• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Doubt this was going to get much more input unless I made a thread about it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:YamiSukehiro1/Yusuke_Urameshi_Speed_Calc

This feat here. I don't know what to say about the calc itself, but the argument came up that if someone takes in actual lighting to make it better by infusing their energy, it becomes slower by 1000X because it becomes tangible. Staff is split on this. I personally see it as it should be real lighting, because it actually came from cloud to ground. Suzaku's not an idiot. It made no sense for him to infuse his energy, in an attempt to make it better, to make it ridiculously less efficient.

The other thing that came up was it being an outlier, because stronger characters don't do anything close. Though that argument in itself is flawed because every other speed feat post this was incredibly casual. Toguro's speed feat comes from flicking his finger. Yusuke's comes from blitzing people who are legitimately no threat to him during a tournament that he's hosting. Only one that wasn't entirely casual was a MHS calc of Yusuke's reigan during the Chapter Black arc.

As said I believe it highly unreasonable to assume that, just because he absorbed lightning energy, his attacks, which clearly don't have lightning properties and are supernatural in nature, retain the lightning speed.

Additinally tangible things are slower than intangible ones, since tangible things have usually something like mass, while intangible things move as energy. Lightning in particular transmits its energy through an electromagnetic wave. No particle actually moves with lightning speed in the lightning. To assume that it retains lightning speed, while in that state is very wrong IMO.

Additionally one should consider that he has no choice, but to handle the lightning with supernatural energy. If he wouldn't use his supernatural abilities on it the result of the lightning striking him would be him getting charred, not him absorbing the lightning. And in order to will it into an attack he would again necessarily use supernatural means.

So this isn't infusing lightning with energy to make it better in the first place. This is infusing lightning with energy, because otherwise he can not control the lightning into any meaningful attack.

The last two points are in my opinion not necessary btw. If you ask me lightning behaving strongly supernatural shouldn't be assumed to be have lightning speed independent of the other arguments I made. (unless there are very good showing of real lightning properties in way greater number than there are contradictions maybe)

As you can see Here (At 3:58) Suzaku gathers the red lightning from the sky and enhanches it with his haku while keeping it in his hand. This converted lightning is much slower than normal lightning, also having Massively Hypersonic Younger Toguro via power-scaling is an outlier since his best speed feat was Hypersonic+ and the Massively Hypersonic speed feats are mainly present in the Chapter Black Arc.

Remember that this series has a reaction speed different from that of displacement. Remember that long before in the series we had a debatable LS feat, making the reaction of the series have much different from the speed of displacement

http://i9.***********.net/yu-yu-hakusho/24/yu-yu-hakusho-434653.jpg http://i7.***********.net/yu-yu-hakusho/24/yu-yu-hakusho-434655.jpg

Hiei evade this and mirrors just reflect photons

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/howmirrorswork.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back