• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Battlefield 2
More specifically, both the Destiny Sculptor and Battle Angel are confronted by a trio of frighteningly powerful Rouge Spirits, shortly after being whisked away to some new foreign place, who hold the three pieces of the key needed to leave this world, and seek their death as Rouge Spirits are wont to do.

Speed is Equalized, and starting distance is at 100 meters on opposite ends of the bridge pictured, but SBA otherwise applies.

Shall the Xenotribute Warriors escape the tranquil ruin, or fall to the Rouge Spirits? Be sure to state your reasoning below, etc.

• Ethan and Ariana:
  • Earth, Wind, and Fire: 3

I was definitely not ready for this since I was in the middle of editing these two.

I'll make the assumption that EWF specialize in their corrosponding element.

Going to assume that they could possibly resist Ariana's World of Light illusion stuff, since I don't know how their Enhanced Senses would work in the ORW verse.

Both probably have comparable intelligence. Their teamwork will probably be on par with each other as well

Normally most characters in my verse wouldn't be able to hurt these guys and their Soul Regenerationn stuff, but luckily, both Ethan and Ariana do have access to Astral Energy, which is essentially the middle finger to things such as that. Anything they dish out WILL deal damage. As well, both resist Soul Manipulation. So that should clarify that this is an even playing field for the most part

EWF have the numbers advantage at first glance, but both of the XenoRealm Warriors can indeed use Kage Bushin no Jutsu and clone themselves a multitude of times to outnumber as well. Ethan uses this quite a lot, and so does Ariana, on a lesser scale, though her clones generally have more attack power and have the ability to be "fake" to fool her opposition.

The XRWs have speed amps as well in multiple ways. Both have a Dash move that makes them much faster, and Ariana's makes her intangible. And both of them have their states, Super Signal (on top of Unchained) and Gold Radiance that make their speed that much more absurd. This will most likely cancel and possibly surpass Soul Reading, as they have competed with Travis, who also has Telepathy and mind reading.

EWF's main abilities, assuming their name says it all, specialize in elemental attacks...? If that's the case, Ethan can most definitely tank all of those things fairly well, and with Bioelectric Recovery, should heal off any damages that manages to get through, if it does at all. If not Ariana's healing capabilities are potent enough to do the job at recovering health extremely well.

Intangibility from EWF leaves them vulnerable anyways, all it does is give them Flight, which Ethan and Ariana can deal with.

Both XRW's have versatile sets of abilities as well to control the battlefield and litter it with many hazards, mostly Ethan's. Shards, Spikes, Walls, Orbs, Clones, Bombs, all of them are hazards that one would not want to run into. Ariana has her Spheres that can employ this trick as well.

AP definitely goes to EWF by a margin of 11 Exatons. But that seems to be the combined power of two of these guys. However for the benefit of the doubt I'll say that they all can do that. ORWs/XRWs are used to fighting people stronger than them, so much so that they are always in constant danger of getting severely injured suddenly. Thankfully, Ariana's healing abilities should bring them back up back to high gear, but they generally deal with these enemies with strategic plays. Looking at the enviorment, there are plenty of places to take cover from attacks and enhanced the mountains with their Energy to allow them to withstand incoming attacks. They can also use these structures to mount attacks from different angles, example attacking with clones from behind multiple cliffs

Ariana's Illusions are some really good stuff, but I'm not sure if it can be countered or not, so I won't take it into account. Though, her Illusions can be enough to fool 6th Sense users, which depending on training can potentially sense anything. This however is more related to the fact that many cannot 6th Sense Astral Energy without even more training

This is a surface level argument for now. I'll try and look into EWF's skillset as much as possible later since I'm sure there's a lot more they can do that I just don't see in their profiles, but so far this looks like a mid-hard diff XRW win for me.

Phasing also boosts their speed, to the point of blitzing people with reactions 21 times over their base speed, so I'm not sure they can do much against that

Even if elemental attacks don't do much there's nothing stopping them from just punching the two alot in the soul, especially when coupled with the fact they're 13 Exatons to Ariana and Ethan's 9.5 Petatons, which is a gap of over 1,000 times when 7.5 is all it takes to oneshot

If the illusions take hold of the spiritual plane it might work, but they can also just nuke the entire battlefield as they've been breed bloodthirsty and collateral.

One: why is Ariana only 9.5 Petatons if she scales to the the exact same thing that makes Ethan 16 Exatons, and is expressedly stronger than him at this point to boot?

Two: I am told I might have jumped the gun a tad since people were still actually working on hammering out the kinks in the pages, so I can hold off if need be I suppose?

Also keep this in mind when you do scaling from a bossfight being "supposedly" or "assumingly" canon

Thanks for bringing that 9.5 Petas to my attention, didn't see that.

That Phasing's speed is... important to note. Can it outspeed XRW's speed amps? Maybe? It's hard to say because the boost they get from their speed amps is shown to be pretty ridiculous (just look at Ethan's other keys speed feats). But if those were to be faster, healing is pretty effective and patching up any wounds they get

Illusions do work then. Ariana doesn't have to create a whole new imaginary world, that's just to show how powerful the Illusions can be. She could always make subtle changes, such as making Ethan and her switch places or shift their positions slightly to throw them off.

A Nuke everything Danmaku could potentially work, Ethan and Ariana do have defensive measures to reduce the damage, and considering that would be a lack of concentration is said attack wouldn't do very much if they aren't standing right in front of them. Again, they could run behind cliffs or such and Energize them to allow them to take damage without immediately combusting.

Wait

>Looks at both profiles

>Looks very closely

>Examines at atomic level

They don't resist life manipulation

They stand there and both of them turn to dust gg

And even then does healing work on a spiritual level? Otherwise they'll still get mentally and ethereally blasted until something stops working.

