• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yatsukahagi Durability Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Yatsukahagi, their Durability keys are called hyperversal due to them existing in another phase in physics.

I'm sorry, but why did nobody question this? It's blatantly stated in the scans used that it wasn't durability but merely disconnection.

立っている場所がそもそも違うという断絶感。
A sense of disconnection, that the place where we are standing isn't the same to begin with.

This isn't how durability works. In fact, the only reason Akuro was unaffected was because of the different phase in physics, rather than his actual durability

However, for a substitution, I'd put in Type 9 Immortality for the Yatsukahagi, which makes more sense, definitionally, rather than what was put there.

Uhhm kind of agree since the reason why soujiro could not cut him was because he said he is disconnected from him, so yeah it is type 9 immortality and also 1B durability since you need to be on their level of existence to hurt them

Type 9 is using an avatar, which isn't the case. So no, it doesn't make any sense

The disconnection is based on them still keeping their higher dimensional nature, making lower dimensional attacks useless.

So I disagree with the removal. Giving them an ability they don't have isn't an alternative.
Again, it's less of being an avatar and more of being of a completely different plane of existence, which is precisely why it was stated that Soujirou and Akuro weren't of the same "destination" at all. It's pretty blatant with that.

Again, it's less of being an avatar and more of being of a completely different plane of existence, which is precisely why it was stated that Soujirou and Akuro weren't of the same "destination" at all. It's pretty blatant with that.
Which is just them being higher dimensional, as explained in the scene itself.

It's just a lower dimensional being not being able to affect a higher one.
Nothing less, nothing more.

Which is just them being higher dimensional, as explained in the scene itself.

It's just a lower dimensional being not being able to affect a higher one.
Nothing less, nothing more.
Again, it had nothing to do with their durability, tho. The fact that they exist on completely different planes when Soujirou launched the attack should have been enough proof that it wasn't merely durability, but something else.

You reversed the saying so it sounds weird. That's a nitpick though.

Otherwise, I agree with Yuri. If anything Hadou God's should have type 9 for being able to make sensories.
That's true, but I haven't gotten to that. Also, why was Avatar Creation even removed, anyway?

Again, it had nothing to do with their durability, tho. The fact that they exist on completely different planes when Soujirou launched the attack should have been enough proof that it wasn't merely durability, but something else.
Dude, they aren't litteraly in different places.
It explains that it is more than mere robustness by explaining how a human is unaffected by fiction, while still being here.

Dude, they aren't litteraly in different places.
It explains that it is more than mere robustness by explaining how a human is unaffected by fiction, while still being here.
Exactly, if it's more than merely robustness, which is literally how durability works, then it's not an applicable feat for durability.

I mean...Merc puts avatars...Marie does the same...Hajun did it...could you get a scan that shows that it's not them actually making avatars?
Merc was a Throne God, Marie's manifestation is an outlier among Gudo and Hajun only "hijacked" Madara (also he was a Throne God).

Teratoma litteraly was able to create Habaki and Rindou because it is a Throne thing.

Exactly, if it's more than merely robustness, which is literally how durability works, then it's not an applicable feat for durability.
Technically, since they're tier 1, durability isn't as simple as being tough.

They're still like, in the area, but since it's tier 7 characters fighting a tier 1, of course they wouldn't be able to hurt them.

Technically, since they're tier 1, durability isn't as simple as being tough.

They're still like, in the area, but since it's tier 7 characters fighting a tier 1, of course they wouldn't be able to hurt them.
Yeah, that's true. But, with what happened in the fight, it didn't make much sense for it to be merely durability seeing as they're blatantly stated to not be in the same place, which is why I said type 9 immortality would probably be better.

Yeah, that's true. But, with what happened in the fight, it didn't make much sense for it to be merely durability seeing as they're blatantly stated to not be in the same place, which is why I said type 9 immortality would probably be better.
Dude, Akuro isn't litteraly fighting from another place. It's just a feeling of him being on another level entirely.

