• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite Verse vs. Plague Inc.

Yeah, if you don't use the difficulty settings that actually matter you can cheese a lot of the game by not evolving symptoms, saving enough to upgrade straight to organ failure/necrosis/cereberal hemorage, and waiting a while. Doesn't apply to bio weapon or special plagues though, or if you play on Brutal or above.

DB is nothing compared to Brutal.

• Compulsive hand washing - Slow infection rates.
  • Doctors never go home - Fast cure research speed.
  • Sick people locked in priso - When disease is spotted, infection rates are greatly lowered
Mega brutal makes that look like casual (and activly weakens the infection by making evolutions cost more)

Brutal or Mega brutal are the only real ways to play tbh, so there's actually a use for stuff other than air transmission, water transmission, cold resistance, and total organ failure.

Mega brutal also has random medical testing, so you can get detected even if you did nothing wrong. Your stuff costs more to evolve overtime as well, and its a buffed Brutal at base. Islands are terrible unless using zombies or neurax.

League of Legends: Mordekaiser takes control of the nanomachines, forces the shadow plague to work for him, wipes out the neurax worms, and adds the rest to his collection of diseases he can spread by touch

Alternatively, karthus points

Cthulhu Mythos: Azathoth survives all the plauges nyarlathotep survives due to immortality shub-niggurath survives due to Regenerationn and immortality ubbo-sathla survives due to immortality and true godly Regenerationn the ultimate gods survive due to immortality and Regenerationn yog-sothoth survives due to being non-corporeal abhoth survives due to immortality and regneration cthulhu also survives due to immortality.

Mario: should live

Undertale: Most but not all would die

Plague Inc: The attacker will live

A hat in time: Should live

Paper Mario (verse): Should be fine

Slime Rancher: I doubt the slimes would die But the ranchers are screwed

The Simpsons: R.I.P

Total Drama: Everyone dies, the end (though Sasquatchanakwa would survive Simian Flu due to being an ape).

Epic Battle Fantasy: Everyone dies except golems, ores, monoliths, godlike entities, and anything immune to Bio.

Real World: Naeglaeria Fowleri would like to have a word with you.

Okage: Shadow King: Inconclusive. They can't do anything to the "Overshadowed" but the Overshadowed can't get rid of them.

Dark Cloud: They pretty much take out everyone but TDG who wins in the long run.

Psi-Ops: Inconclusive. They take out all the people but the aura beast reside in a completely different dimension so they wouldn't be able to interact with them and vic versa. Along with some non-corporeal beings.

Mario Bros: I doubt it would take a noticible amount of the cast down

Undertale: RESET. Nuff' Said

Plague inc.: Wait what

The Simpsons: The verse gets killed

The Real World: Uh Oh

Minecraft: Steve lives if he has Potions

Rabbids: I don't even know

Super Smash Bros.: Should be fine

Warioware: Wario should be fine but the others might get killed

Total Drama: Ded

TF2: nope.avi

PVZ: The Zombies Survive

Worm: Fails to do anything substantial due to intervention from Cauldron's precogs/biological Tinkers very early on.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Samuel Blunt, The Hook, Addie Fitch, Alligator, The Thing, The Wolf Girl, The Horrible Thing, The Slithery Dee, and Tom Lombardo all die, The White Wolf, Wendigo, John Sullivan, The Little Black Dog, The Big Fella, Harold, The Black Dog, Death, and The Dead Hand survive all of it.

Prototype: Alex Glaring at the virus "BOI! I am a virus that breaks the laws of viral biology and I function at the molecular level...Get on my level!" Saying that the mojority of the human population suffers, though groups like blackwatch and gentek are pretty advanced when it comes to containing and dealing with viruses so I think they stand a good chance of curing some of the diseases. Alex himself just eats them for new gentics

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bakiverse had the healthiest characters, and they're also smart so i think they could survive it, at least Yujiro.

Being healthy isn't going to do much here... and I doubt people like Pickle are more sanitary than the highest difficulty humans.

Regardless of that, normal people in Baki are normal, so the disease just evolves off of them and then kill the fighters.

Elfen Lied gets even more horrifying.

Halo gets more horrifying.

Dark Souls is stuck in a loop of infinite bullshit.

