• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you can literally see spirits and abstract beings in Skyrim the "invisibility" isn't going to help it.

Should we bring up the Higher-Dimensional Senses that powerful mages have?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Fate / Causality Hax isn't going to do anything to a guy who's completely unbound by either. So Almighty is useless.
Not really. Just because he is unbound from Causality and Fate, just means that the Almighty's Fate Hax doesn't work on the Dovahkiin.

The Almighty can still powernull and can effect Yhwach and the area that they are fighting on.

So it's not useless.

To do what exactly, curl into a ball and cry? I don't see how neither of this will work. He can't fate hax to ensure a victory on himself or evolve through fate hax against a Prisoner.

Fate haxing himself to do what exactly.

So what? I mean you can't power null the Thu'um it's not a "power".

Don't see how this would help in this fight.

Ah hell, was going to make a Yhwach vs TGD thread but saw this and I'm now rethinking it because it might turn ugly.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Fate / Causality Hax isn't going to do anything to a guy who's completely unbound by either. So Almighty is useless.
Besides it reviving yhwach correct

So here's what happens assuming Dovah resists his soul disintegrating from yhwach existing

Yhwach doesn't see Dovah in the future so he instantly uses death dealing to turn everything near dovahkiin lethal he then uses the balance and antithesis to reverse any harm which comes to him by switching his state with that if the dragonborns if for some reason the dragonborn hasn't been murderstompped by now he uses the visionary to make himself stronger while creating anything else he wants while thinking he can't lose, which as shown by gremmy makes it the truth. At this point dovahkiin has died 500 times over and Yhwach hasn't even lifted a finger

@kong I know the pains I'm on mobile too it was a joke

Arguing fate hax working on Prisoner is like arguing it works on 1-C daedric princes who obviously failed to use their 1-C version. No wonder many forums banned Ywach for his Almighty wank.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Ah hell, was going to make a Yhwach vs TGD thread but saw this and I'm now rethinking it because it might turn ugly.
This is going to be a repeat of Fiamma vs Dovahkiin.

I'm honestly considering banning Dovahkiin matches at this point. He is spammed far more than any other TES character and fights often lead to controversies due to casuals who don't know the lore + misinterpretations from both sides + shit not on profile being abused + endless downplay from a select couple individuals.

Matthew Schroeder said:
To do what exactly, curl into a ball and cry? I don't see how neither of this will work. He can't fate hax to ensure a victory on himself or evolve through fate hax against a Prisoner.
You're not trolling are you?

He can ressurect himself, alter his fate, The Almighty needs only a glance to do anything. Not like he needs it anyway.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Almighty can powernull the Dovahkiin, and if Yhwach is killed the Almighty can bring him back from the dead, it can leave traps in the ground for the Dovahkiin to step on, et cetera.

It's far from useless, not to mention, Yhwach has the other Sternritter powers with him in this fight.

This is going to be a repeat of Fiamma vs Dovahkiin.

I'm honestly considering banning Dovahkiin matches at this point. He is spammed far more than any other TES character and fights often lead to controversies due to casuals who don't know the lore + misinterpretations from both sides + shit not on profile being abused + endless downplay from a select couple individuals.

Banning anything related to Player heroes at the moment

I agree with banning Dovahkiin or even all protagonists. Almost no one does any research before hand, and even when it's presented it's usually dissmissed and it leads to deraliment of threads.

I love how people are only arguing against fate hax which is obvious, but dodigng Dragonborn just passively dying due to his soul getting obliterated in Yhwach's presence. Unless some soul resistance feats are brought up for 6-A Dragonborn.

There's better Fate Hax in TES than the Almighty. See Barfok who can use the Thu'um to enforce outcomes and shape the future. Or Y'frre's Spinners who can manipulate the song / story of reality to weave the future storylines and manipulate what happens and what can happens.

Or Y'fre himself who literally defined linear time on Nirn and weaves its storyline including the branching future paths to the story.

