series so Zane could very well still be Low 2-C with Absorption.

I disagree, that feat is undoubtedly an outlier, and the Ninjago scaling over all seems wacky as hell.

Disagree fra, also he wouldnt scale to it anyways since it killed him with the other characters saying it would

I disagree, that feat is undoubtedly an outlier, and the Ninjago scaling over all seems wacky as hell.
If you read my previous replies I actually looked a bit more into it and now I believe that when he absorbed the Golden Armor he took the Elements of Creation rendering Overlord unable to use his Golden Power thus Weakening him.

We know when he returned from the Digiverse even Wu and Garmadon believed they could take him and the 4 Elements of Creation were needed to make him the Golden Master (which he would've gotten from Lloyd had it not been interrupted) not to mention Lloyd needed the Elements of Creation to become the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master.

Disagree fra, also he wouldnt scale to it anyways since it killed him with the other characters saying it would
I mean are there other characters that have done similar sacrifices (where the Power that they couldn't handle destroyed them) that have still been upgraded to that tier?

If you read my previous replies I actually looked a bit more into it and now I believe that when he absorbed the Golden Armor he took the Elements of Creation rendering Overlord unable to use his Golden Power thus Weakening him.

We know when he returned from the Digiverse even Wu and Garmadon believed they could take him and the 4 Elements of Creation were needed to make him the Golden Master (which he would've gotten from Lloyd had it not been interrupted) not to mention Lloyd needed the Elements of Creation to become the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master.
That's Low 2-C absorption at best which wouldn't apply to AP.

Disagree. This scene is literally the most outlier feat in the entire Ninjago whatsoever, Zane lost his half of power source, couldn’t even do Spinjitzu, and almost got to the critical mass, and also just to mention, this “feat” involves massive PIS from the Overlord’s side.

Disagree. This scene is literally the most outlier feat in the entire Ninjago whatsoever, Zane lost his half of power source, couldn’t even do Spinjitzu, and almost got to the critical mass, and also just to mention, this “feat” involves massive PIS from the Overlord’s side.
What does not being able to do Spinjitzu have to do with what Zane did? Also how do you know Overlord could even use his Golden Power whilst it was being absorbed?

What does not being able to do Spinjitzu have to do with what Zane did? Also how do you know Overlord could even use his Golden Power whilst it was being absorbed?
His Golden Power was not reliant of Golden Armor, he already absorbed 90%+ of Golden Power before the Armor even came. Zane not being able to do spinjitzu shows how weak he was…

His Golden Power was not reliant of Golden Armor, he already absorbed 90%+ of Golden Power before the Armor even came. Zane not being able to do spinjitzu shows how weak he was…
Rewatch the last couple episodes of Rebooted. Overlord says he's in a Weakened State and both Wu and Garmadon believe they can take him. It's pretty clear that he lost that power when the Ninja interrupted the transference as it only ended up giving him a new Physical Form. Even if you still believe he had that 90% Power in there somewhere then it still has to be reliant on the Golden Armor since he won't be able to use it without it or else what I said prior wouldn't make sense. Also, I don't recall any statements about Zane being necessarily "Weaker" but even so he should still be more than capable of Absorbing the Power of the Golden Armor with the Stone Armor equipped.

Last edited:
Rewatch the last couple episodes of Rebooted. Overlord says he's in a Weakened State and both Wu and Garmadon believe they can take him. It's pretty clear that he lost that power when the Ninja interrupted the transference as it only ended up giving him a new Physical Form. Even if you still believe he had that 90% Power in there somewhere then it still has to be reliant on the Golden Armor since he won't be able to use it without it or else what I said prior wouldn't make sense. Also, I don't recall any statements about Zane being necessarily "Weaker" but even so he should still be more than capable of Absorbing the Power of the Golden Armor with the Stone Armor equipped.
1. Overlord wouldn't have a physical body if he didn't absorbed 90% of Lloyd's Golden Power (bro was able to walk and move around as well before even used the Golden Weapons💀)
2. Tommy stated that GM is above Dragon Overlord, who could fought off USM, and USM himself is leagues above Zane
image.png

3.He died by trying to absorb Golden Master's powers (The Golden Armor was also empowered by the GP that Overlord absorbed obviously)
image.png

4. A far weaker version of Overlord did this to Wu (with the Dragon Armor btw) and easly took on and defeated Oni Garmadon, who is again leagues above Zane

5.Golden Master can negate Zane's Golden Armor, so he can't even proprely absorb his powers
image.png

Conclusion? Golden Master negs Zane, and Zane doesn't scale close to him in base

Author statements will only be accepted when they clarify what has been shown or implied in the series itself, and will be rejected when they contradict what has been shown to the audience. Statements that technically do not contradict anything shown in the series will still be rejected if there is no evidence that they are accurate.

