• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I gotta question that tier High 2-A of YHVH though... Cus i dont remember there is a connection between DeSu2 and mainline SMT that would put YHVH above Canopus. DeSu2 never mentions the great war between Law and Chaos, Demons are actually not demons from The Expanses (they are actually just datas from Akashic Record, not the supernatural forces shaped by humans observation).

This is just a question tho, in case i missinh something that would show the connection between DeSu2 and the mainline

...Kagutsuchi is baseline. His death lead to the destruction of Amala multiverse arcross all past, future and present. Dont remember what put Kagutsuchi above baseline, since most of the 2-A feat are scailed from him

I alway though destruction a totality of space-time continnum like sangai isnt something impressive, since you can destroy all past-future and present of a universe, you're just low 2-C.

Welp, if this is accepted then i have no problem with it

Clockwork Cookies said:
Kagutsuchi wasn't sustaining only an infinite multiverse, he was keeping the existence of an eternal cycle which involved infinite universes dying, only to be replaced by completely separate ones containing new laws (i.e the reborn Universes weren't the same as their previous iterations and were their own separate things)

His death destroyed all Universes and all of their infinite iterations, as well as time itself.

Also, about the Devil Survivor 2 thing... I actually recall a trio of Jack Frosts referencing the Demon World. Might have to check it to confirm, and Beelzebub saying he came from "far away" just to find the Protagonists, and you also fights a bunch of Classic Demons like Lilith in the game and New Game+, who act like characters with personalities. Not... Stands

'EDIT: Just remembered it was from DeSu1. reee

Not sure about the DeSu2 part, it's still too vague to conclude that YHVH has any dominiance over the Devil Survivor 2 multiverse. Not to mention the multiverse was govern directly by the Akashic Record and no mentions about Heaven and Hell. Even Polaris's throne was being called "Heavenly Throne" to show it's authority over the multiverse, not YHVH's authority

SMT having multiple Multiverses is not something new. Schrodinger explicitly states that YHVH's World is different from the one governed by Brahman in Digital Devil Saga 2, and Stephen states in the Massacre Route of Apocalypse that The Goddess of Tokyo travelled to another "Universe" outside of YHVH's Creation to find another Messiah to take down Nanashi

well, i actually got used to Multiple settings in SMT :p

After all, the world in Devil Survivor 1 was stolen by YHVH from Bel, which should proves that his omnipresent dont actually cover all of existence

Yeh. SMT having multiple creations separated from YHVH's multiverse also fits nicely with a translation of Megami Tensei II where He says that there are others "Universes" governed by beings like Him out there

Devil Survivor 1 probably takes place in YHVH's multiverse though

Plottwist : SMT 5 is where we have Nanashi as final boss, lol

Anyway, shouldnt that proves YHVH cant be scailed from the other supreme entity from the other setting ? There are alway one that stronger than another, after all

EDIT : DeSu1 are directly stated to be created by Bel, until YHVH came over and wreck Bel into pieces

Well, It is honestly hard to believe the main threat of the entire franchise is weaker than the Antagonist of a single game

But still, no relationship between these two make the scailing look unreliable. We cant go with the logic that YHVH is so frightening in the mainline so he's probally stronger than some other supreme entity in other settings that he has no relation to.

Clockwork Cookies said:
DeSu1 are directly stated to be created by Bel, until YHVH came over and wreck Bel into pieces
Really? I only remember Loki saying The King of Bel governed the world during the times of ancient Mesopotamia until YHVH came in and tore him apart

Huh, i guess i have forgotten about that, it's been a while since the time i played DeSu1. That does show Devil Survivor 1 was happen in YHVH's multiverse.

Back