It should work on that level for both Life Erosion and Soul Damage. Though this is really just Ariana's healing, Ethan's Bioelectric Recovery/Healing only really works on physical wounds unless Essentia: Unchained is entered upon. I assume that life stuff is somewhat fast. Considering the environment, E&A could just run with Illusion Manipulation and wait till they wither out due to the lack of life, while bombarding them with naruto running kage bushin's which obviously don't have life. Another thing they could go with is simply take them out before Life Stuff kills them while healing up. They can probably keep up with the speed boosts with their own, and as well get past Telepathy due to experience with Travis.

I see this going two ways. One, inconclusive where EWF just continues to dodge around if they happen to outspeed E&A, while the other party just heal spams. The other being E&A win if their speed is enough (which I certainly think they can do, with Analytical Prediction, broken 6th Sense, Forcefields, and Pulse) because healing exists.

If E&A happen to be slower, their traps are still in affect. Since Intangibility is pretty much useless aside from the speed boost and flight they get due to leaving their soul open for damage, the hazards that Ethan and Ariana can make will still be in affect, making things harder to navigate around. Tornado Wall is an anti air attack, so not even flying would be effective at getting around their defenses. This extra weaving around the battlefield can balance out the speed difference (if there is one) significantly.

As well Ariana does have the ability to just nullify the opposition's abilities and movement with Sealer Dome, allowing them to rain damage all over.

Overall:

EWF:

• +Potentially Speed Advantage?
  • +Telepathy gives them a significant edge
  • +Gives Time Limit via Life Manipulation
  • -Mana apparently runs out quickly? Not quite sure
XRW:

• +Numbers with clones
  • +Healing screws with the Life Manipulation and all attacks
  • +Experience against Telepathy and stronger/faster people, the latter extremely so
  • +Sensory Capabilities will definitely help against the speed disadvantage that they may possibly have
  • -Possibly Slower

They'd have to spam healing on themselves to not just die from life drain, which would make it impossible for them to actually fight at the same time

And even then it's more than lethal within the span of a few seconds of them being anywhere nearby, which would happen if they decided to be range prone enough to not instantly die.

Sealer dome uses a lot of their energy, and even if it's worthwhile enough and gets them a solid number of hits, all three of them are immune to pain and any amount of wounding short of making them completely lose the physical capacity to function won't really work

Ah, so the Life Manipulation works really fast. I definitely did not know of that solely looking at what I had seen on the profile

Regenerative properties should help slow the effect down enough, if not stop it at all, so there's that.

If Ethan and Ariana realize that they are definitely in a disadvantageous position when near them, it is still a viable option to literally just run. Using Illusions to cover their actual positions, and lifeless clones to attack from a farther distance it's likely that this can be drawn out to be an inconclusive too. Still think that Ethan and Ariana could potentially just tank to life drain, get their hits in, and then dip with illusions

Oh crap I forgot to make this part more easy to see, since even I forgot it after looking through her profile. Ariana should be able to resist and remove status effects such as the Life Manipulation with Gold Radiance and Divine Dura, or straight out her healing abilities when it comes to other people. So they wouldn't have to continuously spam the healing, since it would at least temporarily remove that Life Manipulation status (for Ethan, Ariana should actually be fine)

That's my bad. I'll make sure to edit the profiles after this to show this attribute more and take responsibility for now clarifying it more.

It's not a status ailment, it's a passive effect. They can't exactly just remove it, and they can't really just Regen it off, especially if they have contact and immediately disintegrate. Even if they can put up a Divine energy barrier, they have a limited supply in comparison to a perpetual need for the spirits to sustain themselves. Actually, on top of that, if they spend their Divine energy on not immediately dying, they wouldn't exactly have much to spare negating their Low Godly (and even on top of that, does Divine energy actually have feats of taking out Regen that good?)

If they just start immediately bailing from a lack of options, what exactly stops the spirits from nuking the area and all it's oxygen as a result? They don't have self sustainance to their side and they can't exactly shift into a state that doesn't need it. If Ethan and Ariana just spam as many cheap tricks as possible, they have no reason to treat this as a straight up fight and will gladly scorch the earth to oblivion (made especially worse by the fact there's no outside interference to give them reason to not do so to the entire planet)

Ah, it's immediate disintegration. Okay, if that's the case, yeah, Ethan and Ariana definitely lose here. I was under the impression that it was a gradual effect, not instant death.

As for the status ailment thing, I also meant that the passive effect won't work as well, but it doesn't really matter all too much since Ethan would definitely not stand a chance. For clarification purposes, yes, Astral Energy screws with all kinds of Regenerationn. Think of Astral Energy like an "Anti-Bull" attack option, it negates any defensive means to "negate" damage, unless they legitimately dodge or block the attack, in other words "screw your 'haha you didn't actually do damage because of ____'"

These guys are definitely too much to handle if the Life Manipulation is that good. I can still see E&A win with some ultimate brain stratagems, but it's not really likely if it really is that quick.

If Life Manipulation weren't a thing though, the possibility of E&A winning definitely goes up.

This is one of those battles where EWF would be a "boss" battle in the actual games, so I don't really expect Ethan and Ariana to have more wins than EWF with dat life manipulation. It's probably an 8-2. Stomp? Maybe? It's not like E&A can't win at all, they may have a Stamina advantage and the points I made above still do apply, it's just that their time limit is extremely short to the point where it isn't likely.

I dunno about the stamina part, but it's only instant if they make direct contact. Otherwise it's just pretty fast (and I dunno if they'd be able to react within the span of time it needs)

Should I just add this? 2 votes, and I assume Perp's gonna just vote the same as well. I don't feel like wasting anyone's time?

Back