1. Overlord wouldn't have a physical body if he didn't absorbed 90% of Lloyd's Golden Power (bro was able to walk and move around as well before even used the Golden Weapons💀)
2. Tommy stated that GM is above Dragon Overlord, who could fought off USM, and USM himself is leagues above Zane
image.png

3.He died by trying to absorb Golden Master's powers (The Golden Armor was also empowered by the GP that Overlord absorbed obviously)
image.png

4. A far weaker version of Overlord did this to Wu (with the Dragon Armor btw) and easly took on and defeated Oni Garmadon, who is again leagues above Zane

5.Golden Master can negate Zane's Golden Armor, so he can't even proprely absorb his powers
image.png

Conclusion? Golden Master negs Zane, and Zane doesn't scale close to him in base
1.) It was quite clearly proven in the show that Overlord could not use the Golden Power he got from Lloyd due to the transference interruption and Overlord being literally stated to be extremely weak and even when he was able to move around Wu and Garmadon believed they could beat him. Even if he does carry over the Golden Power and the Golden Armor completes his Golden Power it would still be reliant on the Golden Armor.

2-4.) None of these points have anything at all to do with the circumstances in Season 3 nor do they help your point. (Also, it was never once stated that Lloyd's Golden Power enhanced the Golden Armor. Now you're making stuff up.)

5.) He clearly didn't say anything about Negation. He clearly said that Overlord was growing more Powerful. He was able to grab and overpower the Ninja with the Stone Armor but Zane clearly still had enough Durability from it to use the Golden Armor's Power against The Overlord long enough to destroy both of their physical forms.

1.) It was quite clearly proven in the show that Overlord could not use the Golden Power he got from Lloyd due to the transference interruption and Overlord being literally stated to be extremely weak and even when he was able to move around Wu and Garmadon believed they could beat him. Even if he does carry over the Golden Power and the Golden Armor completes his Golden Power it would still be reliant on the Golden Armor.

2-4.) None of these points have anything at all to do with the circumstances in Season 3 nor do they help your point. (Also, it was never once stated that Lloyd's Golden Power enhanced the Golden Armor. Now you're making stuff up.)

5.) He clearly didn't say anything about Negation. He clearly said that Overlord was growing more Powerful. He was able to grab and overpower the Ninja with the Stone Armor but Zane clearly still had enough Durability from it to use the Golden Armor's Power against The Overlord long enough to destroy both of their physical forms.
By that logic, anyone after S3 > FSM, which doesn't make sense at all

Overlord quite literally says that he is finally free compared to his Dragon Form and Digiverse Form. The only reason why his body was initially weak is due to Ninjas interfering with his transformation but this was solved via Golden Armor. And it still shouldn't have killed him lol, his power far surpasses Golden Armor's. Also Zane's "feat" literally fits criteria 3, 4, and 5 in Outlier page.

Overlord quite literally says that he is finally free compared to his Dragon Form and Digiverse Form. The only reason why his body was initially weak is due to Ninjas interfering with his transformation but this was solved via Golden Armor. And it still shouldn't have killed him lol, his power far surpasses Golden Armor's. Also Zane's "feat" literally fits criteria 3, 4, and 5 in Outlier page.
He says that because A: He isn't bound by Garmadon and B: He isn't stuck inside the Digiverse. That doesn't mean that this form without the Golden Armor is more Powerful than his other forms. Especially considering that literally nothing in the show indicates that. The majority of his Power as the Golden Master is reliant on his Golden Armor as well as his Mastery of it's Power. Yes, his body was initially weak due to the Ninja interfering. Exactly what I said earlier. There is not any evidence to back up this form surpassing the Power of the Golden Armor and if that was the case and his Dark Power was Greater than the Golden Armor than that would quite literally contradict the entire plot of Season 3. The Writers themselves say that Zane Absorbed the Power of the Golden Armor, something I am quite literally saying myself. Points 2-4 didn't debunk a shit thing I was saying. Zane died absorbing the Power of the Golden Armor and it didn't transfer over to his New Body which is all I'm saying. It isn't out of the ******* picture cause if any of you actually watched the show you'd see multiple instances of characters far weaker than the Ninja (and the Ninja themselves) surviving the Golden Weapons for good periods of time. We see Cole Survive holding the Mega Weapon in Season 2 and in the Same Season we see a Pirate hold the Mega Weapon for a while before being vaporized. Zane with Stone Armor should be more than enough to absorb the Golden Armor's Power and use it against Overlord. There is no "Plot Armor" involved (the most common excuse I see over and over again) when there are quite literally multiple in universe explanations for this. If you actually watched the show you'd get this. Was Zane Low 2-C for a Brief Period despite his Body being destroyed in the process? Doubt it. Zane Absorbed most of the Golden Armor's Power as the Writer's themselves said. But he also likely didn't have the same mastery over it that the Overlord has and Overlord was also weakened in the process. There's also the fact that Overlord was still growing in strength which could imply he didn't reach his Full Potential as the Golden Master (which again, would make this make a lot more sense feat wise).

