• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yagura Karatachi (and other Edo Jins) Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So Yagura Karatachi finally has a page! And it already needs to be revised

The current page scales his alive self above Mei and Kisame for no real reason. It says “via powerscaling” which isn’t a proper justification.

His Edo key scales him to reflecting KCM Naruto, even though that a feat for his mirror jutsu and only his mirror jutsu. His V2 stats are also a different tier and list his Bijuudama there for some reason, even though none of the other jinchūriki profiles do that.

Here’s my revised version of the profile, shout out to @UchihaSlayer96 for helping out with this.

Also minor revision for the the other Edo Jinchūriki, they currently have “Her abilities were enhanced by having the Sharingan and Rinnegan[1]” listed in their Attack Potency, but it should be listed in a note at the bottom of the page.

I agree with these changes.

There are also some attacks that Yagura/Isobu exclusively performed in the anime (i was informed in hindsight that anime feats aren't accepted and i am not sure if that includes techniques aswell) that can be removed from the Notable attack sections if that isn't accepted.

Specifically:

Fūton: Taifūikka
Suiton: Daikaisuidan

And Genjutsu

The "Yagura is capable of using this attack in his V2 Jinchūriki Cloak and his full Bijū transformation" can also be removed from the Bijūdama description if that's the case, as he only did that in the Anime.

Oh, I should mention that I added some resistances to Yagura's profile yesterday, so those shouldn't be removed when the changes from this thread are applied.

Quick question: How come Yagura is being scaled to Kisame and Zabuza's 7-B Attack Potency, but not Mei's High 7-A?

I feel like base Yagura is being a bit downplayed. Why is he only city level in the sandbox but his actual profile is high 7-a?

But why is he being scaled below Kisame samehada fusion and Mei in the war? Is it just lack of evidence for him?

There is literally no reason for him to scale to either of those.

Would "At least 7-B, possibly High 7-A" be better? As Mei's High 7-A rating does include feats from the FKS and there isn't any indication that Mei grew noticeably stronger between Yagura's death and the FKS

Would "At least 7-B, possibly High 7-A" be better? As Mei's High 7-A rating does include feats from the FKS and there isn't any indication that Mei grew noticeably stronger between Yagura's death and the FKS
Aside from the fact that there’s a significant amount of time between Yagura’s death and the Five Kage Summit, there’s still no good reason to assume Mei has always been the exact same strength.

Aside from the fact that there’s a significant amount of time between Yagura’s death and the Five Kage Summit, there’s still no good reason to assume Mei has always been the exact same strength.
Is there anything to suggests she's trained? Also yaguras death was just shortly before part 1 iirc. So about 3 or 4 years since he died. Nothing really implies she got stronger or trained.

And another thing that I find kinda wrong or at least random is why is his mirror jutsu stronger in edo than in base?

Is there anything to suggests she's trained? Also yaguras death was just shortly before part 1 iirc. So about 3 or 4 years since he died. Nothing really implies she got stronger or trained.
Let’s see, Mei scales to Madara, who scales to KCM2 Naruto, who scales above Kakashi and Guy, who scale to the V2 jinchūriki, which would include Yagura… and you want to scale his weaker, alive base form to that. That makes no sense whatsoever.
And another thing that I find kinda wrong or at least random is why is his mirror jutsu stronger in edo than in base?
It’s literally Varies in both keys, what-

It’s literally Varies in both keys, what-
Yea but my problem is that if he can create clones as strong as his opponent then his chakra would correlate to that no? His Jutsu takes chakra, his physicals take chakra. idk why its being considered that much of a difference.

Let’s see, Mei scales to Madara, who scales to KCM2 Naruto, who scales above Kakashi and Guy, who scale to the V2 jinchūriki, which would include Yagura… and you want to scale his weaker, alive base form to that. That makes no sense whatsoever.
I guess but it doesn't really seem accurate to the portrayal of Mei, I disagree with her ap rating but it doesn't really matter ig. Otherwise his speed is fine

Yea but my problem is that if he can create clones as strong as his opponent then his chakra would correlate to that no? His Jutsu takes chakra, his physicals take chakra. idk why its being considered that much of a difference.
The mirror jutsu is a textbook Varies tier. There’s no reason to assume the reflections scale to Yagura himself.

And again, there is no difference between the mirror jutsu in his alive and Edo keys because they’re both Varies.

The mirror jutsu is a textbook Varies tier. There’s no reason to assume the reflections scale to Yagura himself.

And again, there is no difference between the mirror jutsu in his alive and Edo keys because they’re both Varies.
So you don't think its using chakra to power it? Thats kinda what im saying and if he has biju levels of chakra in his reserve then he should be able to clone such power like he did with bee and Naruto. And it can be at least but I think it varies above 7-A considering its shown feat.

So you don't think its using chakra to power it?
I don’t think it scales to Yagura’s own stats.
And it can be at least but I think it varies above 7-A considering its shown feat.
It’s not getting a tier other than Varies because it’s based entirely on who’s getting reflected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back