• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xiaolin Chronicles: Tai Shui and Heylin Dragon possible upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone. In this thread, I will be discussing a possible upgrade for the characters Tai Shui and Chase Young.

Currently, Tai Shui is rated at "2-B" for Tigress Wu stating that theirs a tremendous amount of universes, which she compares to the number of stars in the sky. However, she also describes the amount of universes as "endless".

As the show was recently taken off of Netflix, I cannot provide screenshots, but I can provide a transcript.

KIMIKO: How many dimensions are there?

TIGRESS WU: Hahaha, Endless, think of it this way, how many stars are in the sky?

Statement happens in Episode 15 Tigress Wu, around the 14:30 mark

As you can see, Tigress is using the "stars in the sky" as an example to signify how grand the concept is to Kimiko, rather than saying there's only that many universes. Because of this, I suggest upgrading Tau Shui to 2-A for embodying the Multiverse, which was described as "endless" and Heylin Dragon Chase at "Likely 2-A" or "Possibly 2-A" since he was going to destroy it apparently (I haven't gotten to far into Chronicles, I'm just going by what the profiles say)

Thoughts?

Is Endless the same as saying infinite? I think of it as more like countless.

If it's that, then it's pretty alright with here then.

Well, "Endless", "Infinite" and "Unlimited" are all synonyms and "Endless" means "without end" so I think it counts as infinite. Tai Shui also refers to the Multiverse as "unending" and "infinite"

I am one with the cosmos, you cannot destroy the cosmos without destroying me, and you will never destroy the cosmos for all in it is infinite, like soil and sand and stars. Air, wind, water and light, unending.
~ Tai Shui​

"Countless" has a different meaning, so high it can't be counted. As Dark said, stuff like "endless" is literally without end.

I'm fine with either "At least 2-B, possibly/likely 2-A" or just a straight up "2-A."

@Ryu

Like I mentioned in the OP, both times they compare the universe to a finite number, it seems to be more explaining the vastness rather then giving a definite number, while using "Endless" to actually describe the scale of the multiverse.

Since everyone seems okay with the changes, I will perform them.

@Dark That's why I said I'm fine with straight up 2-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back