He says that because A: He isn't bound by Garmadon and B: He isn't stuck inside the Digiverse. That doesn't mean that this form without the Golden Armor is more Powerful than his other forms. Especially considering that literally nothing in the show indicates that. The majority of his Power as the Golden Master is reliant on his Golden Armor as well as his Mastery of it's Power. Yes, his body was initially weak due to the Ninja interfering. Exactly what I said earlier. There is not any evidence to back up this form surpassing the Power of the Golden Armor and if that was the case and his Dark Power was Greater than the Golden Armor than that would quite literally contradict the entire plot of Season 3. The Writers themselves say that Zane Absorbed the Power of the Golden Armor, something I am quite literally saying myself. Points 2-4 didn't debunk a shit thing I was saying. Zane died absorbing the Power of the Golden Armor and it didn't transfer over to his New Body which is all I'm saying. It isn't out of the ******* picture cause if any of you actually watched the show you'd see multiple instances of characters far weaker than the Ninja (and the Ninja themselves) surviving the Golden Weapons for good periods of time. We see Cole Survive holding the Mega Weapon in Season 2 and in the Same Season we see a Pirate hold the Mega Weapon for a while before being vaporized. Zane with Stone Armor should be more than enough to absorb the Golden Armor's Power and use it against Overlord. There is no "Plot Armor" involved (the most common excuse I see over and over again) when there are quite literally multiple in universe explanations for this. If you actually watched the show you'd get this. Was Zane Low 2-C for a Brief Period despite his Body being destroyed in the process? Doubt it. Zane Absorbed most of the Golden Armor's Power as the Writer's themselves said. But he also likely didn't have the same mastery over it that the Overlord has and Overlord was also weakened in the process. There's also the fact that Overlord was still growing in strength which could imply he didn't reach his Full Potential as the Golden Master (which again, would make this make a lot more sense feat wise).
What I am ultimately trying to say is that what Zane's Feat here makes complete In Universe sense with the context of the show as well as what was said by the Writers (which shouldn't have needed to have been said considering it was made obvious that Zane was absorbing the Golden Armor's Power in the first place). Reading criteria 3, 4 and 5 in the outlier section. No it doesn't qualify as any of those. It is not unexplained and unjustified, It does not break the previously established power-scaling and it most certainly does not break the narrative of the work. You can't just use things that were never stated in the show and make stuff up to claim that this feat makes no sense or it's "plot armor" when literally nothing in the show backs up what you're saying and Zane's Feat, with all of the context that the show gives us, makes complete sense.

In the Garmadon's body he reaches his Original Form, and to Golden Master it is "pathetic mortal body", which is supported by the fact he calls his GM form as "true form". He also already has Lloyd's Golden Power which low-mid diffed DF Overlord. The majority of his power is relied on his Golden Power, Golden Armor just completed the transformation which was interrupted by Ninjas and that's it. He also has his Darkness Power which is equal to FSM's Golden Power, so what's your point? Unless you are telling me that FSM or Ancient Overlord are weaker than Golden Weapons, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. That pirate guy got erased from existence almost instantly. Ninjas do scale from GWs, but Zane from S3 is far weaker due to his power source being almost out of energy as it is stated when they were reaching to the Earth in the last episode of Season 3.

What I am ultimately trying to say is that what Zane's Feat here makes complete In Universe sense with the context of the show as well as what was said by the Writers (which shouldn't have needed to have been said considering it was made obvious that Zane was absorbing the Golden Armor's Power in the first place). Reading criteria 3, 4 and 5 in the outlier section. No it doesn't qualify as any of those. It is not unexplained and unjustified, It does not break the previously established power-scaling and it most certainly does not break the narrative of the work. You can't just use things that were never stated in the show and make stuff up to claim that this feat makes no sense or it's "plot armor" when literally nothing in the show backs up what you're saying and Zane's Feat, with all of the context that the show gives us, makes complete sense.
It does not. It is unexplained due to the points I mentioned right above, it breaks previously established power-scaling (Overlord is 2-C and Golden Armor, Golden Weapons, Megaweapon, pre-DR Base Ninjas are 4-C), it does break narrative due to this version of Overlord being implied (and stated) to be way more powerful than his Dragon Form. If you actually look at all of the context, it does NOT make sense.

