• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu vs Joe

I mean that doesn't really help Joe not get killed.
3261818-feature_miketysonspunchout_20170718_gs.jpg

I think Joe got this. First he's stronger and more durable than Yu, and since their speed are equal here Yu will not gonna be dodging Joe's punches left and right, Yu's time perception will also not be a problem for Joe, since we know he's able to screw up with his opponents perception. Technique copying will be a nonfactor here, since both can copy techinques with excellence after just seeing once. Yu's Analytical Prediction will also not be a saving card for him, since Joe was able to bypass Kim's, even when he was completely exhausted.

I also honestly believe that Joe's fear hax will work on Yu, i mean Yu became literally paralised because he saw J refusing to go down, Joe is the kind of guy that scared guys like Yong-bi Kim so much that he was paralyzed with fear, Kim even thought Joe was some kind of a monster, and the thing is that Kim was like a computer, cold and calculating with a machine like personality, he never showed a ounce of emotion during a fight, but Joe completely destabilized him with fear. José Mendoza became so fearful of Joe during the fight that he went temporarily insane, screaming in complete terror and fighting like scared animal, José was convinced that he was fighting a ghost, the experience of fighting Joe was so abnormal that José got much older and and his hair got all white due to the sheer stress and fear he went through during the fight.

This is what gonna happen in this fight. Yu will probably begin hitting Joe but will not be able to put him down for good due to Joe's durability and insane willpower, Yu then will slowly become fearfull in the fight, something which Joe is gonna take advantage off, Joe will end the fight with a explosive corckscrew punch.

Last edited:
I think Joe got this. First he's stronger and more durable tha Yu, and since their speed are equal here Yu will not honna be dodging Joe's punche left and right, Yu's time perception will also not be a problem for Joe, since we know he's able to screw up with his opponents perception. Technique copying will be a nonfactor here, since both can copy techinques with excellence after just seeing once. Yu's Analytical Prediction will also not be a saving card for him, since Joe was able to bypass Kim's, even when he was completely exhausted.

I also honestly believe that Joe's fear hax will work on Yu, i mean Yu became literally paralised because he saw J refusing to go down, Joe is the kind of guy that scared guys like Yong-bi Kim so much that he was paralyzed with fear, Kim even thought Joe was some kind of a monster, and the thing is that Kim was like a computer, cold and calculating with a machine like personality, he never showed a ounce of emotion during a fight, but Joe completely destabilized him with fear. José Mendoza became so fearful of Joe during the fight that he went temporarily insane, screaming in complete terror and fighting like scared animal, José was convinced that he was fighting a ghost, the experience of fighting Joe was so abnormal that José got much older and and his hair got all white due to the sheer stress and fear he went through during the fight.

This is what gonna happen in this fight. Yu will probably begin hitting Joe but will not be able to put him down for good due to Joe's durability and insane willpower, Yu then will slowly become fearfull in the fight, something which Joe is gonna take advantage off, Joe will end the fight with a explosive corckscrew punch.
Will be the dream Joe has before he becomes braindead a second time.

Yu's Analytical Prediction will also not be a saving card for him, since Joe was able to bypass Kim's, even when he was completely exhausted.
Apparently Yu's anal prediction is 8 layers so the anal prediction definitely is in favor towards him more

but the fear and willpower stuff i agree with

I go away for a few hours and get instantly dogpiled with arguments that were already debunked in the first like 20 messages. Just great.

Joe's fear hax ain't doing shit. Yu lost to J cause he got that social influencing that lets him comfort the suffering of others. He wasn't scared, he was pushing away the light he was chasing all this time.
You know who he did deal with who is similar to what is described? Aaron Tide. Aaron is described as a monster similar to Yu and has shown similar characteristics. Yu has terrified his opponents to the point where they'd run out of the ring and constantly puts psychological pressure on them. Same goes for Aaron who terrifies others with his power and presence. Yu dealt with that just fine.
Computer guy? Literally just like Shiha Lee who is also a cold calculating computer-like guy who still considers Yu to be completely and utterly different boxer when it comes to level of power.

