• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"You Dare to Gaze?" - SCP-096 vs Cala Maria

My favourite fish lady and shy guy.

Why must you do this to the fish lady Schmuck?

Because it can be resisted and overcome through sheer force of will. Cuphead wasn't petrified forever when Cala froze him, and to pull a quote from John Wick 2 that perfectly describes 096:

096 is a man of focus, commitment, and sheer ******* will.

I doubt petrify will do much.

I guess SBA place bith in NY, so Maria has access to water. Depending of how the fight goes on, Cala has advantage in water and Shy-Guy have it on ground. Shy-Guy has nothing special against Maria, and she has Petrification, and last transformation has flight (its missing in her profile btw).

I think that is relative, isn't like the petrification of Maria is mortal, it just create a layer around its foe that works more as paralysis inducement rather than transmutation. Its still notable tho, even worst if Shy-Guy is in the water, it would instantly sinks.

It's always weird saying if someone actually resists an ability or if the ability just has limitations.

I feel like this is a case of the latter but I don't really care about Cuphead enough to spearhead a CRT.

Maria petrifies assuming it doesn't have a limitation; might call this a stomp if that's her first move.

Dargoo Faust said:
It's always weird saying if someone actually resists an ability or if the ability just has limitations.
I feel like this is the case for a lot of verses, tbh. We seem really reluctant to attribute weaknesses to characters.

She start to do on the second transformation and onward, take into account that the power is not mortal nor pasive, so by just watch it isn't enough.

It's Cala's only move in her Medusa form

I assume she starts out in her normal mermaid form so she mostly just pollutes danmaku everywhere.

You actually have to move the joystick to break out of the petrification otherwise you stay like that and die so it's not like it only lasts for a limited amount of time

Arrogant Schmuck said:
You actually have to move the joystick to break out of the petrification otherwise you stay like that and die so it's not like it only lasts for a limited amount of time
Considering this, couldn't 096 just shake it's way out of petrification?

And as for what Dargoo said, I'm pretty sure if a resistance isn't outright mentioned, it shouldn't be used as a resistance, rather a limitation for the ability.

Just want to point out that 096 is far from helpless in water seeing as it swam to the bottom of the ocean in one experiment to tear open a submarine

Sir Ovens said:
Considering this, couldn't 096 just shake it's way out of petrification?

And as for what Dargoo said, I'm pretty sure if a resistance isn't outright mentioned, it shouldn't be used as a resistance, rather a limitation for the ability.
No. There's no way of knowing if shaking is what negates the petrification or Cuphead's able to shake because he resists it. And since the petrification is permanent unless Cuphead actively breaks out of it you can't really say it has that limitation.

Then what would be an accurate description of what happens to Cuphead when he breaks out? Because saying that Cuphead can resist petrification with him having no prior mention to being able to do it is pretty off to me.

096 scales to effortlessly destroying aircraft and APC's and fighting 682 iirc, pretty sure he has the AP advantage

Sir Ovens said:
Then what would be an accurate description of what happens to Cuphead when he breaks out? Because saying that Cuphead can resist petrification with him having no prior mention to being able to do it is pretty off to me.
How come? There's no one else in the game who uses petrification to contradict that he can resist it and he clearly ca resist it

Back