• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long vs Pikachu

Well aside from Pikachu's speed advantage he also has hax advantage with plenty of options for paralyzing Yang to make her even slower and making her unable to attack 25% of the time. Pikachu wins

Looks like Yang's gonna need a hand!

...sorry. But yeah, it seems that Yang gets bodied here. It was not until recently that Pikachu stopped being able to solo RWBY.

WarriorWare said:
Looks like Yang's gonna need a hand!
...sorry. But yeah, it seems that Yang gets bodied here. It was not until recently that Pikachu stopped being able to solo RWBY.
I love that comment so much.

Anyway, the mouse wins. Superior range with lightning, superior speed, and more variety with steel type moves along with electric and normal, and being able to clone and boost speed.

My biggest question in regards to Yang is that, is her MHS speed for reactions only, or does it apply to her movement/combat speed as well?

Scaling from Mercury/Emerald, seeing that they dodged cloud to ground lightning fired by Amber, wouldn't this mean Yang would have lightning-speed reactions?

The point here is that Pikachu's combat speed was calculated to be ~Mach 35 while Yang's combat speed was calculated to be over Mach 300 . If Yang's shogun fists do not actually make contact with Pikachu, those fists are going to hurt considering Pikachu's pitiful defense.

I am voting for Yang on this matchup.

That is, does Thunder Wave move at MHS+ speeds? considering lots of pokemon can dodge Pikachu's lightning attacks just fine, I'm inclined to say Pikachu's electric attacks may be slower than that.

Still, if Yang is about 8x faster than Pikachu, Pikachu is likely in deep trouble even with Thunder Wave here.

Pikachu's attack speed is linked into his profile as High Hypersonic. Powerscaling doesn't work, so the logia of it being avoidable by other Pokemon can't be be used as it's likely depicted at much slower speeds in other stories.

@TMR: Well, Yang's combat speed is about MHS+, so I guess Yang can dodge Pikachu's attacks just fine. She could probably tank Pikachu's iron tail without problems as well.

Crazystarf said:
@TMR: Well, Yang's combat speed is about MHS+, so I guess Yang can dodge Pikachu's attacks just fine. She could probably tank Pikachu's iron tail without problems as well.
Doesn't Pikachu know agility (can double speed up to 6X) and quikattack(do I need to elaborate what this does) as well as double team (again do I need to explain what this does) put together with the ability to paralyz and cut her speed in half, Picachu can blitiz.

So my vote goes to pikachu.

Keep in mind that in Pokemon game mechanics, you can only use agility three times before it maxes out and you can't increase speed anymore.

Also keep in mind that even with the max speed boost, Pikachu's speed only increases about 4x (I've done research on this), so Pikachu's speed maxes out at ~Mach 140.

Pikachu would have to use agility 3 times first before even thinking about keeping up with Yang, and Yang is still faster.

Crazystarf said:
Keep in mind that in Pokemon game mechanics, you can only use agility three times before it maxes out and you can't increase speed anymore.
Also keep in mind that even with the max speed boost, Pikachu's speed only increases about 4x (I've done research on this), so Pikachu's speed maxes out at ~Mach 140.

Pikachu would have to use agility 3 times first before even thinking about keeping up with Yang, and Yang is still faster.
So yang combat speed is mach 300/2 agusting for paralysis making mach 150,only combate speed and since yang is only hypersonic+ in movment speed she will never catch up to Pikachu who is high hypersonic and Massivly hypersonic reations to begin with, put together with quikattack which is always going to be a speed boost Pikachu has nothing to worry about when it comes to speed.

Thanks for telling me it's only up to 4X for some reason I was sure it was up to 6.

If Yang gets paralyzed, her speed drops to a 1/4 instead of 1/2, making her speed Mach 75. However, this would decrease her movement speed from Hypersonic (~Mach 18 on average) to Mach 4.5, which is Supersonic+.

Now my main question is, how fast does Pikachu's Thunder Wave travel? Even if Pikachu uses Double Team, Yang's experience in combat can eventually circumvent around it.

I belive Thunderbolt,Thunder,Thunder Shock,Discharge,Spark,Thunder Wave and Nuzzle all can paralyze but I will go in depth about only one of them.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/nuzzle.shtml

This attack's speed is based on pikachu and since Yang doesn't have the speed to dodge him she will get paralyzed just by making contact with him.

If thats not enough I can give you another solid ways Pikachu can paralize her.

You sure? Most of these responses seem to be based on Yang being unable to dodge Pikachu due to his higher speed and being slower than him due to paralysis, which she no longer would be

Paralysis would still slow her down by a lot. And while her combat speed may be higher, she still can't move fast enough to blitz Pikachu, tho should could easily react to him.

He still wins this, but rather High Diff than Mid Diff.

Actually yes she could, even if she's paralyzed she'd be mach 88, whereas Pikachu is around Mach 33-35. Combat speed includes short burst speed, so yes she'd be able to blitz.

Honestly, though, paralysis is unlikely to occur.

Pikachu isn't fast enough to use nuzzle against her, meaning that Pikachu's only real chance to paralyze her is Static, which has a relatively low chance of working.

Pikachu honestly isn't likely to be able to use Agility before Yang can take him out.

If Yang speedblitzes Pikachu wont have a chance to use agility and, like i said, even if she has the paralysis status she's still faster than him by a lot

I don't see how Pikachu can win this. Yang is way too fast to be hit by its attacks, and can just blitz pikachu before it can buff itself.

Back