• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach vs. Grand Caster

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Burning

For the record, Solomon's Noble Phantasm is what gives him his Multi-Continent level AP, so I don't think you can restrict that.

Ultimately, I think this can go two ways.

One, Yhwach's Schrift counts as magecraft since it's a superhuman ability performed by a human with spiritual/magical powers. As a result, Solomon's Ten Rings will grant him control over The Almighty, allowing him to royally screw Yhwach over.

The other involves Solomon just ignoring Yhwach and going ahead with his usual plans, distorting history through the use of numerous Holy Grails before wiping out humanity's past, present, and future with Ars Almadel Salomonis.

His 6-B stats are when he's riding his Demon Gods. Saying that he can't use his High 6-A attack potency is the same as him not using his Noble Phantasm, which is out of character for him since it's literally the first thing he does in order to start rewriting and distorting history and thus setting up the events of Fate/Grand Order.

Jesus christ that's OP.

Even if it's just erasing, I'm gonna go with the guy who erases three spectrums of time instead of controlling just one.

@Core

Well, to be more specific, he can raze the surface of the planet at the dawn of humanity's creation to wipe them out across the rest of history. Since Yhwach isn't acausal and he's most certainly a human, he'll go down too.

I do not speak English fluently.

I'm from another country.

I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong.

Being able to see through the past of the future is more advantageous than just being able to choose the best destination.

Be able to Can control and annul almost any form of magic performed by humans will give a great advantage.

He is able to incinerate the surface of the Earth along with all human beings of all ages since the dawn of civilization. His destruction grants the Grand Caster the energy he needs to overcome Gaia's magical energy and reverse time in such a way that he can completely rewrite Earth's history and re-create it so that concepts he does not want, such as Concept of death.

In my view are several reasons for the Grand Caster to win

Question, does goetia see a linear future / past ? or is it everything that's possible if it's linear then yhwach negs lol.

@Stick

It's stated to be within the same tier of Clairvoyance as Gilgamesh, who is able to see all possible futures and always know the correct move, and can see Past, Present, and Future simultaneously. So yes.

@Stick

For the record, Yhwach is not acausal either.

Goetia can easily just roast him in the past or the entire planet with Ars Almadel Salomonis.

How can Goetia win again? Yhwach is immune to precognition, by absorbing Mimihagi's power of stagnation which stops all growth, progress and change. Is the reason why Yhwach became nigh-omniscient, basically he was downgraded from omniscient. Goetia can't see Yhwach's future. But I'll vote forGoetia, just to board the train. Lol

@AppleLord

Goetia doesn't even need Precog for this. He just has to ignore Yhwach and go about his usual plan of rewriting history.

Goetia time travels, roasts Yhwach when he was a baby along with all of humanity with Ars Almadel Salomonis, and rewrites history without the concept of Yhwach in it.

There's a probem right there.

A.) Why would Goetia do that at the start of the match? What makes him judge Yhwach as a treat that needs to be erased like that. This is a versus match, not Goetia's little story. They have no goals here, but to fight each other.

B.) If that's the case, the match will be a stomp, and no one said anything. Yhwach has no way of fighting back.

Question, lol "goetia goes back in time & roasts yhwach as a child" why would this disable yhwach from resurrecting himself through the future when the almighty is active?

@Stick I imagine it's because Yhwach's power is specifically tailored to altering the future alone, he hasn't shown the ability to alter past events so killing him as a child b4 he reaches the peak of his power is a sure fire way to defeat him

Davidsteel1 said:
@Stick I imagine it's because Yhwach's power is specifically tailored to altering the future alone, he hasn't shown the ability to alter past events so killing him as a child b4 he reaches the peak of his power is a sure fire way to defeat him
wouldn't he see himself vanishing from the future if he was killed in the past?

If ur referring to present Yhwach at the height of his power, then no cuz that Yhwach technically never existed in the first place. If ur referring to his child form; that's assuming he's anywhere remotely as powerful as he is in the future. It's difficult to explain cuz well it's time travel

i just noticed lol question, do you think that yhwach would allow goetia to time travel in the first place?..

also if he were to go back in time (when the almighty is active) then yhwach should be able to see himself disappear from the future when he gets killed by goetia in the past unless if he has full control over the past/ present / the future when people are killed in the past they disappear from the future but yhwach should be able to see this coming end negate it with the almighty

(if the almighty is active atleast)

As for Yhwach allowing Goeita to time travel in the first place I don't know I'm not familiar with Goeita. But for the second, think of time linearly, Yhwach can't see himself disappearing in the future cuz 1) he dies in the past and Yhwach can't change the past and 2) the adult Yhwach in question wouldn't exist anyway so he wouldn't be able to see anything

Reading this thread there is a problem with the logic here.

Going back in time and erasing his existance would work however the problem is that is going to happen in the future where Yhwach can still see and alter it.

For example after Yhwach broke Ichigos sword Tsukishima came along and altered his past to one where it did not happen. Yhwach still knew this was going to happen even though it's past altering.

So i say Yhwach wins

That was only because the result of Tsukishimas actions still held on to the present, what's happening here is entirely different, if Yhwach is erased in the past that means his presence in the current timeline will cease to exist- unlike Tsukaishima who was changing a relatively tiny detail in history Goeita would be removing Yhwach entirely from the equation.

Not sure if ur misunderstanding or I am.

Heres the sequence of events:

Versus Match starts/Almighty is active> using Timetravel shenanigans. The almighty can see what hes attempting to do because it hasnt happened yet.

Im not saying goetia cant erase him that way, because i said he could above.

Oh I see, ur saying he could "see" Goeita's actions in the future and hence prevent him from time traveling in the first place. Yeah I misunderstood u apologies.

if Yhwach is erased in the past that means his presence in the current timeline will cease to exist-

I don't know if this applies to Yhwach. He said that he gaze from up on high all possible futures, making his world a none linear timeline, so he won't be deleted. This should be a rule for shows were the future is not linear and it doesn't change anything.

Also, in the SJ Japanese raw Yhwach says that he can overwrite his death in past sentence. Same when Ichigo arrive in the palace, Yhwach saw the past events of Ichigo and Ichibei's conversation.

In his own words, he needs to gaze at something to know its future. Isn't that looking into the past? If it happened before he cursed someone's name, implying he didn't see it until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back