• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yelan's Ap

Based on this calc, I want to upgrade Yelan's Ap.

As you can see, she has an Ap at High 7-A, but I'm not sure if that should be in her basic attack or if it's Breakthrough Barb.

So I had two thoughts for your Ap:

• 7-B, High 7-A with Breakthrough Barb

• High 7-A, higher with Breakthrough Barb

I need everyone's opinions.

As for the Ap 7-B misfire, that's summarized. But I'll wait for someone to fix it later. Right now I only upgrade this thing.

I don't think "piercing through the clouds" means it dispersed every cloud in sight, just that it shot through them

With the saying "piercing through clouds with might that could shatter the dome of heaven itself", it is unsurprisingly interpreted as she blowing the clouds away. And there is also a story that after that the sky was clear. That only reinforced that she really blew those clouds.

Ok so I read through the whole story and it does seem like it dispersed the clouds, so I agree.

Tho I do have one question. Does this scale to anyone other than yelan?

As for how her AP should be rated, it depends on whether it was the arrow that dispersed the clouds or the explosion of water afterwards

Looks like I need some help from the other staff, but the problem is I don't know who plays this game. Nehz_XZX received the message. He will come to help later.

Are you sure that English translations are accurate from Chinese? Because currently, Genshin has frequent problems with translations that don't match the Chinese language. I think this issue should be discussed.

I don't think there should be any problem. Most of the time, mistranslations occur with comparative phrases and slang that are difficult to interpret. But this has its own clear meaning. Even though it's not 100% the same as the original. but it definitely shouldn't have much effect.

That is still just a speculation. To be more certain, we should refer to the Chinese language for clarity. I have tried to translate some parts by myself, but there are several points where the translations are not the same. However, I have not included it here because I am not sure.

Must wait for the person who has her in the ID to come because I didn't open her. due to insufficient budget

I'm not sure if they need to play the game, they just need to give their opinion on what works best for Yelan's AP using any previous conversations.

Why is she 8-B, High 7-A with Breakthrough Barb? There's nothing to say she used it in that attack. Because to say it was a vision attack in her key 8-B It's also a vision-based attack.

I'm just trying to say that there's no definite indication that her attack in that calculation is Breakthrough Barb.

Yes but it's probably the easiest assumption to make given there is no other part of her moveset that does this though, we don't need definite proof when the similarities are obvious enough.

Regardless, I think it should be Genshin's internal policy that any calculations that do not include official Chinese description interpretation should be disregarded. This was how we went from 7-B to 8-B with just the change of a single word.

She simply aimed it and shot an arrow.

Her Key 8-B has a similar attack feat. So I think it should be High 7-A, higher with Breakthrough Barb.

She simply aimed it and shot an arrow.

Her Key 8-B has a similar attack feat. So I think it should be High 7-A, higher with Breakthrough Barb.
And it formed an explosion similar to her breakthrough barb. Again, not difficult to connect the dots.

Her 8-B key comes from Guhua cutting a forest and roughly scaling to Traveler. If you're referring to the time she shot down a skyfrost nail with her arrow that's literally her Breakthrough Barb.

Rough translation: With a single arrow, like a flying thunderbolt and a white rainbow, it had the momentum to penetrate the sky. In an instant, the mountain springs churned and stirred, called forth by an invisible force, and transformed into several water arrows that spiraled upwards.

The arrows intersected and gathered in mid-air, creating a water curtain that exploded into existence like a sudden summer downpour.

However, there were no flying butterflies or rainbows after the rain. Instead, a faintly colored beam of light descended and landed in the hands of Ye Lan.

There is no such context in the given text that describes the spreading of clouds across the sky. The text mainly describes the launch of an arrow, the transformation of mountain springs into water arrows, and the descent of a beam of light into the hands of Ye Lan.

Saying that it pierces the sky and has light after the rain I think that's enough for the interpretation that she blew the clouds away.

I think the context is just trying to showcase Yelan's ability to shoot an arrow up into the sky and to gather water to create a burst of water, causing rain to fall. There is no context that directly states that she caused the clouds to spread across the sky.

Making it rain ≠ spreading clouds to the edge of the sky. Nevertheless, there is still no context that shows that the clouds actually spread out to the edge of the sky, and it is normal for the sun to come out after the rain. If Yelan really spread the clouds out to the edge of the sky, there would be no rain falling at all.

It could make for a good lifting strength feats given she managed to shoot an arrow past the clouds but what we're seeing here shows why we need to see the original text before making assumptions with its translation

It could make for a good lifting strength feats given she managed to shoot an arrow past the clouds but what we're seeing here shows why we need to see the original text before making assumptions with its translation
Why lifting strength?

I don't think shooting an arrow is LS at all. If you mean the force needed to pull the bowstring before shooting, I don't think that can be considered LS. Because the acceleration of the arrow is probably due to her archer more than her arm strength.

I'm not sure. Judging from her feat, her ap is much stronger than the traveler in the inazuma arc.
Inazuma Traveler trashed Signora, who's much stronger than Foul Legacy Childe, then fought Ei in the Realm of Euthymia and held their own for an unknown period of time, but was eventually defeated

I don't think Yelan's stronger than Inazuma Traveler

If you read in her profile you wouldn't think that. There are obvious reasons behind it.

Back