So fear hax ain't shit. Computer-like prediction ain't shit.

Willpower? I already said that Yu has beaten people with immense willpower like Takeda who survived through Yu's storm of punches even though he himself couldn't land a hit and Yu exhausted him too even though the guy does more than 10x training than a training regime that exhausts athletic boxers, and he does it casually.

Joe ain't screwing with Yu's perception since his perception is slowed down and he'd see any trick he tries to pull. Unless it's outright supernatural illusion creation it isn't gonna work on a guy who sees every punch flying his way in slow mo to the point where he is bored.

I also have yet to see scans of Joe dealing the so called slow mo users and adapting to blitzing someone.

Computer guy? Literally just like Shiha Lee who is also a cold calculating computer-like guy who still considers Yu to be completely and utterly different boxer when it comes to level of power.
No. Don't compare Shiha Lee's computerness to kims. Shiha lee is featless compared to him

I go away for a few hours and get instantly dogpiled with arguments that were already debunked in the first like 20 messages. Just great.

Joe's fear hax ain't doing shit. Yu lost to J cause he got that social influencing that lets him comfort the suffering of others. He wasn't scared, he was pushing away the light he was chasing all this time.
You know who he did deal with who is similar to what is described? Aaron Tide. Aaron is described as a monster similar to Yu and has shown similar characteristics. Yu has terrified his opponents to the point where they'd run out of the ring and constantly puts psychological pressure on them. Same goes for Aaron who terrifies others with his power and presence. Yu dealt with that just fine.

Willpower? I already said that Yu has beaten people with immense willpower like Takeda who survived through Yu's storm of punches even though he himself couldn't land a hit and Yu exhausted him too even though the guy does more than 10x training than a training regime that exhausts athletic boxers, and he does it casually.

Joe ain't screwing with Yu's perception since his perception is slowed down and he'd see any trick he tries to pull. Unless it's outright supernatural illusion creation it isn't gonna work on a guy who sees every punch flying his way in slow mo to the point where he is bored.

I also have yet to see scans of Joe dealing the so called slow mo users and adapting to blitzing someone.
I ain’t reading all that

🥱

No. Don't compare Shiha Lee's computerness to kims. Shiha lee is featless compared to him
No he freaking isn't. He literally stomped very experienced boxers by seeing their moves and calculating what they could try and do, fully countering their techniques to the point where they couldn't counter attack. He also stomped Ryu who toyed with a top 3 national boxer and took out a room full of armed gangsters, Ryu being acknowledged to have world champion potential by K. Don't freaking lie here.

He looked pretty scared in my opnion, but even if that's isn't the case, this still shows that Yu stil is succeptible to social influencing,
Yu has terrified his opponents to the point where they'd run out of the ring and constantly puts psychological pressure on them.
Can you show me an instance of this happening, Because i can show you Joe doing this, He scared Inagaki to the point of desperation, was able to make Harimau tremble in fear and run away from him.

Literally just like Shiha Lee who is also a cold calculating computer-like guy who still considers Yu to be completely and utterly different boxer when it comes to level of power.
Can you show feats of him

Takeda's willpower can't even hold a candle to Joe's. Joe literaly can take horrible beatings and continue to fight, he can stand up and keep fighting after getting hit by devastating attacks time and time again to the point of exhaustion through sheer determination alone. He was able to keep fighting while unconscious multiple times during the series. He was able to overcome his psychological trauma of attacking up high through sheer willpower alone. Joe was able to stand up after taking Yong-bi Kim's chom-chom technique, a technique that no boxer was able to stand up after receiving it. Joe was able to keep fighting after taking a beating that would render any human's physical and psychological state destroyed, he was even able to beat Kim, despite having no stamina left on his body, due to the grueling weight loss he had while preparing for this fight (While trying to lose weight for the fight Joe refused to eat and drink for dangerously long periods, even going so far as to pass out in a hot sauna just to shed the extra pounds). His willpower is strong enough to overcome his advanced punch-drunk state, something that defied even medical knowledge. In his fight against José Mendoza, Joe was able to fight against José, while severely punch drunk and blind of an eye, Joe was even dominating the fight during the last round despite being practically dead, José was even convinced that he was fighting a dead man or a outright ghost. Yu never fought anyone with this level of willpower.
Well Joe's Perception Manip is kinda of supernatural in a way, he Could hit Jose Mendoza multiple times despite Mendoza being completely sure that he was dodging his punches, in this panels we can even see Joe's arm clrearing missing José's head, yet a panel later we found out that José was actually hit. I think people sometimes overestimate Yu's perception too much, the series never go into full detail on how exactly works, and there's people that says that even if a guy is equally fast or faster than Yu he sttil would be able to hit because of his "perception" sometimes this really sounds like NLF.

