• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

y do we assume it?

Why do we assume that making a hole in a mountain is not mountain level but making a hole in a character that has mountain durability is mountain level if the logic is the same?

Destroying an entire mountain, at minimum assumption, is Low 7-B, Bern. We can calculate the destruction of a mountain or making a hole. We don't need to make assumptions.
I know that, but I am talking about making holes, like, if an attack make a hole in a mountain, it wont be mountain level, but if a character make a hole in the chest of a character who has mountain durability, the character is rated as mountain level

I know that, but I am talking about making holes, like, if an attack make a hole in a mountain, it wont be mountain level, but if a character make a hole in the chest of a character who has mountain durability, the character is rated as mountain level
like, if this bear that I draw had a Mountain durability, if a character could make a hole in this bear, the character would scale to a mountain level, but if a character made a hole in a mountain, they wont scale to a full mountain, but we do it to characters who made a role in the bear despite not making a hole in the full bear?
Sem_titulo_-_2021-07-22T061556.531.jpg

Because making a hole in them upscales from the amount of recoil the character received when conducting a 7-A feat most of the time, if you ignore how recoil works, that is

why would the durability of a mountain not be mountain level
Lets look up what a mountain is made of: Rocks. You dont need Mountain level to destroy those. Give a human enough time and explosives and he could destroy that mountain sufficently over time. That woudnt make him Mountain level (I think it would make the total amounts of explosives used mountain level though? Dont know if we can combine their values like that), because again, you dont get mountain level values by being able to "harm" a mountain, you get mountain level by destroying one.

A character with mountain level durability basically has a body tough enough to tank the destruction value of a mountain in 1 or more attacks. Putting a hole through your bear (Why a bear of all things though) is not the same as putting a hole in a mountain, because both do not have the same durability.

I think people are confused with how potent "Mountain level" durability actually is. Most buildings do not have building level durability, but rather more like Street level to Wall level durability but are large sized. Building level is more so the AP required to destroy an entire building in one hit. Mountain level is the same concept, mountains don't actually have mountain level durability because to be franc, getting completely obliterated is not a durability feat at all. A character with mountain level durability on the other hand would be able to tank a mountain level attack and only receive moderate damage at worst.

Let's not forget that 7-A currently isn't even based on destroying a mountain, destroying a mountain will usually be low 7-B, for 7-A you need to exceed 100 megatons of energy

Baseline Mountain level is roughly fragmenting 1/8th of Mount Fuji, but we did have a lot of threads trying to basically push for parameters for each tier. But yeah, destroying an average mountain is really only a Low 7-B feat.

Baseline Mountain level is roughly fragmenting 1/8th of Mount Fuji, but we did have a lot of threads trying to basically push for parameters for each tier. But yeah, destroying an average mountain is really only a Low 7-B feat.
Wow mount fuji is pretty big, y is it the standard of mountains?

it is hillarious how people are incapable of explaining this properly though i bet that i'm about to be made fun of when my attempt fails rn

Because someone with mountain durability can withstand an attack that would destroy an entire mountain.
Therefore, you would not be able to punch a hole in them with an attack that could not destroy an entire mountain.
(Ignoring pressure)

Wow mount fuji is pretty big, y is it the standard of mountains?
It isn't the standard for mountain feats, Mountain level also used to have an alternate name as "Large City level". And a Gigaton is also the baseline for Large Mountain level is another note. Though, I think that's slightly less controversial due to the word "Large". Tiers that have 1 PrefixTons or 100 PrefixTons aren't really based on any specific border. For example, Island level has a basis and that's nuking all of Cypress Island, but not so much Large Island level. Country level is also based off nuking all of Japan, but Small Country and Large Country don't really have a basis. Baseline for Continent level is nuking all of Russia, and nuking all of Eurasia is the baseline for High 6-A.

it depends on how the character scales.

A mountain can be anywhere from 600 to 8840 meters and that's just our planet, thus blowing a hole in the mountain would vary, especially depending on the size. If the hole is just 1cm wide then it wouldn't even be a 8-B feat, but if it is the size of half the mountain then it is gonna depend on how big the actual mountain is.

But a character who is 7-A already has an established feat. Let's say mr A nuked a 3000 meter mountain which is clearly 7-A. The nuking was done by punching it. The A then punches this mr B and the B withstands it, meaning that this one part of his body already withstood a 7-A blow. But then a mr C comes in and punches him in the same spot and leaves a hole. He did something far greater than mr A with the 7-A punch as he was able to harm someone who was unphazed by the 7-A punch

overall:
guy punching a hole in a mountain might be 7-A but it all depends on how big the mountain and the hole are

guy punching a hole in a 7-A dude means the dude had a pre-established 7-A feat which did not harm him the same way the guy did, thus 7-A.

What gave it away? The very accurate and adorable bear diagram?
it was just a way to try to explain better my points, as I am someone who usually like to od diagrams, and bears are the best thing that I can draw, but I am still bad with it, as it doesnt even have a mouth, it took 20 seconds 😞

Mountain is mountain, no?

But in all seriousness, maybe I can explain it. So, mountains are made out of rock, which has a much lower durability than 7-A. With that, you'd calculate how much of that rock is fragmented, pulverized, vaporized, etc. A human, however, is built different. A face, arm, leg and so forth can take around the same level of punishment all around, for the most part. So, if a face takes an attack that can damage it, and that human has 7-A durability, then he's 7-A all around as far as durability is concerned.

Back