• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xiaolin Showdown: Question about Wuya

This may seem very vague but it was something that popped into my head while thinking about Xiaolin Showdown so ill go ahead and ask.

Shouldnt Wuya quite literally and completely be beyond the power of all Shen Gung Wu? When shes at her absolute best strength (not like when Chase revived her but at a bare minimum of her power)?

I seem to recall when Omi, Clay and Kimiko tried using their Shen Gong Wu against her, they were completely useless she straight up embarrased them without even trying. She even stated herself that Shen Gong Wu were below her as if they were just toys and continued to stomp them. And quite frankly, when shes at her best level of power, Wuya is normally the most powerful in X.S. (I say normally because obviously this is excluding all of the tier 2 characters who later become top of the food chain in Chronicles.). Even Chase Young (long before he becomes tier 2) was scared of Wuyas true power which is why he only gave her back a bare minimum of her strength.

To make the story short, Wuya normally is the most powerful in the verse and like with Kaguya, sealing her in the puzzle box was the absolute only real way of besting her. If Shen Gong Wu at all really were alternatives to defeating her, then Wuya would have long been beaten, even by Grand Master Dashi in their fight thousands of years prior to the series. And Omi wouldn't have needed to get another puzzle box from him.

So if no objections, I believe Wuya should be above that of all Shen Gung Wu, if not all then at least the ones known in the original show not Chronicles which begins hitting tier 2. Does anyone agree/disagree?

Wuya was just boasting around her powers, she is not superior to all the Shen Gong Wu, one example is the Mask of the Green Monkey, which allowed Chase to shatter several planets with ease, lastly when Chase had Omi's powers he was superior to Wuya.

Not that I don't agree with the feat, I do, but when did Chase use that to shatter planets again?

And to be fair, when Chase had Omi's powers Wuya was still restricted. She only got revived with her powers at a bare minimum, Chase himself even was scared of her true absolute powers so I don't think there's anything proving Chase with Omi's power is superior to True power Wuya when she could be superior or just equal to him.

Chase used that in the episodes prior Fly the Drago. Chase said that he had the combined strength of Omi and himself, which would prove that he is physically superior to Wuya, but her magic powers is the thing that was feared the most about Wuya.

Ah I see. But here's the thing. Chase by himself in the original show, IIRC, is still weaker than Wuya but I might be wrong. And Omi's power is a general joke compared to hers. Would both of their power fused really be above that of Wuya in any way?

Ultimately, I'm perfectly fine if Wuya isn't beyond all Shen Gong Wu as that would be stretching it but there should be some she's stronger than and resistant to, no? Thats what im questoning atm. For example, her page lists her at Light Speed via the Shard of Lightning. But SoL is a 1st gen Wu and if her true power allows her to make a lot of Wu useless against her, it would make sense that she can be that fast without it no?

Base Chase Young is physically comparable to Wuya and is not that weaker than her in magic since he was one of the major threats of the series, also like Wuya he said that Shen Gong Wu are like toys to him, but they should not scale to strongest one because they did not normally performed feats on the level of the mask of the green monkey or the shard of lightning.

Oh yeah I forgot about that last part....

Well in that case I agree the strongest ones shouldn't be considered but are there any Wu we can logically scale them and give them resistance to?

Chase 5-A feat made him superior to most Shen Gong Wu, but i don't know all them and the probable effects on them, Darkanine knows the response about this.

Back