I don't know what you mean with slow mo users but here's Joe getting blitzed by Aoyama, and later in the fight, Joe is the one doing the blizting. oh Joe afterimage creation will also help him bypass Yu's perception.

Yu still isn't strong enough to knock Joe out Anyways and since Joe has demonstrated better feats of stamina and the ability to fight without any stamina at all, he should beat Yu down eventually.

He looked pretty scared in my opnion, but even if that's isn't the case, this still shows that Yu stil is succeptible to social influencing,
From the god tier social influencer who is basically a metaphor for Jesus, doesn't work with the example of a monster you gave me.
Can you show me an instance of this happening, Because i can show you Joe doing this, He scared Inagaki to the point of desperation, was able to make Harimau tremble in fear and run away from him.

Easily comparable
Can you show feats of him
So i sadly confused a few things. Shiho Lee lost to Baeksan. I mixed it up by accident. He gave him a run for his money.
Still, that doesn't negate the following

undefeated computer-like genius who uses everything against the opponent.
Yu is vastly above him.
Takeda's willpower can't even hold a candle to Joe's. Joe literaly can take horrible beatings and continue to fight, he can stand up and keep fighting after getting hit by devastating attacks time and time again to the point of exhaustion through sheer determination alone. He was able to keep fighting while unconscious multiple times during the series. He was able to overcome his psychological trauma of attacking up high through sheer willpower alone. Joe was able to stand up after taking Yong-bi Kim's chom-chom technique, a technique that no boxer was able to stand up after receiving it. Joe was able to keep fighting after taking a beating that would render any human's physical and psychological state destroyed, he was even able to beat Kim, despite having no stamina left on his body, due to the grueling weight loss he had while preparing for this fight (While trying to lose weight for the fight Joe refused to eat and drink for dangerously long periods, even going so far as to pass out in a hot sauna just to shed the extra pounds). His willpower is strong enough to overcome his advanced punch-drunk state, something that defied even medical knowledge. In his fight against José Mendoza, Joe was able to fight against José, while severely punch drunk and blind of an eye, Joe was even dominating the fight during the last round despite being practically dead, José was even convinced that he was fighting a dead man or a outright ghost. Yu never fought anyone with this level of willpower.
Yu stomped people with comparable levels of willpower. He might have not dealt with such crazy levels but you shouldn't underestimate takeda either. Stamina through taking beatings doesn't suddenly outclass stamina through superhuman training.
Well Joe's Perception Manip is kinda of supernatural in a way, he Could hit Jose Mendoza multiple times despite Mendoza being completely sure that he was dodging his punches, in this panel we can even see Joe's arm clrearing missing José's head, yet a panel later we found out that José was actually hit. I think people sometimes overestimate Yu's perception too much, the series never go into full detail on how exactly works, and there's people that says that even if a guy is equally fast or faster than Yu he sttil would be able to hit because of his "perception" sometimes this really sounds like NLF.
There is no NLF here, he simply views everything in slow motion. A punch flies towards him and he sees it extend slowly and then just evades it. It is as simple as that. Ryu also had semi-physics defying punches like that but despite that Yu stomped him before he had any training at all.
I don't know what you mean with slow mo users but here's Joe getting blitzed by Aoyama, and later in the fight, Joe is the one doing the blizting.
That ain't blitzing. Aoyama still reacts and dodges his punches and before that Aoyama wasn't blitzing either, he was just doing basic outspeeding and a strategy of hit n run. This also shows here that he got that good due to proper footwork.
oh Joe afterimage creation will also help him bypass Yu's perception.
ngl bro that doesn't look like afterimages and more like a way of showing that he is moving around him. Otherwise he'd either have a completely supernatural power or would have to move faster than Aoyama like dozens of times, which he isn't since he can't land a proper hit on him (even though he is cornering him)
Yu still isn't strong enough to knock Joe out Anyways and since Joe has demonstrated better feats of stamina and the ability to fight without any stamina at all, he should beat Yu down eventually.
Cap. Yu scales to 150 kilojoules and Joe scales to baseline at most and that is not counting the fact that bulls no longer scale to 9-B.

