• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJK - Yet Another Speed Revision

Giannysmag

He/Him
So as of now basically everyone in the verse is scaled to Subsonic+ from this Yuji calc, which has several issues as @SunDaGamer outlined here and here. There's even a recalc that brought the feat down to average human level. So lets fix it

Low - Mid Tier Speed
To replace the Yuji calc we have a feat of Megumi catching some arrows, which puts them at Subsonic (Mach 0.34). This would scale to practically everyone in the verse as Megumi is average in terms of physical stats and CE reinforcement among the students, with numerous characters in the series keeping up with him (Yuji, Finger bearer, Kamo, GW Maki). The only ones that wouldn't scale to him would be Megumi himself pre-Goodwill, Nobara pre-Goodwill and Miwa who would be Unknown and BOS Yuji who would stay at Superhuman.

High Tier Speed

Toji is able to perform this Subsonic+ feat, while also being able to blitz characters from the previous tier like Dagon and Megumi himself.

Maki (Post Awakening) (Stated numerous times to be Tojis equal)
Naobito (Without stacking speed) (Is the second faster sorcerer, putting him above Naoya who was keeping up with Post Awakening Maki)
Sukuna (3 fingers) (Comparable to Toji in speed)
Jogo (Superior to 3 fingers of Sukuna)
Kenjaku (Could have defeated Jogo had they fought)
Yuta (Blitzed Kenjaku)
Yuki (Can tag Kenjaku)

Uh, didnt even know that my calc were being used. How sad. You guys shouldnt use anything from me before 2022.

Seems fine, but I can see people arguing that Toji scales higher

Uh, didnt even know that my calc were being used. How sad. You guys shouldnt use anything from me before 2022.
The effects of your calcs on the JJK verse have been disasterous
Seems fine, but I can see people arguing that Toji scales higher
You definitely could but i wanna keep this as just a calc replacement thread rather than a speed upgrade

One thing I’m skeptical with is making these high tiers (Top Tiers!!!!) Subsonic+ when they most likely are relative to Hakari.

This part is not that much related to your CRT, which I agree with btw. I think all these top tiers are in the same ballpark, be it with pure physicals or cursed energy enhancement.

I think we had more than enough time to accept that MHS Jujutsu Kaisen is not a thing and that calc is obviously an outlier.

Again, I’m not disagreeing with your CRT, just making a general complaint. I have a CRT for this planned already but I will not post it now given we’re 1 day away from Christmas and I don’t wanna spend this special day debating with internet battleboard nerds. I also don’t wanna make yall debate during this day.

For the Yuji and cursed spirit feat. this is a better version to use. The other one inflates the speed down to a low end and also uses frame per second timeframes which can be very wishy washy and really should be only used as a last resort, the movement of his arm also on a high end. This would BoS Yuji at Mach 0.20-0.42, excluding the high end value.

I think we had more than enough time to accept that MHS Jujutsu Kaisen is not a thing and that calc is obviously an outlier.
Regardless of the calcs or not the lightning timing itself isn't really a contradiction to anything. even from narrative scaling and prospecting it is valid. Just recent speed scaling and misunderstanding has deluded some peoples of how the speed scaling works in jjk. but that's a different topic

Canon timeframes for reactions arc applicable
That's not applicable to Ino because he's Semi-Grade 1 level at best unless you're saying Kamo and Inumaki who were blindsided by Hanami should be comparable to Todo who can react to Hanami's surprise attacks, the 0.0291s timeframe is used in this case

That's not applicable to Ino because he's Semi-Grade 1 level at best unless you're saying Kamo and Inumaki who were blindsided by Hanami should be comparable to Todo who can react to Hanami's surprise attacks, the 0.0291s timeframe is used in this case
Ino is stated to become a semi grade 1 easily/no time and in the same conversation he says he doesn't want to get promoted with Nanami's approval, which he obviously can't because of how JJK promotions work. Also Kamo is only semi-grade 1 and Inomaki is grade 2, so he would out scale them. Especially he can keep up with Yuji and Nanami.

Also JJK grade ranking are hella unreliable since your technique along can just promote you with your other attribute to consider. We know Goodwill Todo can react in these times and Yuji keeps up, and by Shibuya everyone is fighting characters who would be equal if not above goodwill yuji.

Ino is stated to become a semi grade 1 easily/no time and in the same conversation he says he doesn't want to get promoted with Nanami's approval, which he obviously can't because of how JJK promotions work. Also Kamo is only semi-grade 1 and Inomaki is grade 2, so he would out scale them. Especially he can keep up with Yuji and Nanami.

Also JJK grade ranking are hella unreliable since your technique along can just promote you with your other attribute to consider. We know Goodwill Todo can react in these times and Yuji keeps up, and by Shibuya everyone is fighting characters who would be equal if not above goodwill yuji.
Ino's only reason for having 0.01s reaction time in your calc is because you're saying he's comparable to Todo because Todo is a Grade 1 Sorcerer and Nanami says Ino is Semi-Grade 1 level (despite the Hanami fights showing the gap between Grade 1s and Semi-Grade 1s with Kamo and Inumaki getting washed). Neither Yuji nor Todo have any scaling to the granny and other curse user Ino fought so Ino has no reason to scale unless you loosely use the Grade rankings which you are now saying are unreliable.

Stand pround. You can calc
IMG_20231228_002703.png

Ino's only reason for having 0.01s reaction time in your calc is because you're saying he's comparable to Todo because Todo is a Grade 1 Sorcerer and Nanami says Ino is Semi-Grade 1 level (despite the Hanami fights showing the gap between Grade 1s and Semi-Grade 1s with Kamo and Inumaki getting washed). Neither Yuji nor Todo have any scaling to the granny and other curse user Ino fought so Ino has no reason to scale unless you loosely use the Grade rankings which you are now saying are unreliable.
There is probably some gap in power and/or skill but I don't see it being that big. I remember Kamo and Inumaki handling Hanami pretty well for the short time they fought. Inumaki was able to dodge and evade Hanami, leading them on a chase. Also, he even got the drop on Todo.

Now, I wouldn't say the grading system is unreliable, it's not a magically 100% accurate way of measuring a sorcerer's raw power and capabilities like some series. For example, Maki being stuck at grade 4 even though she's grade 1 level around the school exchange arc solely b/c the Zenins (and possibly others) are constantly denying her any chance at a promotion. She's denied her proper ranking due to the bias and misjudgments of those that should have given it. There're also those times when a curse ends up being a higher grade then assigned b/c that information wasn't there during the ranking process or someone's trying to screw over a student (cough Yuji, cough Yuta).

Hopefully this came out right.

Back