• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Anime Canonicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yerrrrrp

Ok so before we get into the ginormous revisions, things need to get set up for it.

Intro​

First things first is the canonicity.

It's pretty much widely accepted, but it needs to be noted somewhere.

Togashi has no connection to the anime at all.
The anime is a true adaption with seriously large additional statements and such. It's pretty much good enough for its own profiles.
Yet the characters don't differ, they're the same characters, just more feats and statements in the anime, AKA extra filer.
But then again, this wiki has a weird policy of how we can use the anime feats for clarification.

So here are the choices.

Choice A​

The anime can be used as supporting evidence. Anime only statements cannot be used, but scenes that align and are true to the manga can compliment the manga

Choice B​

The anime cannot be used at all, and only the manga can be used in the explanation of the feats, similar to our DBZ profiles how we split the canons

The fact that Togashi has no connection to the anime at all means he didn't have a say in any of the added statements from the Anime

If he did have a connection to the Anime, then I would say it can still be argued that we can use these statements, but because he isn't, we sadly can't use them

So I agree with Choice B

Choice B seems fine but if accepted will there be work to index the anime separately in a case similar to how dragon ball is?

Choice B seems fine but if accepted will there be work to index the anime separately in a case similar to hoe dragon ball is?
Not by me (too much work), but it'd probably have a few main profiles so the movie chars can get scaling

Not by me (too much work), but it'd probably have a few main profiles so the movie chars can get scaling
Yeah I wouldn't expect it all to get indexed but that'd be cool to get that for movie characters but that's all I was wondering 🙏

Yeah, there are quite a few differences such as Yusuke not being a smoker + drinker + gambler in the Anime. Some filler arcs and statements about certain powers such as King Enma being able to bust continents in the Anime and Genkai having a planet level statement iirc. And Yusuke being able to develop Sacred Energy/Friendship Energy in his fight with Yomi.

I support Option B and the creation of Anime versions of the profile pages.

I vote to Choice B FRA and I do hope an anime version profile can be created.

Anime version has an infamous feat which is calculated by Death Battle Team as Planet level.

Does this mean we gotta use the manga pictures instead of the anime ones -_-

The fact that Togashi has no connection to the anime at all means he didn't have a say in any of the added statements from the Anime

If he did have a connection to the Anime, then I would say it can still be argued that we can use these statements, but because he isn't, we sadly can't use them

So I agree with Choice B
Splitting the canons sounds best to me, so I'll vote Option B.
Yeah, there are quite a few differences such as Yusuke not being a smoker + drinker + gambler in the Anime. Some filler arcs and statements about certain powers such as King Enma being able to bust continents in the Anime and Genkai having a planet level statement iirc. And Yusuke being able to develop Sacred Energy/Friendship Energy in his fight with Yomi.

I support Option B and the creation of Anime versions of the profile pages.
Like everyone else, I agree with B.
I count 4 staff agreements without any counter arguments so this can definitely been applied without any further issues.

Last edited:
Tbh when staff create a thread (content revision), they get it guaranteed or at least they get staff votes faster and easier somehow (no offence, but like I noticed it lately)

Tbh when staff create a thread (content revision), they get it guaranteed or at least they get staff votes faster and easier somehow (no offence, but like I noticed it lately)
Meanwhile I had to wait multiple months to update a verse that no one cares about

I still have CRTs collecting dust for months on end. Yall aren't special
Bump them once and your friends will get them approved within hours. Or get bigger attention.
I am not doing any dramas, but someone else is also sharing the same experience, and honestly? It is fair, actually. Nothing here is offensive, it is fair, tho.

If Togashi had a connection to this, I'd say Option A in a heartbeat but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case, so Option B it is.

Is that were the 50 Yu YU Hakusho calcs came from?
No, I made those all, and none of them were evaluated yet.
Bump them once and your friends will get them approved within hours. Or get bigger attention.
I am not doing any dramas, but someone else is also sharing the same experience, and honestly? It is fair, actually. Nothing here is offensive, it is fair, tho.
Lol, I wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back