Also before everyone thinks they've been heavily spoiled by Sherlock,

the "everyone dies at the end" is basically a montage of the characters and the ages at which they died (aka, mostly as old people) and mentions of how they lived. So while i won't spoil the ending, it isn't a bad ending at all. If you want a tragic tale that ends well then it's best if you read this.

From the god tier social influencer who is basically a metaphor for Jesus, doesn't work with the example of a monster you gave me.
Doesn't matter if he is a methapor or not, social influencing still works on him
Easily comparable
Yu indeed can really scare others with his presence but Joe literally made a guy age due to fear
undefeated computer-like genius who uses everything against the opponent.
Yu is vastly above him.
Yep he is good but i still would say the Kim showed better feats, so Yu may be better than Kim but not by much, and besides this would only get him so far.
Yu stomped people with comparable levels of willpower. He might have not dealt with such crazy levels but you shouldn't underestimate takeda either. Stamina through taking beatings doesn't suddenly outclass stamina through superhuman training.
i'm not underestimating Takeda he has crazy willpower, but in Joe's case is literally superhuman.
Ryu also had semi-physics defying punches like that but despite that Yu stomped him before he had any training at all.
Scans for those semi-physics defying punches?
That ain't blitzing. Aoyama still reacts and dodges his punches and before that Aoyama wasn't blitzing either, he was just doing basic outspeeding and a strategy of hit n run. This also shows here that he got that good due to proper footwork.
Aoyama is barely reacting tho, and that's cause Joe was getting faster in the course of the fight he eventually knocks Aoyama out, but at the begnning Joe could barely even see him.
ngl bro that doesn't look like afterimages and more like a way of showing that he is moving around him. Otherwise he'd either have a completely supernatural power or would have to move faster than Aoyama like dozens of times, which he isn't since he can't land a proper hit on him (even though he is cornering him)
Boxers in ANJ really can project an after image to mislead their opponents, Rikishi did that to Joe himself.
Cap. Yu scales to 150 kilojoules and Joe scales to baseline at most and that is not counting the fact that bulls no longer scale to 9-B.
No, Joe is not baseline he casually sits at 2315636.73 J

I'll reply properly tomorrow but for now
No, Joe is not baseline he casually sits at 2315636.73 J
This has never been added to the profile. Additionally it is a 2 year old calc so I'd say it would probably need a re-evaluation since some FTE standards have changed. Once that is checked out a CRT needs to be made and the value added to the profile
Only then Joe would become 9-B, up to 9-A with the triple counter, which would make this fight impossible in general.

Yeah I remember this being talked about too. Was it never added to the page?
Really? I thought it was accepted as far as i remember.
Yeah i can't find it anywhere. If he is 2.3 megajoules then he is literally untouchable to this key of Yu due to an AP advantage of 15x. In turn he gets stomped by the 9-A version of Yu who one-shots those who scale to a feat 23x the 2.3 megajoule value.

If you can properly apply the feat in a CRT after a quick review by the calc mods (you can do it without it technically but since some FTE standards changed in the past 2 years it is best to get a second opinion) this match becomes impossible.

Back