Dude, Akuro isn't litteraly fighting from another place. It's just a feeling of him being on another level entirely.
Again, it was pretty blatant when it states that they were basically fighting from different places. Of course, you could probably still interpret this as durability, I just found it as a weird piece of evidence for durability.

Again, it was pretty blatant when it states that they were basically fighting from different places. Of course, you could probably still interpret this as durability, I just found it as a weird piece of evidence for durability.
It is proof that regulating their outflow only influence their AP, but not their durability.

It is proof that regulating their outflow only influence their AP, but not their durability.
Again, it's still a pretty weird piece of evidence for durability. I'm fairly certain there could have been better evidence, but using this probably wasn't the best. Maybe it would have been better to use the Madara vs Morei fight instead. Morei being above Madara who already has Taikyoku.

Again, it's still a pretty weird piece of evidence for durability. I'm fairly certain there could have been better evidence, but using this probably wasn't the best. Maybe it would have been better to use the Madara vs Morei fight instead. Morei being above Madara who already has Taikyoku.
Madara's durability is currently a "Varies", so it wouldn't be a good evidence imo.

Also his case is really a unique one, so he can't be treated like any Taikyoku user.

Madara's durability is currently a "Varies", so it wouldn't be a good evidence imo.

Also his case is really a unique one, so he can't be treated like any Taikyoku user.
That's true, but it still would have been better evidence.

The thing is, that’s not how type 9 works…
It is. They aren't having different selves fighting and getting killed, unlike what type 9 immortals have.

I think you really misunderstand what this immortality is about (since you're arguing that HDE = Type 9 Immortality).

It is. They aren't having different selves fighting and getting killed, unlike what type 9 immortals have.

I think you really misunderstand what this immortality is about (since you're arguing that HDE = Type 9 Immortality).
It really isn’t… my point was that they exist in completely different realms (kinda), one being higher dimensional. That would be type 9 for the yatsukshagi. However, on second thought, I’m not against keeping the higher dimensional durability. But the immortality should anyways be added.

It really isn’t… my point was that they exist in completely different realms (kinda), one being higher dimensional. That would be type 9 for the yatsukshagi. However, on second thought, I’m not against keeping the higher dimensional durability. But the immortality should anyways be added.
It REALLY isn't what type 9 is about.

It doesn't matter pushing it if it's not what it qualifies as to begin with.
Tenmas don't have a "true self" outside the one you fight, nor does their death means there's a true self still alive elsewhere.

They aren't in litteral different places too (it's litteraly a comparison), it's just the fact that one is higher dimensional in nature.

It REALLY isn't what type 9 is about.

It doesn't matter pushing it if it's not what it qualifies as to begin with.
Tenmas don't have a "true self" outside the one you fight, nor does their death means there's a true self still alive elsewhere.

They aren't in litteral different places too (it's litteraly a comparison), it's just the fact that one is higher dimensional in nature.
I know, but the whole point is that the whole disconnection factor should still count for type 9 immortality in this case

I know, but the whole point is that the whole disconnection factor should still count for type 9 immortality in this case
Which isn't type 9.
You can't just decide to invent them a power they don't have just because you interpret a feeling in a specific way. After all it is just the feeling it gave him, which is right after explained to just be that one of them is higher dimensional. Anyone fighting a higher dimensional being would likely have the same feeling Soujriou had.

Besides, type 9 immortality in Shinza is stuff like being a Sensory, and what's in the OP isn't immortality at all.

Agree with Yuri too and as he said it's more a feeling when hitting him than a literal thing for Akuro about being in a different place

Which isn't type 9.
You can't just decide to invent them a power they don't have just because you interpret a feeling in a specific way. After all it is just the feeling it gave him, which is right after explained to just be that one of them is higher dimensional. Anyone fighting a higher dimensional being would likely have the same feeling Soujriou had.

Besides, type 9 immortality in Shinza is stuff like being a Sensory, and what's in the OP isn't immortality at all.
I guess. I think we're done, then. Could you close the thread, Yuri?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back