Also the season itself is full of PIS and I remember at least one outlier (Lloyd losing due to sum Pythor's techno-snake lmao).

In the Garmadon's body he reaches his Original Form, and to Golden Master it is "pathetic mortal body", which is supported by the fact he calls his GM form as "true form". He also already has Lloyd's Golden Power which low-mid diffed DF Overlord. The majority of his power is relied on his Golden Power, Golden Armor just completed the transformation which was interrupted by Ninjas and that's it. He also has his Darkness Power which is equal to FSM's Golden Power, so what's your point? Unless you are telling me that FSM or Ancient Overlord are weaker than Golden Weapons, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. That pirate guy got erased from existence almost instantly. Ninjas do scale from GWs, but Zane from S3 is far weaker due to his power source being almost out of energy as it is stated when they were reaching to the Earth in the last episode of Season 3.
You got any evidence of that? I literally read your thread on that and your evidence for his Golden Master form being his True Form was him saying "Now I am free" which does not imply that at all. (A point I have already explained) Everything that is implied in the series, as I stated before, goes against that claim.

The rest of your statements here prove you haven't read a shit thing I have said in this thread. I have already addressed every single one of these and these are all pure speculation or making shit up on your part that isn't backed up by anything in the series whatsoever. If you can't back any of this shit up with actual statements or evidence made in the series then all of your points are mute but clearly either I didn't do a good enough job of explaining or you have reading issues. I am not gonna waste my time trying to explain something to someone who isn't capable of listening. Have a great day.

You got any evidence of that? I literally read your thread on that and your evidence for his Golden Master form being his True Form was him saying "Now I am free" which does not imply that at all. (A point I have already explained) Everything that is implied in the series, as I stated before, goes against that claim.

The rest of your statements here prove you haven't read a shit thing I have said in this thread. I have already addressed every single one of these and these are all pure speculation or making shit up on your part that isn't backed up by anything in the series whatsoever. If you can't back any of this shit up with actual statements or evidence made in the series then all of your points are mute but clearly either I didn't do a good enough job of explaining or you have reading issues. I am not gonna waste my time trying to explain something to someone who isn't capable of listening. Have a great day.
Him being free means this body is more perfect than his OG form. He also called his OG form as pathetic mortal body (shown under the thread). Even Tommy Andreasen stated that Golden Master is more powerful than Dragon Form (LloydBlitzed showed this). Atp you are just saying GWs > Overlord all forms.

I have explained everything properly. You want me to take clips of the series? Lol, and you are blaming ME for "not watching Ninjago" lmao. The most of Ninjago scaling fandom agrees Zane’s feat is an outlier. You simply can't accept that your favorite Ninjas does not solo Overlord without PIS and not using outliers. I’m tired of explaining basic stuff.

Him being free means this body is more perfect than his OG form. He also called his OG form as pathetic mortal body (shown under the thread). Even Tommy Andreasen stated that Golden Master is more powerful than Dragon Form (LloydBlitzed showed this). Atp you are just saying GWs > Overlord all forms.

I have explained everything properly. You want me to take clips of the series? Lol, and you are blaming ME for "not watching Ninjago" lmao. The most of Ninjago scaling fandom agrees Zane’s feat is an outlier. You simply can't accept that your favorite Ninjas does not solo Overlord without PIS and not using outliers. I’m tired of explaining basic stuff.
Yeah and the reason Golden Master is more Powerful is BECAUSE HE HAD THE GOLDEN WEAPONS YOU DIPSHIT! Considering the Golden Weapons were Created by the First Spinjitzu Master to create the lands pass his Power down and are also clearly more Powerful than the Omega and almost every other villain. Not to mention the fact that they were taken away before Season 2 and with the context the series gives us (Overlord saying they were the other way to become the Golden Master and the fact that it is implied he lost all of his Power once the transmission was uploaded) there is literally no reason to believe that they don't possess Golden Power when combined. Obviously Garmadon with the Golden Weapons wouldn't be nearly as Strong as Overlord with them because he doesn't have the same level of experience (and as shown in the series Golden Power is Strengthened by Mastery). Once again I will state: Golden Master Overlord is simply a Weakened version of the Overlord with the Power of the Golden Armor on his side. When you take away his Main Power source he becomes a lot weaker. But clearly your dipshit brains don't know how to read and think your Headcanons that don't make any sense if you actually watched the ******* show should be accepted over the Canon and you state them like it's fact. I honestly don't even know why I'm still responding but honestly this is just getting under my skin. You shouldn't be in this community if you don't even know how to read other people's replies and just state the same things over and over.

Back