• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long vs Daewi Han

Yang wins that exchange in any scenario via her Semblance. That's the last thing Daewi wants.

I mean he can also just hold her in a bubble of water and punch her. Rinse and repeat until she's down. God knows Daewi isn't above using repetition to take down an opponent.

Against dragon his mindset was literally "this isn't working, I need to punch harder". During Ragnarok he wouldn't stop punching Beel despite all the other Gods beating him up.

A huge part of Daewi's character and martial art is that he dishes out just as much as he takes and is perfectly fine fighting even at a disadvantage.

I know that Daewi is a master of repetition, you dork. I read the Manhwa to. That's not what I asked.

I asked when has Daewi ever opted to restrain somebody with his bubbles while attacking them.

When the Priest was about to chop the Taichi guy?

I know that Daewi is a master of repetition, you dork. I read the Manhwa to. That's not what I asked.

I asked when has Daewi ever opted to restrain somebody with his bubbles while attacking them.
Would restraining Yang even work? She's Class M [Soon to be Class G] vs his Class K, and she can sorta just make explosions around herself

Would restraining Yang even work? She's Class M [Soon to be Class G] vs his Class K
By restrain I meant that he would trap her in a bubble, which is a water forcefield, which means LS is irrelevant. You can restrain someone without physically holding them down lol

I mean if she explodes around herself she's just gonna harm herself trying to break out of a bubble that Daewi expends no effort to instantly reform-

Assuming she harms herself through her explosions, which she probably will, since Daewi's bubbles aren't that big to the point she'd have much room to make large explosions.

I mean if she explodes around herself she's just gonna harm herself trying to break out of a bubble that Daewi expends no effort to instantly reform-

Assuming she harms herself through her explosions, which she probably will, since Daewi's bubbles aren't that big to the point she'd have much room to make large explosions.
It doesnt harm her no, and she doesnt need to make large explosions, she can just destroy the bubble by doing so, even in the Beacon arc the cast was able to counteract water by vaporizing it with heat

According to Sir Dork it is in-character, but idk it's not like water bubbles are the only things he can do with his water. And I don't feel like going back to that one arc just to confirm whether or not Sir Goon is right or not, so meh

According to Sir Dork it is in-character, but idk it's not like water bubbles are the only things he can do with his water. And I don't feel like going back to that one arc just to confirm whether or not Sir Goon is right or not, so meh
I'd prefer scans over taking Ovens at his word. I had to provide scans for my claims, so should he.

I'll get the scans tomorrow if Ovens doesn't lol, it's 1:20 A.M and I've got a full day of school ahead of me tomorrow so I gotta sleep

They can't? Like the only reason why the Priest broke out was because he was power nulled.

Yes but I'm talking about the water bubble which covers the entire person.

Also the water shields also stopped her attacks. She needed to put in more force to pass through.

If he traps her in a water bubble she would likely hurt herself as a result of the explosion going off around the whole bubble trying to get out.

But again that just powers her semblance more.

Like I said they both have relatively equal defenses (Yang with aura and Daewi with force fields), but Yang would probably have an easier time taking down Daewi’s defenses as soon as her semblance starts kicking in.

Is there anything stopping Yang from just, vaporizing the bubble
This was brought up earlier but not addressed, and I think it's a very valid way for her to escape

Yall keep focusing on Daewi trapping Yang in water when that's not his immediate go-to move to use the water. He uses it primarily to attack, not trap.

Yall keep focusing on Daewi trapping Yang in water when that's not his immediate go-to move to use the water. He uses it primarily to attack, not trap.
That’s true but it’s not really any game changer in the match. Yang just has kind of the worst semblance for Daewi since the more he hits her the stronger she gets.

She has to release that power in a burst, she doesn't just continuously get stronger as she's damaged. She has to activate the release. At least according to what Weekly has told me.

Her body is basically a storage system. As she gets hit she stores up that energy and then can release it in a burst at twice the strength.

Nobody ever said it wasn't useful lol. I personally think Yang wins.

For now, while GoH profiles are still hot garbage.

Nobody ever said it wasn't useful lol. I personally think Yang wins.

For now, while GoH profiles are still hot garbage.
those massive revisions will be coming eventually.

I just feel bad for the person who now has to calc all those feats lol.

Actually, doesn’t Daewi have fear manipulation?

Couldn’t that also play a factor in the fight?

Back