Parahumans (Verse): Normal diseases go nowhere due to bio tinkers like Bonesaw and people like Panacea. This includes nano-virus and bioweapon. As for the special plagues:

• Cauldron's already entrenched in secretly controlling the world to let anything subversive like Neurax Worm really take root, and given the existence of mind control stuff like The Simurgh the rest of the world would probably react with quarantine/violence to neurax'ed places faster than neurax can really do much anyways since it's just standard procedure.
  • Necroa zombies aren't that fearsome. Assuming that people like Bonesaw and Panacea aren't just made to deal with it, people like Legend are still capable of large scale but also really precise destruction. Someone like him is probably just sent over to the first major site to vaporize all the zombies there before it can be a problem, and thinkers are consulted to make sure every last one is gone.
  • Simian Flu is a lot like a normal disease, but monkeys aren't going to win the war against humans anytime soon.
  • Shadow Plague vampire would be designated as an S class threat pretty quickly and obliterated.
Diseases may do better in Ward because infrastructure is ******, Cauldron is very different, and a lot of important people are dead but there's still the hard stop of Bonesaw and Panacea.

Whole thing about Necroa is that you spread to all of humanity, or at least in all countries at about 50%, and only after that start showing effects. There's no way there would be one direct place to send people to fight zombies.

Even in the game, necroa is cured really fast once it's spotted. Thinkers are everywhere, cauldron is a thing, if it doesn't go to zombies immediately it just goes the way of a regular disease in getting done away with without too much issue. Especially in worm, since the major precogs have been pretty on edge trying to anticipate the apparently impending apocalypse.

In game they find cure to things that real world people would just be unable to begin even studying in those amounts of times.

Studying a constantly evolving dna of virus, let alone finishing a cure in months and distributing a cure all over the world in days is simply ridicolous.

And just happening to find out about it's existence is really unlikely. Beyond that, by the time they find it out at all it should be spread all over the world in the billions.

It being precoged and superpowered out is fine, but just curing it is not going to be anywhere as easy as it is in game for plain technology.

Worm has people like Panacea. If she gets sent a sample she could just make a cure then and there that spreads like it's own plague because her power is complete manipulation of biology. It's also a thing she's done before. Bonesaw too, though not quite as absurd as Amy her entire power is still medical knowledge far surpassing that of humanity. Tinkers in general are crazy.

As for figuring it out, it can be found in random check ups in the game even if you haven't evolved anything, at least on brutal and up. In a world with people like Tattletale who's superpower is that she just magically gets a ton of extra information from her shard, people like The Number Ma who plays a large part in running the world from the shadows, the fact that governments are known to make usage of thinkers in official capacity, that people like Bonesaw exist so a super plague will be something people are on the lookout for, and a bunch of other powers that can aid in this, I don't think it's nearly as impossible to find as you make it out to be. If it was, that achievement where you win with it without making any zombies would be so much easier.

Shadow plague vampire is actually liable to do it's thing before people can turn intangible, given that the thing spreads across a country within like a day and results in mind control.

The game hard locks into forcing you to make zombies by increasing the cure percentage by 70% in three days, and it has a set amount of time after which you will be found so that you can't insta-kill everyone with deadly sympthoms right away.

But again, in-game world is a lot better at countering diseases if you want to take game mechanics like the cure being passed around in a day around an entire country.

Well yeah they're definitely way superior to the real world (but then again, so are the diseases). I just don't think they're superior to a world with many precogs, an Illuminati style organization with a woman who's power lets her find out how to do anything, at least two people who's power is just to do whatever they want with biology who have demonstrated making and reversing plagues on large scales themselves, and worse comes to worst Scion (Worm) just pulling up and nullifying it's existence.

Forgot that some plagues had mind control.

But considering three logias are Top Tiers able to battle the God Tiers, some of them might survive.

Enel is in the moon so he survives by default

Law and some notable doctors might look for the anthidote at the same time. Vegapunk is the greatest genius in history and I wouldn't be surprised he has such knowledge.

The Pacifistas are also immune to the plague.

And IIRC, the plagues can't travel underwater, right? If the alarms start and the islands get isolated then Fishmen would be safe if they handle it before the plague reaches Fishman Island.

Back