• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoda (Star Wars) vs Meta Knight (Kirby)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meta Knight imo, Yoda's lightspeed reactions aren't fast enough to keep up with Meta Knight.

The problem is on Yoda's high end of the speed scale vs the lowest end of Meta Knight's speed, Meta Knight is 10x faster than Yoda.

I don't think Yoda's even going to be able to react.

This is so split

On one end. I had people tell me that Yoda would win then another Meta Knight would win---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7yuEmRoUVc

And you say Meta Knight would blitz Yoda say? I think not...

Especially when Yoda's own force acts almost like a Spider Sense or use it to augment his own speed, reflexes, and accuracy to keep up with people like Meta Knight

Not to sound like a Yoda fanboy--- But people seem depend too much only on his movie and TCW incarnation and not take his Expanded Universe feats into considerations

HeroicDefender97 said:
This is so split
On one end. I had people tell me that Yoda would win then another Meta Knight would win---

Especially when Yoda's own force acts almost like a Spider Sense or use it to augment his own speed, reflexes, and accuracy to keep up with people like Meta Knight

Not to sound like a Yoda fanboy--- But people seem depend too much only on his movie and TCW incarnation and not take his Expanded Universe feats into considerations
I'm a huge Star Wars Fanboy, especially older characters like Yoda, Sideous, Revan, and the like. The speed difference is too great for Yoda to overcome, 10x speed is the difference between an arrow (390 feet per second) and a .762 rifle shot (3900 feet per second), it's simply too great.

Aparajita said:
HeroicDefender97 said:
This is so split

I'm a huge Star Wars Fanboy, especially older characters like Yoda, Sideous, Revan, and the like. The speed difference is too great for Yoda to overcome, 10x speed is the difference between an arrow (390 feet per second) and a .762 rifle shot (3900 feet per second), it's simply too great.
I don't deny that, but even if doesn't look like Yoda could dance around with Meta Knight. He can, but this could go ether way...

If we're just going with TCW and Movie Yoda then yeah MK would probably take it by a mile, but if we're too include any of his Expanded Universe feats. Then this would be extremely tough.

Aparajita said:
HeroicDefender97 said:
This is so split

And being a master of the Form IV, Ataru Lightsaber Form

Yoda has often been able to move like a blur attacking from multiple directions, making it slightly difficult for Meta Knight to land a decent hit on him (not saying that he can't though).

This further evidenced as he was so fast that Count Dooku needed two Lightsabers to actually keep up with him. And another instance where he battled with three accomplished Jedi Masters Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, and Depa Billaba and was extremely evasive to the point where none of them were able to lay a finger on him.

So his speed isn't too far behind

Actually it would be an hard one, Meta Knight and Yoda have similar power, durability and speed. Meta Knight has the advantage that his attacks as the fire tornado makes him an eney wwith no blind spots, but his attacks have a short range (at least in SSBB) o that would be a great advantage for Yoda. Finally my result would be a win by Meta Knight, but just because Yoda is really old and Meta Knight has a Little more speed and durability, but it would be a fair fight and it would be really hard

People say that yoda is 10x slower than meta-knight? where does it say this? some people might take his movement, if including the smash/ssb series or any of the kirby games assuming that his cape is what makes him teleport rather than just a fast movement, as extremely fast due to his dimensional cape. Although meta-knight's DCape is not a part of his physical movement but is help from something beyond his own speed.

In a realistic battle, yoda would possibly have the upper hand since he could use the force to impede meta-knights sword from even coming close, or even meta-knights entire body from getting near but meta-knights dimensional cape could probably counter that as he could move where yoda wouldnt know possibly? Maybe if yoda was reading meta-knights mind possibly.

Also we cannot leave out the fact that both swords are not regular swords. Which one would overcome the other? its hard to tell since lightsabers are known to cut through just about anything, and sometimes its seen that the person weilding the blade has to use their own physical strength to cut through said objects, which proves that lightsabers are not just light objects but a physical embodiment of energy instead.

Meta-knights blade, the Galaxia, is a energy based weapon as well but not as much as a lightsaber. You can see this when meta-knight pulls out his blade from his short hilt which wouldnt hold a regular blade. You can see in the kirby anime that it has lightning like properties which can even create energy that slashes through the air at his opponents, not only in the anime but also in the games too.

Clashing, Galaxia would probably lose in power and meta-knight would be knocked back, but meta-knight has the extra range with the energy bursts (final cutter) so he could camp yoda out since yoda probably cant force against him completely with the force in that aspect. unless he can? in that case that would make for a very interesting fight which is very even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back