• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yurika Tastumiya vs. Shisui Uchiha

ProspectX said:
>Similar mind powers
>Senshinkan vs Naruto
Kotoamatsukami and Kei Seihan go no Kou are really similar in their concept, so obviously they must be similar in strength too!

Yeah... no. Mama Yurika has to take this at least in scale.

Hers can reach for kilometers(if I am reading her profile right), works passively to some level without activation, affects all the way to the soul so disobeying is tatamount to death even if you can resist it. So far Shisui's powers were powerful enough to free a zombie from the grasp of a powerful Jutsu and in it's short showing, no amount of willpower has worked against it, but it needs sight, it can't affect at such ranges or as many people at once so easily.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Yeah... no. Mama Yurika has to take this at least in scale.
Hers can reach for kilometers(if I am reading her profile right), works passively to some level without activation, affects all the way to the soul so disobeying is tatamount to death even if you can resist it. So far Shisui's powers were powerful enough to free a zombie from the grasp of a powerful Jutsu and in it's short showing, no amount of willpower has worked against it, but it needs sight, it can't affect at such ranges or as many people at once so easily.
Kotoamatsukami doesn't require eye-contact. As told to me by the Naruto wiki.

• Unlike most Sharingan-based genjutsu, Kotoamatsukami does not seem to require eye contact, as demonstrated by how Danzō cast it on Mifune without apparently removing the bandages that covered his right eye.[3]

@LSirLancealot

Well, I don't know much about the girl in this...but Kotoamatsukami >>>>>>>>>> Base sharingan genjutsu (which could affect Non-corporeal/spiritual entities) Kotoamatsukami is also above planetary Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Edit: well that's just talking about potency, her mind manipulation is probably still more useful because Shisui can only use it once evry ten years.

YungManzi said:
@LSirLancealot
Well, I don't know much about the girl in this...but Kotoamatsukami >>>>>>>>>> Base sharingan genjutsu (which could affect Non-corporeal/spiritual entities) Kotoamatsukami is also above planetary Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Edit: well that's just talking about potency, her mind manipulation is probably still more useful because Shisui can only use it once evry ten years.
I thought that limitation only existed for other people, not Shisui?

@Warren

It's actually the other way around. Danzo could use it once a day, but Shisui can only use it once every ten years.

Then that seems to be a contradiction of the Fourth Databook, or potentially a retcon but that feels less likely. According to it, the technique works by allowing one to enter the mind of anybody in your range of sight and affecting them with false experiences that make them act differently without their even noticing. Again, either this was retconned, is a contradiction, or much more simply, it may count the eyesight of both his eyes even if the other isn't a sharingan? It's possible.

But it remains much the same, the effective range of Yurika is way bigger, the effects seem to be even stronger as knowing doesn't let you shrug of the technique, and having enough willpower to actually resist just ends with you dead.

@LSirLancelot

It works how it's stated.

Effect range doesn't really matter in this situation, and even if someone knows that they are inside of a genjutsu (Even a low level one) and they are proficient with it that doesn't mean they can easily escape it (Example: Kurenai Vs. Itachi).

And that's what I mean, it's stated to affect anyone in range of vision, but then Danzo using it without uncovering it makes no sense unless is eyesight as a whole.

Why wouldn't it matter when you can be under her control without even being within her range of awareness? Not to mention her ability works even passively. Plus if you have any chance of escaping a Genjutsu, you'll likely be alive the moment after. Yurika's power means you go bye bye if you resist through sheer willpower, which I only saw one case of.

@LSir

Danzo could still see, just not with Shisui's eye. Sharingan also has some degree for x-ray vision.

1) I mean the potency doesn't matter, I've already said that her ability is probably better overall because of Koto's weakness, I'm only arguing potency.

2) Willpower does not help against genjutsu (Naruto gets solo'd by genjutsu).

she managed to stop a mindless being for a few moments with that mind hax with the blood of a rosei tbf. And the one who resisted her managed to not be broken by a guy who's will power overpowered a 2-B being. The one who resisted however was also breaking down due to resisting iirc.

Back