Or Sotha Sil whose Clockwork City is an universe-sized tonal magic mechanism which reshapes reality and literally forges the future

The same Sotha Sil, the Low 1-C God who has a 7 minute dialogue explaining that he, like everyone else in the Aurbis, is bound to the chains of deterministic causality that applies to the whole dream of the Godhead...

... Except for the Prisoners.

So yes, the Prisoners are unbound by chains of causality that apply to Tier 1 beings with Causality / Time / Fate Manipulation themselves.

You're not trolling are you?

He can ressurect himself, alter his fate, The Almighty needs only a glance to do anything. Not like he needs it anyway.

Accuse a mod is trolling. That's some ball you have there

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I love how people are only arguing against fate hax which is obvious, but dodigng Dragonborn just passively dying due to his soul getting obliterated in Yhwach's presence. Unless some soul resistance feats are brought up for 6-A Dragonborn.
Souls in Elder Scrolls Metaphysics are 1-A.

Do you want me to go on a multi-paragraph rant people won't read explaining the metaphysics of The Animus, AE, and the Lunar Currency cycle of the Dreamsleeve?

Ban every tes protagonists from having matches until a few things are explained on their profiles

1. Prisoner metaphysics a blog doesn't cut it if its not on the profile It can't be used as an argument list the abilities it grants and the link the blog at the bottom of the page

2. Daedric artifacts, Explain their power and their tier so they can be restricted no other characters get to have low 1-C items in every tier

3. Aedric artifacts for the same reasons

4. Anything else that is missing from the profiles

Matthew Schroeder said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Souls in Elder Scrolls Metaphysics are 1-A.
Do you want me to go on a multi-paragraph rant people won't read explaining the metaphysics of The Animus, AE, and the Lunar Currency cycle of the Dreamsleeve?
So you're saying Dragonborn has a 1-A Soul?

Can we close this? I will create a blog about the legendary artifacts while Matthew and Ultima should finish their works. You should save the explanation for Animus, Thu'um,... for another blogs. Matthew

@Matt we don't want you to go on a rant we want this stuff explained on the profiles where relevant if this stuff makes characters literally unusable in lower tier matches this stuff needs to be at least slightly explained on the profiles not in a blog that 90% of the people making the matches won't have read

All beings in TES have 1-A AE. Because all things in the Dream on a fundamental level are composed of AE. The soul in TES has two layers basically, the Animus and the AE. The Animus is the skin that is composed of personality, experiences and memories, and is recycled endlessly with each reincarnation. The AE is the primal state of Being that defines one's Existence on a fundamental level, which predates the invention of the concepts of Space and Time before the Aurbis formed and the Et'Ada erupted from infinite ineffability.

Because every souls in Elder Scrolls was once an Et'Ada, an Original Spirit unbound by everything save their own consciousness. Quoting Crowley, "Every Man and every Woman is a Star". Which is related to the concept of CHIM which is realizing this truth about yourself and uncoiling the winged splendor of your soul and ascending to royalty to wear a crown of starlight among the heavens.

So yes, the Dovahkiin has a 1-A soul. All things have.

I think it's clear that Elder Scrolls is far too complex to be used in vs debates. Especially since it's pretty much required for you to have knowledge and do some research beforehand. Elder Scrolls matches or at least protagonist matches should be banned I think, at least for the time being. Too much of a mess the threads become.

My bad TDG Lowest form.
I don't think Yhwach can get pass that regen...

Oh well. Anyway I'll stop detailing.

This literally happens in Elder Scrolls Online with the Vestige.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Aios

AIOS: "Beginning entity analysis. Entity exists outside known possipoints. Transitioning to general reception array.
Hello."
The Vestige: "What are you?"
AIOS: "I am AIOS, the Automata Incarnum Overseer System. Master sil created me to maintain and supervise the substrata operations of Clockwork City.
This partition can provide answers to class-seven queries only. Thank you for your understanding."

