• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo Boundary Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention for a while that Yukari's Boundary Manipulation wasn't elaborated, expanded upon, according to the changes that were discussed and accepted in this thread . I had to leave back then and for some reason it seems like CoreOfimBalance (COB) didn't get the opportunity to actually add them to her profile.

Thus (and now that most Yukari matters have been settled), I feel like we should expand upon the BM in her profile according to the accepted changes, so that people unfamiliar with her know better.

From what I gathered, what was discussed on the thread and what's already on her profile, Yukari should have this being added and expanded upon her profile:

- Spatial Manipulation

- A degree of Time Manipulation (as seen when she combines day and night somehow and both are there at the same time )

- Entering the 2nd Dimension or 2D BFR (Dream/Story/Picture walk - Has the power to enter pictures, other people's dreams, fictional stories and she can also bring others along. She also has a spellcard that specifically mentions manipulation of the border between 2D and 3D ).

- Resistance to Death Manipulation/Inducement

- Creation of something/Combining something into a form (2D attack)

- Conventional durability bypass

- Resistance to Time Manipulation (She can fight Sakuya very, very casually in PCB, and doing that without being able to at least deal with Time Manipulation to an extent wouldn't be easy)

- Invisibility (Abuses it a lot in some of her spellcards. There's no way she doesn't have this.)

- BFR and Sealing by isolating herself or others from the battlefield as she had a significant role in isolating the entirety of Gensokyo from the Human World with her Boundary Manipulation. Unless the opponent has some serious teleportation or way to avoid this, it's a powerful kind of sealing/BFR.

- Precognition, boundary perception alone

- Limited conceptual destruction and creation

- Can Isolate herself or others from the battlefield as she had a significant hand in isolating the entire Gensokyo from Human World.

- She may also have some form of sealing or power nullification as she managed to seal off the Saigyou Ayakashi tree going from what was discussed previously on the other CRT. But I'm not as certain on this one.

NOT REVISED:

- This one is already on her profile but not expanded upon, there's the specialized form of existence erasure by removing the boundaries between two different things (for example, say there's a boundary that separates a person from a door. If she removes that boundary there was never separation between one and another so both would be gone or disappear in a mesh). But this last one I've kinda never seen being revised before, listed or used as an argument that much so I'll leave it to others to decide on whether we should full on expand this and list on her profile or simply leave it as is.

POSSIBLE THINGS:

- Possible Resistance to destruction at the atomic level (she laughed it off at the idea of being atomized here )

- Boundary of Matter and Antimatter - This is one of the boundaries she seems to control as it's one of her spellcards. Originally I was against this time and again based on the fact that it could very well be just the name of the spellcard depending on how we look at this but as of now... Yukari does have an statement of controlling all boundaries. While we naturally can't NLF that, I feel like this one may be safe based on...

...The fact that her "Universe of Matter and Antimatter" spell, both in its effects and description mentions that it consists of creating two opposite gaps that do not cause any effect whatsoever by themselves, but upon contact with each other a reaction occurs and they cause a huge distortion attack.

1maantima
Coupling that with her statement of controlling all boundaries, and Matter and Antimatter being one of the mentioned boundaries in question, I feel like it's safe to give her this power, but again, I'll leave for others to decide.

And that's about it. Thoughts?

Note: In this thread I'm requesting only what's presented on the OP. Please, do not bring up other unrelated abilities here, as that should be made in another CRT.

I agree with most of those. We had to eventually expand on her Boundary manip. Though I disagree with...

1. Time Manip Resistance. This is a spell card battle. We can't just slap that on anyone who can beat Sakuya in a SCR fight.

2. Resistance to Atomization. This is the same scene that people uses to "prove" that Yukari is actually above the lunarian. Simply laughing doesn't prove anything.

Where does Death manip resist comes from again?

Also I actually was going to make a thread for conceptual manip Yukari somewhere in the far future, alongside possibly two others conceptual upgrades but this will do for now.

Yukari is TheLegend27 of Touhou.

Oh how I missed this meme.

I also am planning on doing some Touhou revisions, prolly all next year but still, with collaboration with Saikou.

@Saik Time Manip could be a possibly as Sakuya does abuse it even in a spellcard battle, but I understand if you disagree with that.

The resistance to atomization does seem relatively sound seeing how Yukari also has the statement where cutting, piercing with weapons, etc, etc should be useless against her. But I'm neutral so if you think that's iffy, feel free to disagree.

Death Manipulation resistance comes from resisting the Saigyou Ayakashi, IIRC. I'll check it out in the previous CRT, gimme a second and I can tell you about it.

@Saik The resistance to Death Inducement is based on three things, one of them being that she resisted the Saigyou Ayakashi - which Drains life just by being near it - and I think COB also confirmed in the other thread that she resisted Yuyuko's death manip on occasion.

She also manipulated the Boundary of Life and Death apparently to create that seal.

Other than that, I don't have much to say on this one. There's also the statement mentioned above about the cutting, killing, stabbing yada yada.

Also is nobody going to comment about how times have changed when one of the persons who opposed Touhou revisions the most back then is actually making one now. ovovovovovovo

I was gonna, but i decided not to, because i wanted anyone to bring this out...saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly no one did

If we assume resistance to atomization, then we should also assume that Yukari truly is above Toyo despite how contradictory it is. So it's best to leave it out.

Also about the BFR: As shown with the Nether World situation, she can weaken (And likely strengthen) the boundary between two worlds. So not only can she BFR you, but she can makes it harder for you to escape said BFR. Something to note.

Yeah I was gonna bring out how Fate "Matter manipulation Yukari isn't a thing!" now agrees with stuff like Conceptual manip smh ovo

Alrighty then, atomization resistance is out of the table.

BFR sounds fine on what you added as well. Other than that, is everything 'k or do we wait for more? If so, feel free to make the changes agreed upon, as you're more used to editing the Touhou profiles/dealing with this part of the verse than I am.

Fate can be changed. ovo Well, it's mostly that since people would bring that up so much but never being enough to convince me, I decided to look it up myself.

But yeah, this is for the best as this way we avoid the dreaded "BM speculation" territory in the future...

Honestly? If someone managed to casually toy around with a time stopper with no effort, there has to be at least a bit of resistance in the characters part.

A time stopper who purposely holds back to make fights fair. She could also do the same just via sheer AP.

As a matter of fact we literally see the fight happening since we play as Sakuya during it, and Yukari never directly resists it.

I could chalk that to Game mechanics but neutral so.

Whatever the case that still puts her with the experience of having fought a time manipulator before if nothing else.

>>> Implying I'd still debate over Yukari after watching the Ahzek thread from the sidelines and my PTSD over past threads of the old days.

Gargoyle pls ovo

I mean unless you mean the "other version" people sometimes use in her threads, in which case Yukari is the one stomping via Boundarygg. ovo

Anyways, Saik, wouldn't it be good to link Ran Yakumo and Chen's profiles on summoning?

"Can summon her Shikigami"

Link Chen on "her" and Ran on "Shikigami".

EDIT: Nvm Ran is already linked later.

Also Chen can confuse the opponent with weaker attacks, they won't know which are Yukari's shots amidst that. ovo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back