• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yujiro's "Precognition"

Yujiro's explanation for precognition is: Can tell what attacks someone would've used on him if they were able to and the link shows Yujiro seeing a "spirit" of Baki trying to fight him.

The entire explanation being "Can tell what attacks someone would've used on them if they were able to" is faulty and doesn't include the context of the entire fight, I'll start with the main point.

Yujiro isn't predicting anything -The pages used as evidence of Yujiro using precognition are right after he had a huge fight with Baki and while Baki was laying on the ground Baki's "spirit" appears and tries to fight Yujiro (chapter ).If you've read Baki then you know characters can create "projections" of their spirit (which is used as an exaggerated form of shadowboxing or make believe) and people can "see" that projection as if it were real, one character known for using such spirit is Baki and in fact, Baki is the one attributed to causing the so called "spirit" to attack Yujiro. Yujiro himself is surprised by the attack and says it himself that it was due to Baki's desire to kick him that the "spirit" did so meaning Yujiro isn't even predicting anything and more like Baki is projecting his spirit out to fight Yujiro.Here's other evidence against Yujiro's precognition:

1.Doppo Orochi is implied to see the spirit as well.

2.Yujiro never used the precognition any other time in the series and if you were to believe he used it in his fight with Baki then you would have to acknownledge he used it once and it was only after fighting Baki for a long period of time and seeing all of his attacks and Yujiro was surprised multiple times throughout the fight by Baki's attacks and techniques.

TL:DR Yujiro's proof of precognition isn't precognition and Baki has a stand.

Yeah I think Yujiro has a form of psuedo precog against martial artists though. Although I think it's just via his extreme skill/observation. Unless he has feats of seeing someone else other then Baki's spirit fight him in this way I agree with this change.

Were there people who seriously think that this feat is some kind of precognition? Who is editing these profiles omg? Edit:

Well, so as not to look like a hater, here a feat of precognition to danger:

http://*****************/read-online/New-Grappler-Baki-chapter-231.html

Don't know if this is already on the profile.

It's just Baki shadow boxing Yujiro with his fighting spirit. If Yujiro actually had precog he wouldn't have taken a single hit against Kaku Kaioh but he does.

Im pretty sure he still has precog due to his analysis skills, but i am not too kowledgable on the manga of Baki, never got down to reading it.

Ronnijuro said:
Were there people who seriously think that this feat is some kind of precognition? Who is editing these profiles omg?
Edit:

Well, so as not to look like a hater, here a feat of precognition to danger:

http://*****************/read-online/New-Grappler-Baki-chapter-231.html

Don't know if this is already on the profile.
This seems more like Enhanced Senses (Enhanced Sixth, which is on the border of precognition)

His only feats of precog (as defined on his profile) are against Baki. This is more likely Baki shadow boxing with his fighting spirit as shown in other parts of the series.

He still seemingly have precog via muscles/movements etc though.

We should get some mod input and get this changed.

Dienomite22 said:
This seems more like Enhanced Senses (Enhanced Sixth, which is on the border of precognition)
In this wiki, Precognition says this:

" it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent "

" Some users may have vague or not entirely accurate predictions, making it harder to foresee what will truly happen. "

So the feat I posted can be labelled as precognition I think.

Yujiro isn't predicting anything nor reading minute body movements so it couldn't be those, all he senses is that kaioh's attack is dangerous and Kaioh sorta let him know his attack was dangerous moments before by telling Yujiro that he almost killed him and saying "That was just an old man's punch, it won't do anything to you" (refering to his first punch against Yujiro that was purposefully weak) and then while doing the xiao-lee punch he says "now take this punch" and Yujiro senses something which we later found out later in the chapter that what Yujiro sensed was Kaioh using Offensive xiao-lee meaning Yujiro knowledge of xiao-lee is what help him there.

We should just use different evidence as the original evidence was actually out of context and unrelated to precog

SomebodyData said:
I mean, you guys could write it down as "Enhanced Senses (Feat here, works akin to pseudo-Precognition) and basically get the best of both worlds if you guys are undecided.
Exactly what I was thinking

its not precog, but more like a logical analysis of what move could/wouldve been used by said enemy. quite sure might guy from naruto could also do this, as well as rock lee

From the Enchanced Senses page

• Enhanced Sixth: Users of this rare ability can feel changes without knowing how or why, often reaching into precognition
That would be what Yujiro did.

SomebodyData said:
I mean, you guys could write it down as "Enhanced Senses (Feat here, works akin to pseudo-Precognition) and basically get the best of both worlds if you guys are undecided.
This was the reason I labled it that way and it's simple to go to the Enhanced Senses page and see the one sense that has precognition in it

Dienomite22 said:
Yujiro isn't predicting anything nor reading minute body movements so it couldn't be those, all he senses is that kaioh's attack is dangerous and Kaioh sorta let him know his attack was dangerous moments before by telling Yujiro that he almost killed him and saying "That was just an old man's punch, it won't do anything to you" (refering to his first punch against Yujiro that was purposefully weak) and then while doing the xiao-lee punch he says "now take this punch" and Yujiro senses something which we later found out later in the chapter that what Yujiro sensed was Kaioh using Offensive xiao-lee meaning Yujiro knowledge of xiao-lee is what help him there.
Well, I think that yes he is reading that punch and with that information he predicted that is dangerous, not because Kaku's words. Previously for example he didnt do that because he was faster than Kaku, Kaku was only defending until that point and he focused on breaking his defensive XiaoLee. So that in my opinion is precognition.

Kaku's words probably picked Yujiro's interest and he paid attention to it, that's all.

The issue is, on Yujiro's profile it's implied his precog allows him to literally see what someone will do before they decide to as a spirit. Yujiro probably does have minor precog but it doesn't work how it's indicated on his profile.

This is a bit unrelated

But shouldn't Yuichiro Hanma have all of Yujiro's techniques and such? Both trained under the sand style and Yuichiro is noted to be comparable if not superior

Yujiro can't 'sense and feel fighting spirits' Hanma's just have incredibly potent fighting spirits. So much so that Baki could spar with himself to train and Yuichiro can seemingly exist as one after dying. It shouldn't even be noted on his profile like it is now because it's only ever shown to work against other Hanma's so it's literally useless.

Schnee One said:
This is a bit unrelated
But shouldn't Yuichiro Hanma have all of Yujiro's techniques and such? Both trained under the sand style and Yuichiro is noted to be comparable if not superior
Yujiro >>>> Yuichiro IIRC. Yuichiro was stated to be comparable or stronger, but not a superior fighter. Yujiro is FAR greater in terms of skll, Yuichiro was just shown to be this rly wide dude who can throw people.

So:

Yuichiro > Yujiro in terms of raw power

Yuichiro = (possibly >) than Yujiro in terms of fighting capablility (if they were to fight)

Yujiro > Yuichiro in terms of skill

I found evidence of Yujiro's proper precog and it doesn't even require him to fight the people involved. It's completely based on his knowledge of martial arts and other fields. [1]

Back