AIOS, the AI (Automata Incarnum) that operates the Clockwork City's systems and computer mechanisms runs a scanning analysis on the Vestige, and concludes that they are an entity which exists outside "all known possipoints". Or possibility-points, aka, the branching paths of future that history and time takes.

The Prisoners exist outside all possibility. They are glitches in reality.

Also, don't even try dismiss AIOS' scanning as faulty and innacurate. Elder Scrolls has scanning technology that shames those of most Science Fiction settings. Here's what much less advanced technology (Created and used by lesser Daedra of Molag Bal, as opposed to Sotha Sil, the Clockwork Tinkerer God and one of the most brilliant scientists in the Aurbis):

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedra_Dossier:_Cold-Flame_Atronach

"Availing myself of the spare transliminal scanner stored in the Tower of Lies, I set myself the task of reviewing by survey all the Oblivion planes within range of its infralux pseudocortex. I scanned over 37,000 different planes, chaos realms, and pocket realities before I found what I was looking for in DOP 9497.15, known to its curious inhabitants as "The Fourth Sinus of Takubar." I immediately recognized the plane as a sort of decalescent inversion of DOP 6, "Infernace," well known to conjurers of all races as the home plane of the common flame atronach."

Doesn't Yhwach have the Balance? From what I remember if The DB damages Yhwach he can simply revert the damage. And if he has the X-axis then wouldn't be be intangible to the DB given the fact that the Quincy who had it was able to stay intangible against people who can hit things that are already intangible?

Paul Frank said:
Ban every tes protagonists from having matches until a few things are explained on their profiles
1. Prisoner metaphysics a blog doesn't cut it if its not on the profile It can't be used as an argument list the abilities it grants and the link the blog at the bottom of the page

2. Daedric artifacts, Explain their power and their tier so they can be restricted no other characters get to have low 1-C items in every tier

3. Aedric artifacts for the same reasons

4. Anything else that is missing from the profiles
^ and close this thread

Why are we arguing about the Dovahkiin's Acausality?

No one was making the argument that the Almighty's Fatehax would work on the Dovahkiin, and now that we know Reiatsu crush won't work, we can continue the debate.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There's better Fate Hax in TES than the Almighty. See Barfok who can use the Thu'um to enforce outcomes and shape the future. Or Y'frre's Spinners who can manipulate the song / story of reality to weave the future storylines and manipulate what happens and what can happens.
Or Y'fre himself who literally defined linear time on Nirn and weaves its storyline including the branching future paths to the story.

Or Sotha Sil whose Clockwork City is an universe-sized tonal magic mechanism which reshapes reality and literally forges the future

The same Sotha Sil, the Low 1-C God who has a 7 minute dialogue explaining that he, like everyone else in the Aurbis, is bound to the chains of deterministic causality that applies to the whole dream of the Godhead...

... Except for the Prisoners.

So yes, the Prisoners are unbound by chains of causality that apply to Tier 1 beings with Causality / Time / Fate Manipulation themselves.
Wait

So it's type 4 acausality that's better than Type 5 acausality?

Imagine you ar having the most acid trip ballsy dream in the world, dreaming up an entire universe with its own gods, mortals, worlds and history, and seeing it all play out from an omniscient third-person perspective without ever interfering with it. You know it is a dream, or maybe you're so far deep inside your own dreaming you don't really realize it anymore. Regardless, you can see it all, and you know it's all your imagination, and you can't really interact with it.

... Then all of a sudden a random ordinary person inside your dream turns their head, and looks straight at you, through the walls of the dream, and goes: "Hi. I can see you, Dreamer. I know this is all just in your head, that none of this really exists. That I, as a figment of your imagination, don't exist. Except I'm acquired self-awareness now. I don't care that I'm just a fragment of your dream. I exist because I will it to be so. I am now as real as you."

This is how CHIM works and it's terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back